Pats sign Gillislee to offer sheet

So let me see if I have this right...many fans think Gillislee is easy to replace, but then explain to me your faith in Whaley, when one of his RB signings last year(Reggie Bush) couldn't do anything last year behind a very good OL?

Is this the same guy who is going to use his keen eye for talent and find another Gillislee?

Edited by LabattBlue

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys need to get over this Patriots god complex. No, Bill Belichick doesn't sit around devising creative ways to make you suffer. They have had the best QB in the history of the NFL for the last 15 years. Not coincidentally, they've been the best team in the NFL for the last 15 years.

This too shall pass, and they'll most likely be back to garbage tier with the rest of us don't-have-a-all-time-great-QB teams.

The only truth to this is that the Patriots have Brady and that makes the rest of their moves easier.

You're delusional if you don't think that Belichick, who's been poaching players in the division for years, doesn't realize the importance in financially hamstringing the teams that he plays most frequently. This is a win-win for them and only because we're in his division. He couldn't care less if we fall for the ploy and sign TD Mike for this outrageous salary. If anything, The Patriots are making us pay for the salary we give to McCoy, a fancy, shiny piece to a puzzle that we shouldn't have at this point. Whaley has scouted well, but I've lost all hope that he's capable of building a championship roster.

So let me see if I have this right...many fans think Gillislee is easy to replace, but then explain to me your faith in Whaley, when one of his RB signings last year(Reggie Bush) couldn't do anything last year behind a very good OL?

Is this the same guy who is going to use his keen eye for talent and find another Gillislee?

Wasn't Bush 4th on the RB depth chart when he was signed? If I remember correctly he was brought in to provide a bump in the return game. Whaley has done just fine when it comes to RB talent.

"The Bills would be on the hook for $4 million this year for a backup running back, who by the end of the contract he just signed will be 28 years old. If they decline, they get a fifth-round pick, an extra $1 million in cap space, and they can use the pick on a 21-to-23-year-old running back with a longer shelf life, longer contract, and for less money."

Seems like a no-brained to me.

Also, the Pats have two 5th round picks...which one do we get?

"The Bills would be on the hook for $4 million this year for a backup running back, who by the end of the contract he just signed will be 28 years old. If they decline, they get a fifth-round pick, an extra $1 million in cap space, and they can use the pick on a 21-to-23-year-old running back with a longer shelf life, longer contract, and for less money."

Seems like a no-brained to me.

Also, the Pats have two 5th round picks...which one do we get?

i assume one was acquired from another team so we get their original 5th