RD 1, Pick 27: Tre'Davious White (CB) - LSU

SDS

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So my first thought was... Uhg... Loose Gilmore and pick up another CB.. Typical Dumb GM Sense. Then I started thinking... This is a Solid CB with Return abilities and has a high ceiling. It fills a need in a draft where we go need not BPA. A captain with 4 years experience witch is rare now a days and he is smart. He looks small but 5'11" isn't that bad. On top of it all we didn't reach for a QB in a bad QB class and got an extra first round pick next year in an excellent QB class.

In Hindsight should of we gotten Cam Robinson at Tackle or picked a QB out of this draft? Time will tell.. but lets face facts... Many of us wanted us to trade and we did..

We filled a need. I still think we should trade our Second round pick down to 15-20 in second round and pick up a fourth round pick.

This is roster building year via draft..

Next year is the year of the QB's... I am slowly getting excited about this.

Um only two teams scored more TDs than the Bills this year going into week 17 when TT sat, Atl and Saints. Scoring was NOT our problem. Yet, if you remove the fluke shutout against Pats missing Brady, Jimmy, and Gronk, we were 26th in the NFL in giving up points.

So clearly, preventing scores was a massively bigger problem than scoring this season. And we basically lost our only good WR for the bulk of the season as he basically played two games where he was sort of healthy. Yet still scored over 26 points per game in TT 15 starts, including 10 games over 25. Yet in the 15 games outside that fluke shutout, we gave up over 25 points per game.

So there's those pesky facts again...

PS: the last 2 seasons is the highest scoring 2 year period in bills history outside the first 3 SB years.

You're preaching to the "alternative facts" people so good luck changing their minds with actual true facts.

Agreed. I get the pick but was hoping we'd wait til rd 2-3 for a cb. Would've preferred Foster

You add another instant starter, young, talented CB to a stable of young talented CBs and hope they can grow together. This pick adds ammo and adds a solid piece to an interesting secondary group.

I have already voiced my concerns which have nothing to do with his leadership, smarts, or availability. Hes a decent zone cover corner. He got beat more than I would like to see a corner get beat when playing man and was saved at times by very badly thrown balls. Im not saying hes terrible, but Im not ready to anoint him as anything until I see him play against NFL talent.

You have his coverage ability backwards, he broke up over a 1/3rd of the passes his way in primarily man coverage and is a excellent man corner and gets beat more when playing off or zone coverage.

So my first thought was... Uhg... Loose Gilmore and pick up another CB.. Typical Dumb GM Sense. Then I started thinking... This is a Solid CB with Return abilities and has a high ceiling. It fills a need in a draft where we go need not BPA. A captain with 4 years experience witch is rare now a days and he is smart. He looks small but 5'11" isn't that bad. On top of it all we didn't reach for a QB in a bad QB class and got an extra first round pick next year in an excellent QB class.

In Hindsight should of we gotten Cam Robinson at Tackle or picked a QB out of this draft? Time will tell.. but lets face facts... Many of us wanted us to trade and we did..

We filled a need. I still think we should trade our Second round pick down to 15-20 in second round and pick up a fourth round pick.

This is roster building year via draft..

Next year is the year of the QB's... I am slowly getting excited about this.

Also longer really than 5'11 due to his above avg Arm length.

So you're telling me we have cb that won't get burned by Hogan?!

Sorry, I had to. Wasn't the sexiest of picks but reading more about him indepthly, I'm cool with it seems like a solid pick and the right pick. Basically let Gilmore go in FA for another day 1 starter and an additional 1st and 3rd, how is that a loss? Now let's get our safety and lb tomorrow.

Edited by Captain Murica

But one of the Best Defenses in the NFL that need a LBer passed on Foster and traded the pick to a division rival.

That shoulder is trashed watch then add the other issues

Another team also traded additional picks in order to get him, goes both ways. The saints didn't like him. The niners did. Neither have done a very good job of drafting in the past couple years although the niners have a new FO. Foster is definitely a risk. Maybe not worth it at 10, but well worth the risk at 27 imo. Dudes a hammer. Being a hammer might be his biggest detriment but either way, I love Foster as a football player and would've rolled the dice. We made a very safe pick. A good pick. I just don't think it will end up being the best pick. I see WLB as a major need on this team and I'm not a big fan of many WLB prospect she in the draft. Cb is a major need as well, but I thiught we could've landed a starting caliber Cb in rd 2-3. Now our WLB will likely be below average unless we can sign a FA or trade up for zach Cunningham.

Thats what Bill is telling me anyway

Sorry brother, I'm late to the party apparently.... Is this bill from NYC we are dealing with?

Also longer really than 5'11 due to his above avg Arm length.

Now I'm with you....

Another team also traded additional picks in order to get him, goes both ways. The saints didn't like him. The niners did. Neither have done a very good job of drafting in the past couple years although the niners have a new FO. Foster is definitely a risk. Maybe not worth it at 10, but well worth the risk at 27 imo. Dudes a hammer. Being a hammer might be his biggest detriment but either way, I love Foster as a football player and would've rolled the dice. We made a very safe pick. A good pick. I just don't think it will end up being the best pick. I see WLB as a major need on this team and I'm not a big fan of many WLB prospect she in the draft. Cb is a major need as well, but I thiught we could've landed a starting caliber Cb in rd 2-3. Now our WLB will likely be below average unless we can sign a FA or trade up for zach Cunningham.

Seattle Didnt like him (dire need for a LB) traded pick to their division rival and let them take him. Plus add his flags (medical and character). His shoulder is a huge ???

Sorry brother, I'm late to the party apparently.... Is this bill from NYC we are dealing with?

Now I'm with you....

Not sure always has some nice hot takes. But either way like the pick and maybe it finally points to Bills actually using analytics instead of using it as lip service.

Tre White is a day one starter and is a high character guy. His game reminds me a little of Antoine Winfield. He was good value at 27 and was probably the 3rd best CB in the draft (once Jones got hurt). I would have went Foster but maybe that injury and those character concerns are worse than we have been led to believe. The White pick wasn't sexy but it was solid. The Bills have 4 open starting spots imo and now they have 3. They can potentially fill the rest tomorrow AND they scored a 1st next year. It would be difficult to walk out of today and not like how it transpired.

Let your top CB walk because it's not important in this scheme. So then you use your 1st round pick on one? Wow stupid

The stupid part is not taking a stud like Foster at 27. It's not stupid to take a much less expensive replacement for the next 4-5 years vs overpaying Gilmore. I have zero issue with that. I don't see white as a difference maker and could have had a good DB in the 2nd round. Hated seeing a rookie GM like Lynch promptly move up for Foster. That about says it all.

I felt similarly and you know I love foster on the field. Good chance Cunningham is there at 44 IMO it's right in the wheel house for him. I do think there s still some quality at the Will, I'm a big fan of Bowser playing there, has the coverage ability, plays faster than he tested and can rush the passer too, he's my 2nd round Reddick, a little more of a projection.

The stupid part is not taking a stud like Foster at 27. It's not stupid to take a much less expensive replacement for the next 4-5 years vs overpaying Gilmore. I have zero issue with that. I don't see white as a difference maker and could have had a good DB in the 2nd round. Hated seeing a rookie GM like Lynch promptly move up for Foster. That about says it all.

Yeah and Seattle gave him the pick. Yet SEA needs lbers. The things that make you go hmmmm when one of the better defenses in the league pass on a "stud" in a position of need.

Might be looking at that the wrong way. A division rival traded that pick to the rookie GM, and that pick has character concerns. I wouldn't anoint Lynch quite yet.

Two things to remember about Foster:

One is the shoulder. After Ragland and Lawson injury situations last year, it's hard to blame the Bills for shying away from a guy who may need surgery and may not be able to start the season.

The other is his alleged character concerns. There's the diluted urine sample as well as the reports that he is surrounded by some bad/unsavory people. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if his character concerns took him off the Bills' board.

Two things to remember about Foster:

One is the shoulder. After Ragland and Lawson injury situations last year, it's hard to blame the Bills for shying away from a guy who may need surgery and may not be able to start the season.

The other is his alleged character concerns. There's the diluted urine sample as well as the reports that he is surrounded by some bad/unsavory people. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if his character concerns took him off the Bills' board.

The diluted sample while bad really isnt to much of a concern to me but the dumbass excuse is more of the concern