For the NON QB in the 1-3 picks fans

Virgil

I'm a TT guy and believe we have more pressing needs with our first three picks. In no particular order, OT, S, WR, DB are more pressing needs.

We don't have a 4th round pick, so it'll be 5th or worse if we don't make trades. However, I'm all about making trades and picking up extra picks.

To me, I think the QB's are all hit or miss in this draft and we could see a lot of guys fall to the 3rd or 4th round.

With that being said, who would you like to see us grab in the 4th (with a trade) or 5th round?

I think there's a chance that Webb falls to the late 3rd, but I don't see us drafting a guy we didn't interview.

Overall, I see Peterman out of Pitt in the 5th round to us.

One of the biggest playmakers that will come out of the 2017 NFL Draft will be O J Howard in my humble opinion OP.

I agree but I think the OP is looking for a QB conversation so I gonna say Chad Kelly with one of the 5th rounders.

I'm a TT guy and believe we have more pressing needs with our first three picks. In no particular order, OT, S, WR, DB are more pressing needs.

We don't have a 4th round pick, so it'll be 5th or worse if we don't make trades. However, I'm all about making trades and picking up extra picks.

To me, I think the QB's are all hit or miss in this draft and we could see a lot of guys fall to the 3rd or 4th round.

With that being said, who would you like to see us grab in the 4th (with a trade) or 5th round?

I think there's a chance that Webb falls to the late 3rd, but I don't see us drafting a guy we didn't interview.

I think Peterman goes before the 5th

If we don't take a QB within the first 3 (and that's a BIG if) then I could see us taking a late flyer on Chad.

I'm really hoping for Williams, Adams or a QB at 10 though.

Go Bills!!!!!

I'm not a Dobbs fan but do like Webb but don't think Webb will last beyond the first 2 rounds.

I like Peterman as an option but think we have to take him in Round 3 as don't think he be available after that to us.

I just don't see us drafting a QB we haven't set up a visit with. Hence, Peterman.

As for Kelly going undrafted. I can see a 6th-undrafted. Couldn't do the combine. Only met with 3 teams. Off-field issues. At this points, he's a flyer pick.

I can see the 6th only because he's a qb

Another vote for Dobbs

I don't get the Peterman love, especially relative to Dobbs. Webb lost his job to Mahomes due to injury and wasn't going to get it back, but Dobbs just straight up beat out Peterman.

In college athletic QBs can be more dangerous and Dobbs is a superior athlete to Peterman. Yet Peterman played in a pro style offense at Pitt and has shown skills/intangibles that make him a good QB in the NFL. Specifically he can read a defense if his first option not open and has the ability to throw a WR open ie has the anticipation to throw the ball to a spot that the WR should be at when completes his route. While he doesn't have superior arm strength some have compared his skill set (minus the arm) to an Aaron Rodgers.

Edited by The Jokeman

This guy is the definition of all the right physical tools but just a flat out poor football player. As a Hurricane fan, I can say with certainty that Kaaya will never be a successful NFL QB. He was terrible during big games all throughout his career mostly because he can't do anything under any sort of pressure. If he has all day and open lanes, he is great and has a rocket arm, but any sense of pressure and he panics, makes terrible reads, throws terrible passes. It was a repeating trait in all the games I watched (probably 5-7 Canes games each year and all the big ones).

This guy is the definition of all the right physical tools but just a flat out poor football player. As a Hurricane fan, I can say with certainty that Kaaya will never be a successful NFL QB. He was terrible during big games all throughout his career mostly because he can't do anything under any sort of pressure. If he has all day and open lanes, he is great and has a rocket arm, but any sense of pressure and he panics, makes terrible reads, throws terrible passes. It was a repeating trait in all the games I watched (probably 5-7 Canes games each year and all the big ones).

Soooooo, EJ?

Hmmm...I got a different sense of his poise under pressure from watching a few games. Matt Waldman talks about it in this film breakdown:

He had a great TE helping him sometimes, but he also flashed the ability to place the ball where only his receivers can get it, making them look good on many occasions.

In the games I've watched, he may sense pressure too early sometimes, but he seems to make good decisions (i.e. throwing the ball away instead of taking a stupid sack) and he doesn't shy away from climbing the pocket, even when it's tight. What's your assessment of Miami's O-line?

I'll take your word for it; maybe he showed more "skittishness" in other games I haven't seen.

Miami was the most successful its been in a while with him at the helm, though, no? Plus, I think its a good sign that he improved every year, despite having 3 different coordinators.

The fundamentals seem second nature to him, which is good for a mid-round prospect. He's definitely not a finished product, but if we're talking about a post-round 3 pick, he's the man I'm taking.

I agree but I think the OP is looking for a QB conversation so I gonna say Chad Kelly with one of the 5th rounders.

I think Peterman goes before the 5th

True. If we are interested in Peterman we may have to trade our 5th's away to move up and take him in the 4th.

Dobbs doesn't do it for me, seems a clumsier and taller version of Tyrod with a slower release.

I'm of the belief you take the best QB you can find unless you want a project QB. But we already have our project QB in Cardale. Either you go for the gusto in Round 1 (maybe with a trade down) or forget about QB this year. Does Peterman or Dobbs or heck, even Kelly, offer that much more potential than Jones? I don't think so. I'm not a fan of getting another project QB unless it's as a free agent.

I'm of the belief you take the best QB you can find unless you want a project QB. But we already have our project QB in Cardale. Either you go for the gusto in Round 1 (maybe with a trade down) or forget about QB this year. Does Peterman or Dobbs or heck, even Kelly, offer that much more potential than Jones? I don't think so. I'm not a fan of getting another project QB unless it's as a free agent.

The point of drafting a Dobbs is you are looking for someone that can start as a decent, cheap backup with some potential to be more. Cardale was a lottery ticket that might not even make the team this year. Only the Bills know if he has made any progress.

The point of drafting a Dobbs is you are looking for someone that can start as a decent, cheap backup with some potential to be more. Cardale was a lottery ticket that might not even make the team this year. Only the Bills know if he has made any progress.

There were enough positive comments coming out of the Bills organization that Cardale was doing well with the scout team toward the end of last year. I think Cardale is less of a flyer than Dobbs and you really can't have multiple project QBs stashed away on your team. 1 starter, 1 backup, 1 project QB and possible training camp fodder to compete with the project QB. Maybe you think these guys are less of a flyer than Cardale. I don't.

Also from an earlier post wanting the Miami QB, the only 2 games I saw Kaaya play, he was clearly the worst player on the field - not just bad as a QB. I remember watching and thinking, "he has no feel for the pocket, looks rattled under pressure and has a scattershot arm" - I'm shocked that people think he'll even be a backup in the NFL.

There were enough positive comments coming out of the Bills organization that Cardale was doing well with the scout team toward the end of last year. I think Cardale is less of a flyer than Dobbs and you really can't have multiple project QBs stashed away on your team. 1 starter, 1 backup, 1 project QB and possible training camp fodder to compete with the project QB. Maybe you think these guys are less of a flyer than Cardale. I don't.

Also from an earlier post wanting the Miami QB, the only 2 games I saw Kaaya play, he was clearly the worst player on the field - not just bad as a QB. I remember watching and thinking, "he has no feel for the pocket, looks rattled under pressure and has a scattershot arm" - I'm shocked that people think he'll even be a backup in the NFL.

Tyrod's pay goes to 18 million next year. I don't expect him to be here. That leaves Cardale and Yates? No, none of these guys stop me from drafting a Mahomes and a Dobbs.

Dobbs is way less risky than Cardale. His ceiling might not be as high but his floor is much higher. I could see Dobbs being a #2 this year on a team. We shall see what Cardale has. When he played against the Jets he looked nowhere near ready for anything.

Edited by jeffismagic

Kaaya seems to have it upstairs too. Game film and ability are great. But just watching this kid interact and listening to him makes me think he has more potential then most.

If you ask me he seems brighter and has more leadership qualities than Kizer and Trubisky. Watson has those leadership traits when it come to personality. But we are talking potential 4th round here so I take Kaaya.

Kaaya seems to have it upstairs too. Game film and ability are great. But just watching this kid interact and listening to him makes me think he has more potential then most.

If you ask me he seems brighter and has more leadership qualities than Kizer and Trubisky. Watson has those leadership traits when it come to personality. But we are talking potential 4th round here so I take Kaaya.

Kaaya seems fundamentally flawed with his inability to deal with pressure. If he gets flustered in the college game, how's he going he going to handle adversity in the NFL?

See Walter Football analysis below:

"There are two crippling issues that Kaaya fails to overcome. The first is whenever he starts feeling the pass rush, he drops his eyes and watches the defensive linemen swarm around him. On top of that, he is a statue in the pocket and rarely do you see him move to avoid rushers. There are lots of plays on which Kaaya looked like a deer in headlights who was just waiting to be tackled. Effective NFL quarterbacks keep their eyes downfield, glide in the pocket to avoid rushers, and deliver accurate passes in the face of a rush. It was a very rare sight to see Kaaya do that. Kaaya's struggles to pass the ball while under pressure are a huge problem that could lead to him not panning out in the NFL."

Tyrod's pay goes to 18 million next year. I don't expect him to be here. That leaves Cardale and Yates? No, none of these guys stop me from drafting a Mahomes and a Dobbs.

Dobbs is way less risky than Cardale. His ceiling might not be as high but his floor is much higher. I could see Dobbs being a #2 this year on a team. We shall see what Cardale has. When he played against the Jets he looked nowhere near ready for anything.

Good points. We have a difference of opinion on Dobbs. But if we don't pick Trubisky or Mahomes (not necessarily sold on either), I'm not counting on a miracle from the sky flyer in the later rounds.

Edited by Lothar

Good points. We have a difference of opinion on Dobbs. But if we don't pick Trubisky or Mahomes (not necessarily sold on either), I'm not counting on a miracle from the sky flyer in the later rounds.

I wish I was where you are. I wish I believed that all of the QB's were terrible and that all we need to do is fill out the roster and pick linebackers and corners for McD's scheme. But I like Trubisky and love Mahomes. Bills will look foolish once again if we pass on them.

I wish I was where you are. I wish I believed that all of the QB's were terrible and that all we need to do is fill out the roster and pick linebackers and corners for McD's scheme. But I like Trubisky and love Mahomes. Bills will look foolish once again if we pass on them.

In your opinion, not a fact and not dumb to some who believe this QB class is filled with question marks. JMO

Besides the top guys, none of these guys really interest me. Peterman is a backup type at best and Dobbs will struggle to even make a team.

& we have Jones as a developmental qb.

Go big or go home.

Too much uncertainty for me with any of the top guys. Like you said Cardale is there and it is never a bad idea to add another late round option like Peterman.