Angry Salvatore says NFL schedule displaces Bills-Fish bash

mileena

[see article in link below.]

Although I can sympathize, I don't think the Bills did this to screw him over. At the same time, the guy is a big donor to the Bills. And as far as him complaining the Bills have three home games in December, that actually might be advantageous for us, especially vs. the Colts and Dolphins. And, nice alliteration in the BN title below!

http://buffalonews.com/2017/04/21/seething-salvatore-says-nfl-schedule-displaces-annual-bills-miami-bash/

Edited by mileena

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to derail the topic but I've been to the party a few times and I don't remember the bar being open. (FWIW, I don't remember most of those trips). I know that you pay to go in (or for something at the door). Maybe I just didn't realize but I could swear I paid for my drinks.

Boyko being a Buffalo native probably "gets it" - Russ S. just wants to talk. He deserves the time from OBD though I'm sure they had nothing to do with this and with all the factors that go into planning a schedule that works for 32 teams im guessing his party isn't one of them. But he should get a phone call for all he's done and as a STH since 1968. He should be made to feel important. Well done Boyko.

Boyko being a Buffalo native probably "gets it" - Russ S. just wants to talk. He deserves the time from OBD though I'm sure they had nothing to do with this and with all the factors that go into planning a schedule that works for 32 teams im guessing his party isn't one of them. But he should get a phone call for all he's done and as a STH since 1968. He should be made to feel important. Well done Boyko.

Exactly.

couldn't he host the party and fly back in the morning? with his money couldn't he charter a jet or pegulas jet?

Russell said he could take off work, but his complaint is no one from Buffalo is going to fly to the the Fish game during the holidays, so why bother doing the party?

Edited by mileena

how old is he now? too old for this kind of whine and cheese

i think the news is inflating things again. hes been around long enough to not let a random calendar fluke melt him down. i hope

he is old, but he's a longtime STH and very generous man. I don't think he deserves the NFL to schedule around his party, but I do think he deserves some kind of acknowledgement from the organization, which they are doing. Sometimes a phone call is all it takes.

Russell hosts the party in Florida actually, in Fort Lauderdale. His complaint is no one from Buffalo is going to fly to the the Fish game during the holidays, so why bother doing the party?

I think he may be surprised. This isn't thanksgiving/Xmas.

A lot of people travel to a city like this for NYE. Concerts, college football, etc... draw big special event crowds as do football games (people often even have days off work to make the trek)

how old is he now? too old for this kind of whine and cheese

i think the news is inflating things again. hes been around long enough to not let a random calendar fluke melt him down. i hope

True. I think is upset though because he is 84, and said he probably won't have too many more chances to host this party.

I think he may be surprised. This isn't thanksgiving/Xmas.

A lot of people travel to a city like this for NYE. Concerts, college football, etc... draw big special event crowds as do football games (people often even have days off work to make the trek)

That's where I am at. This game is on my radar because of NYE now. If it matters I will make the trip.

Our biggest rival is Miami.

after Jimmy Johnson left it was finally over and was dying when Jim and Marino retired. We really don't have a big rival anymore since we are mediocre but most people hate the Patriots now.

What we need now for a rivalry is to regionalize the divisions and we can be the Rust Belt Division.

1. Buffalo

2. Pittsburgh

3. Cleveland

4. Detroit

That's where I am at. This game is on my radar because of NYE now. If it matters I will make the trip.

Especially December in a warm climate.

I think there will be a good chunk of folks eye balling it with a decent first half of the season. A slow start is a bigger risk than the holiday, realistically