Aaron Hernandez commits suicide

zevo

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been an interesting thread to read ... I do believe in due process ... but I'm surprised how some on this thread believe that he had a shot at appeal. Does anyone think he didn't kill Lloyd?? Someone else posted ... if someone has a life sentence to give them the option to suicide ... that's an interesting take ... I'm not a fan of tax dollars supporting these offenders in perpetuity .. if they want to "escape" their reality.

That's an interesting thought. The acquittal, however, wasn't necessary, right? He still hadn't been convicted (and certainly would have had appeal options). I suppose we will never know, but the timing is curious. When it comes to mental health, there's always more questions than answers.

He was convicted and was appealing his conviction. His death does not acquit him, it brings him back to the beginning of the process as "charged with first degree murder".

Behind all his talk and guns he was nothing but a coward. Like most of those people truly are deep down.

I think labeling one who commits suicide as a "coward" is incredibly lazy and ill-informed.

He was convicted and was appealing his conviction. His death does not acquit him, it brings him back to the beginning of the process as "charged with first degree murder".

I know that is a rule in New England so I'm sure you're a supporter, but it's a dumb rule.

I know that is a rule in New England so I'm sure you're a supporter, but it's a dumb rule.

Actually, abatement ab initio is present in jurisdictions throughout the country, not just in the state of "New England".

You "knew" that too, right?

This has been an interesting thread to read ... I do believe in due process ... but I'm surprised how some on this thread believe that he had a shot at appeal. Does anyone think he didn't kill Lloyd?? Someone else posted ... if someone has a life sentence to give them the option to suicide ... that's an interesting take ... I'm not a fan of tax dollars supporting these offenders in perpetuity .. if they want to "escape" their reality.

It makes all the sense in the world to let them take their own life once sentenced to life in prison. It should be their choice. It serves nobody to keep them behind bars and make them suffer. Many/Most of them are broken humans beyond repair. Does it really please the public and/or their victims to keep making the other person suffer? If it does, something is wrong. Let the prisoner do the world a favor if he chooses to. It is a win/win for everyone.

Actually, abatement ab initio is present in jurisdictions throughout the country, not just in the state of "New England".

Whatever dude I know your a Pats fans but this is ridiculous. The mental gymnastics you've made in an effort to see him as "innocent until proven guilty" goes beyond rooting for a football team. He did it. He may have put up some lame appeal and killed himself at a purposely or coincidentally convenient time, but he still killed the dude. And for the record, I don't see him being a Patriot as any more or less reason for him being guilty. I wonder if he were a Chief or a Bill or a Bengal if you'd being jumping through these same hoops calling him "basically not guilty". Eff him.

Edited by 4merper4mer

I think that was referring to the double murder charge, of which he was acquitted. Death affects the conviction and appeals for offense for which he was serving time. Misunderstanding, but NM.

I think that was referring to the double murder charge, of which he was acquitted. Death affects the conviction and appeals for offense for which he was serving time. Misunderstanding, but NM.

Yup

Whatever dude I know your a Pats fans but this is ridiculous. The mental gymnastics you've made in an effort to see him as "innocent until proven guilty" goes beyond rooting for a football team. He did it. He may have put up some lame appeal and killed himself at a purposely or coincidentally convenient time, but he still killed the dude. And for the record, I don't see him being a Patriot as any more or less reason for him being guilty. I wonder if he were a Chief or a Bill or a Bengal if you'd being jumping through these same hoops calling him "basically not guilty". Eff him.

I didn't say any of that. Just stating the law as it is. He killed the guy. Pretty simple.

Your "metal gymnastics" are the equivalent of falling on the floor from a seated position....

You "know" that your beloved Massachusetts home of your beloved Pats* is a Commonwealth not a state, right?