Chiefs fans are laughing about the trade.

read this earlier -

"Right now Patrick is not absolutely ready to play," Kansas City coach Andy Reid said. "He's got some work to do. We have to be patient with him. He's definitely not a finished product right now."

So for all of those griping about the trade ..... According to Reid, Mahomes is not ready to start in 2017.

No kidding. Yet they have a serviceable QB and will make playoffs...but Reid also understands they are not going to make Super Bowl without great QB. Mahomes can develop into that. Most gifted QB in class.

Our Bills have up 171 basis draft points to do the deal so in fact using the traditional point system KC came out ahead

However 171 is not alot of points but it is another draft pick we did not get

Still I like the idea of the trade down

Much better than giving away draft picks for players that don't achieve the value of the picks

So I'll take all the extra picks

Just wish we had even more in 2018

By having not signed marginal FA's

jc

That draft chart is nonsense. It's basically made up values by one person that do not reflect the true importance of each pick...namely they vastly overrated higher picks and underrated lower picks. But, in this draft with how deep it is, a 3rd round pick is probably equivalent to a 2nd round pick from most other years...you are going to get a similarly talented player.

I think all things considered they did very well..basically traded Lattimore for White and an extra 3rd rounder this year and a second rounder next year.

The chiefs got a tough schedule next year. Ne, hou, pit, nfc east, raiders and denver twice, and of course us. 8 losses wouldnt be out of the question especially if they dont keep getting their 7 pts a game from def and special teams

Alex Smith can get hurt and leave it up to the Rookie... who knows they could go 4-12, nobody knows, over/under though I'd say would be pick 20

I agree with them. Chiefs will pick around same spot next year. A late 1st round 25th isn't the same as a top 10-15 pick obviously. I think we needed to get a 2nd rounder this year to say we "hosed them." A 3rd is like ehh ok.

Cleveland will have pick 1 and a top 15 since they traded with Houston who is going to stink this year.

No kidding. Yet they have a serviceable QB and will make playoffs...but Reid also understands they are not going to make Super Bowl without great QB. Mahomes can develop into that. Most gifted QB in class.

Chiefs trying to win a Superbowl. Buffalo punted.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

B.S. comment.

Chiefs paid up to draft a guy who won't play for at least a year - probably several. That is at least as much of a "punt" as the Bills making plans for later this year and next year.

Wait..It's even more ridiculous than that.

Bills first draft guy is almost guaranteed to start in game one this year. Not a punt at all.

Edited by PolishDave

B.S. comment.

Chiefs paid up to draft a guy who won't play for at least a year - probably several. That is at least as much of a "punt" as the Bills making plans for later this year and next year.

Bills first draft guy is almost guaranteed to start in game one this year. Not a punt at all.

Percentage play by the Bills. The move they made has a much higher chance of success than the Chiefs .

B.S. comment.

That's short term thinking that has doomed this franchise for almost 20 years. Need longer time horizons for draft picks then what can you do for me this year. It was easy to predict when Pegula put a first time head defensive head coach in charge of the draft room.

Edited by jeffismagic

B.S. comment.

Chiefs go 10-6 again Bills go 6-10

Mahomes shines bright in 2018, Bills dump Taylor for the next game manager.

Beeeeeeeeews!

That's short term thinking that has doomed this franchise for almost 20 years. Need longer time horizons for draft picks then what can you do for me this year. It was easy to predict when Pegula put a first time head defensive head coach in charge of the draft room.

Tell that to the NFL people who get 2-3 years to turn things around or get fired. The NFL isn't a developmental league anymore. Especially at QB when you get drafted in the early first round.

And how is it short term thinking to trade down and get 3 starters instead of 1? Seems like that is the way the Patriots keep being able to get good players...they trade down a lot.

So a post that cries about nothing yet points that finger at others. Ironic.

You just are mad because your take on Mahomes has been shown to be laughable.

Andy Reid and John Dorsey (Green Bay staff) > Teeflesbees

I'm pretty sure you just a man crush on mahomes.

Reid doesnt win superbowls. He stumbles his way into the playoffs and loses. Thats kind of his thing.

His shortsighted decision to trade away 1st round picks pretty much confirms that hes washed up.

I think its an interesting trade for the chiefs.

Reid should have done something like this 4 years ago.

Alex Smith can get that team to the playoffs. He def wont win them games in the playoffs. They cant contend seriously without a better QB.

If they think they can mold Mahomes...go for it.

I dont think Mahomes would have done anything in Buffalo anyways. So I think we got a great deal regardless. The risk is all on the chiefs.

Tell that to the NFL people who get 2-3 years to turn things around or get fired. The NFL isn't a developmental league anymore. Especially at QB when you get drafted in the early first round.

And how is it short term thinking to trade down and get 3 starters instead of 1? Seems like that is the way the Patriots keep being able to get good players...they trade down a lot.

That's why Pegula needs to hire a top GM and give him a longer mandate. Short term thinking is why Buffalo spins the wheels while never getting out of the mud.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I don't really understand the Chiefs' fans or Bills fans with each trying to point to how much "better" one got of the other....this is a league of parity for the most part. So, the Chiefs got the QB they believe is their future - awesome - the Bills obviously did NOT believe in him as much or they would have chosen him and to be honest, the Chiefs are currently a more complete team and the Bills are essentially going through another change with a new HC and system. So, adding the extra 3rd this year - as others have said in a very deep Draft - getting a 1st next year, is pretty good....it's not great, like say getting a 2nd this year as well, but it's pretty good. Also, it seems to me McD and the staff are essentially saying while they're going to work hard at making playoffs this year and believe they "could" be good, they're basically laying the groundwork for the future, as in next year and two years from now. IMHO, the FA period indicated this already and this trade back to pick up two 1st Round picks in what is supposed to be a very good QB Draft tells me they're planning on going all in on a QB NEXT year......

And that crush is shared by the brightest QB minds in the NFL. Too bad Doug Whaley is not in the club and is not a card carrying member.

Lol the brightest qb minds just have a man crush on mahomes? That's interesting club, I never heard of it.

Lol the brightest qb minds just have a man crush on mahomes? That's interesting club, I never heard of it.

Yes, watch the Dorsey video on KC Chiefs. He explains how 4-5 of the gurus wanted Mahomes and Chiefs won the derby.

But sure on ESPN none of this is understood.