Is it okay to have a second team to root for?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent as much of my life in Charlotte as I have in Buffalo. I root for the Panthers when they aren't playing the Bills. I have convinced myself it is acceptable because they are an NFC team.

I used to until delhomme. Than I saw how they run that franchise and can't stand them

I don't have a second favorite team, per se. By around mid-season, I decide who I'd like to see in the Super Bowl (since Buffalo is always out of it by then) and I root for those teams (unless they play the Bills).

I do have teams I root for, but I don't really get terribly happy if they win or sad if they lose. It's simply dull to have no rooting interest once the playoffs begin. When I was a kid, the Bills were also bad and I liked the Vikings because of Fran Tarkenton and purple and Vikings. Then my family moved to Atlanta and I picked up the Falcons. 0 - 10 for Super bowls; maybe it's me :cry:

I like GB but as much as I like them it is never the same feel for the game as it is for the Bills.

I don´t get to high on them even if they make it to the SB and I don´t get upset if they lose any game. But what I like the most is thay I can enjoy they game itself as I am not nervous, anxious, angry, etc... during gametime.

It was a fun team back in the early 2000's with Davis & Foster, Smith & Muhammad on O and Jenkins, Peppers, Morgan, & Minter on D

Game in Carolina this year should be fun as always. We have a huge following down here in Charlotte and ALWAYS show up to BofA stadium.

If your first team is the Bills and your second team is the Browns, you are doing it wrong.

TRADITION!!!

As Bobby Baccalieri told the youngster, "this is a Giants household"

except I got the Bills and Browns