McDermott: Teams Calling the Bills about the # 10 Pick

Um, I would expect that Kizer will be around until possibly the 3rd or 4th round. He's not even close to being ready to start. Essentially, he's this year's Cardale Jones.

I think that Kizer has much more experience and more likely to succeed than Cardale Jones. I would of be surprised if he snuck into late 1st, but would be very surprised if he lasts beyond 2nd

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, I would expect that Kizer will be around until possibly the 3rd or 4th round. He's not even close to being ready to start. Essentially, he's this year's Cardale Jones.

Except Kizer is a 2 year starter who didn't lose his starting job after starting a handful of games. Other than that they are exactly the same. :wallbash:

So you're ok with letting other teams take top talent while we're left with table scraps who will barely make the roster?

Yes, because if there is ANYTHING that has been said about this draft it is NOT that it is one of the deepest drafts in recent memory. The more you post the more certain I am that you don't actually watch football.

Actually I said it before Leroi

Someone REALLY wants credit for this speculation

Davis, Howard, or Trade Down.

Yes please

Yep. Who needs elite talent, when you can have a boatload of picks to spend on table scraps that might just barely make the roster?

I see you come from the school of "if I repeat the same phrase over and over my point will make more sense"

Except Kizer is a 2 year starter who didn't lose his starting job after starting a handful of games. Other than that they are exactly the same. :wallbash:

Yes, because if there is ANYTHING that has been said about this draft it is NOT that it is one of the deepest drafts in recent memory. The more you post the more certain I am that you don't actually watch football.

Someone REALLY wants credit for this speculation

Yes please

I see you come from the school of "if I repeat the same phrase over and over my point will make more sense"

When I compared Kizer to Jones, I was saying that, like Jones, Kizer is a long-term project who needs a lot of work. Even Brian Kelly himself has gone on the record saying that Kizer made a mistake when he declared for this Draft.

Except that's not what he said. He said he is not a finished product, he did not say he is a project QB, which is what Cardale is. Kizer could start after a year on the bench, Cardale doesn't even have fundamental skills down. Completely different quarterbacks

@RapSheetthat's to far back for my liking that move would have to land us pick 31, 2rd, 4th, 1st Rd 2018

One team plotting a potential move up: The #Falcons, who pick No. 31. One team plotting a potential move down: The #Bills, who pick No. 10.

The Bills would get quite a haul for moving down that far.

Except that's not what he said. He said he is not a finished product, he did not say he is a project QB, which is what Cardale is. Kizer could start after a year on the bench, Cardale doesn't even have fundamental skills down. Completely different quarterbacks

I agree 100%.

I also think Kizer could start year 2 or even the end of 2017, CJ isn't close to even being a backup in this league in my opinion.

Edited by xRUSHx

So you're ok with letting other teams take top talent while we're left with table scraps who will barely make the roster?

Yes, b/c mid-late first rounders "are table scraps who barely make [NFL] rosters"... :wallbash:

Move down and get more picks. It's a deep draft in areas where we have need like DB.

Amen - I REALLY HOPE this is all true.

Super deep at DB - less so at WR though - it would be nice to move down AND get one of the top 3 WRs.

Edited by BobChalmers

you need great players to win championships

Newsflash: Great players are often found outside of the first 10 picks of the draft. I'm not sure NE has anyone on their roster who was selected in the top 10. Edited by mannc