McDermott: Teams Calling the Bills about the # 10 Pick

Leroi is stating that they're going to be moving down. Didn't say how far.

Leroi says a lot of things and once in a while, he's right.

As others have pointed out, it's all just speculation at this point. Even DW and McD don't know if they're trading down. It all depends on (1) who drops to them, and (2) what offers they get as the draft unfolds.

Until they can compare #1 to #2, they won't make a decision.

Given how deep this draft class is supposed to be, I'd love to see the Bills trade down if the offer is right.

Edited by hondo in seattle

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is for all 1st round picks. No idea where he came up with top 10 picks.

Yeah someone else corrected him thanks,

If they move back to 25 or so who do you think they will target? Got my fingers crossed for QB in DW or Maho is sitting there, doubt it but fingers and toes double crossed.

TRADE BACK! TRADE BACK! TRADE BACK!

The draft is a complete and total crapshoot. Pure luck. The best way to achieve success via the draft is to increase your odds by accumulating as many picks as you can.

The best thing the Bills can do tonight is to trade back at least once, maybe even twice. That's what I'm rooting for tonight.

I would LOVE to see our Bills move down in the first and garner an extra high 2nd or 3rd round pick

Sure, they might lose out on a Lattimore, Foster, and or Reddick

However they still have their picks of countless solid WR's, CB's, RT's, and OLB's

Plus they get to draft another potential starting player

jc

really I thought 5th year option was on the full 1st round not just top 10. Dam man thanks for the info, should get interesting tonight

it is the entire first round, but compensation for picks in the top 10 is different

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agents-take-a-team-by-team-guide-to-fifth-year-option-decisions/

"There's a difference in option-year salary depending where in the first round a player is drafted. The fifth-year salary for the top 10 picks is the transition tender (average of the 10 highest salaries) for a player's position in the fourth year of his contract. With players selected outside of the top 10 (picks 11-32), the fifth-year salary is the average of the third- through 25th-highest salaries at a player's position."

I'm cool with a move down, grab 2 picks and use it for a player and a QB, 2 for one like they did when drafting EJ. I would think Kizer will still be availible later in round 1, maybe get lucky and get Maho or DW. Cant wait till 2nd round for a QB though the top 4 will most likely be gone by the end of rd1

If anyone selects Kizer in the first round, they should be immediately taken outside and shot.

Teams are calling because they want to leap frog the Browns.

If Cleveland trades up to get Trubisky, no one is going to trade with us.

Teams are calling us because there's a chance Lattimore / Howard / Hooker are sitting there at 10 and know they are better prospects than the guys in the late teens / early 20s.

Teams are also calling because everyone is calling each other right now, I'm sure we are making plenty of calls on potentially moving up or down. You don't just call someone cold if the guy you really want is sitting at 7, teams are talking to each other all the time right now.

Teams are calling because they want to leap frog the Browns.

If Cleveland trades up to get Trubisky, no one is going to trade with us.

Not true. Saints could go QB, Arizona at 13 is a threat. If a team really likes Mahomes or any other QB, and he is there at 10, we are in a prime spot for a trade down. I would rather just take the potential franchise QB, however.

If anyone selects Kizer in the first round, they should be immediately taken outside and shot.

I see what your saying he shouldn't be taken so early but with teams QB needy QBs will go much earlier then projected. With the extra pick given with moving down I wouldn't mind them taking him earlier then projected. I truly think Kizer will go sometime in the second and Whaley always waits too long, just seeing him missing on Dak last season makes me just want him pulling early. If it's a early second round pick ok but if he misses again man that's just really tuff to swallow. I truly hope Maho is sitting late in round 1 for us.

Not true. Saints could go QB, Arizona at 13 is a threat. If a team really likes Mahomes or any other QB, and he is there at 10, we are in a prime spot for a trade down. I would rather just take the potential franchise QB, however.

QB needy teams is why a move down is scary to me I want one of the top 3 QBs and 10 should land us one of them.

I see what your saying he shouldn't be taken so early but with teams QB needy QBs will go much earlier then projected. With the extra pick given with moving down I wouldn't mind them taking him earlier then projected. I truly think Kizer will go sometime in the second and Whaley always waits too long, just seeing him missing on Dak last season makes me just want him pulling early. If it's a early second round pick ok but if he misses again man that's just really tuff to swallow. I truly hope Maho is sitting late in round 1 for us.

QB needy teams is why a move down is scary to me I want one of the top 3 QBs and 10 should land us one of them.

I'd like more picks because we have a lack of depth, and holes on the roster. You build through the draft.

Teams are calling us because there's a chance Lattimore / Howard / Hooker are sitting there at 10 and know they are better prospects than the guys in the late teens / early 20s.

Teams are also calling because everyone is calling each other right now, I'm sure we are making plenty of calls on potentially moving up or down. You don't just call someone cold if the guy you really want is sitting at 7, teams are talking to each other all the time right now.

When do teams ever trade up for safeties, corners or tight ends?

All 3 of those positions are absolutely loaded this year. Why give up picks for a position where you'll be able to get a great player at any of those positions in the 2nd round?

Edited by jrober38