Angry Salvatore says NFL schedule displaces Bills-Fish bash

mileena

"I don’t think you would find anybody leaving home for the holidays because of a football game."

I think he's very, very mistaken about this. As soon as the schedule was released last night, there's been a lot of buzz from friends about getting tickets for this game and booking flights. It surprised me because these are people that would never typically travel to see the Bills. The game is just the sideshow to the real event -- partying in downtown Miami on NYE.

Edited by QCity

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"I dont think you would find anybody leaving home for the holidays because of a football game."

I think he's very, very mistaken about this. As soon as the schedule was released last night, there's been a lot of buzz from friends about getting tickets for this game and booking flights. It surprised me because these are people that would never typically travel to see the Bills. The game is just the sideshow to the real event -- partying in downtown Miami on NYE.

Yep, you can go to Liv for NYE. $300 is the minimum cover and it goes to $20K. Partying in Miami is fun at night and sucks the next morning when you check your bank account. It's like Vegas but without the opportunity to get comped or win your money back.

after Jimmy Johnson left it was finally over and was dying when Jim and Marino retired. We really don't have a big rival anymore since we are mediocre but most people hate the Patriots now.

What we need now for a rivalry is to regionalize the divisions and we can be the Rust Belt Division.

1. Buffalo

2. Pittsburgh

3. Cleveland

4. Detroit

I agree. Although Cleveland and Pittsburgh would probably like to have the Bungles in there. And Cleveland probably still hates Baltimore and Art Modell.

Edited by mileena

I went once to his party in Lauderdale during the Super Bowl years and it was a blast. It was a totally comped and one hell of a Sunday afternoon in December before an epic Kelly Monday night comeback! Good times!

[see article in link below.]

Although I can sympathize, I don't think the Bills did this to screw him over. At the same time, the guy is a big donor to the Bills. And as far as him complaining the Bills have three home games in December, that actually might be advantageous for us, especially vs. the Colts and Dolphins. And, nice alliteration in the BN title below!

http://buffalonews.com/2017/04/21/seething-salvatore-says-nfl-schedule-displaces-annual-bills-miami-bash/

He is right about playing Miami and New England 4 times in 5 weeks - of course they could have made it 4 times in 4 weeks,

after Jimmy Johnson left it was finally over and was dying when Jim and Marino retired. We really don't have a big rival anymore since we are mediocre but most people hate the Patriots now.

What we need now for a rivalry is to regionalize the divisions and we can be the Rust Belt Division.

1. Buffalo

2. Pittsburgh

3. Cleveland

4. Detroit

I would be down with this.

he is old, but he's a longtime STH and very generous man. I don't think he deserves the NFL to schedule around his party, but I do think he deserves some kind of acknowledgement from the organization, which they are doing. Sometimes a phone call is all it takes.

They schedule around other events.

1. Buffalo

2. Pittsburgh

3. Cleveland

4. Detroit

At least this grouping would eliminate the annual week 4 preseason game against Lions.

Not to derail the topic but I've been to the party a few times and I don't remember the bar being open. (FWIW, I don't remember most of those trips). I know that you pay to go in (or for something at the door). Maybe I just didn't realize but I could swear I paid for my drinks.

I went to a couple of the Salvatore parties around 2003-2005. This is when they were at Shooters, and they were AWESOME! There had to be at least 1000 Bills fans there, if not more. It was a fun and crazy good time. Open bar, and I believe at the first one, there was even free food, but I may be mistaken on that.

Had an opportunity to go two years ago when the party was at an establishment called the Blue Martini at the Lauderdale Galleria Mall. While the beverages were free, it was much more upscale and laid back. Not to turn my back on "free", but I wouldn't go again if the opportunity presented itself.

Edited by LabattBlue

I went to a couple of the Salvatore parties around 2003-2005. This is when they were at Shooters, and they were AWESOME! There had to be at least 1000 Bills fans there, if not more. It was a fun and crazy good time. Open bar, and I believe at the first one, there was even free food, but I may be mistaken on that.

Had an opportunity to go two years ago when the party was at an establishment called the Blue Martini at the Lauderdale Galleria Mall. While the beverages were free, it was much more upscale and laid back. Not to turn my back on "free", but I wouldn't go again if the opportunity presented itself.

"too upscale and laid back" -- I like your style!

He can have his NYE chooch-fest at that schlocky temple to bad taste right off the Thruway. The same crowd would show up to kiss his onyx pinky ring and drink his free booze.

Ha! Exactly! Bit of an ego Russ? Waa Waa Waa. I can't fly to Miami on NYE. Poor baby. Maybe you can oversee the kitchen and help the food from tasting so bland.

What a strange "news" story. Why should we care about some millionaire who thinks the NFL should schedule around his personal vacations? Not to mention it is horribly written. It took me forever to figure out who the hell this guy even is.

Not know much about Bills if you do not know he is since he prevented many, many blackouts.

Who cares, how many people care about the Bills by December anyways?

And this years schedule just ensures the last few weeks of the schedule will be played in front of an empty home crowd since no one comes out to Bills home games in December.

...now THAT is a painful reminder..........