Corey Davis WR

wppete

He wasn't at the combine and didn't have a pro day with an injury. He had Ankle surgery and will be ready for camp. Been reading a comp is Terrell Owens. Good Size, good speed and smooth route running. Do you guys think this our our pick at #10????? Better option than Mike Williams, Clemson?

Corey Davis WR / Western Michigan Broncos

HEIGHT: 6-3 WEIGHT: 213 40-YARD DASH: 4.48

Seems like he has potential to be a great player, I don't see us taking WR that high just my opinion. I wouldn't hate it if he were the pick but to me this is a great chance to possibly snag our QB or improve the defense tremendously.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like Davis and I really like Williams.

But there is not one example of a successful franchise that has ever invested 2 top 10 picks on WRs 5 years apart. It gets crazier when you realize that we traded another 1st for Sammy & spent a 2nd on Woods.

I've been a big Whaley supporter but if he spends another top pick on a wr, it will be hard to defend him. Awful roster building spending that much on a dependent position.

I'm curious- has any team hit on two premium guys that close? I know a handful of whiffs but if we added a Julio and green type of pairing (just picking two successful ones) would you think it a bad course to take?

I'm curious- has any team hit on two premium guys that close? I know a handful of whiffs but if we added a Julio and green type of pairing (just picking two successful ones) would you think it a bad course to take?

The Falcons traded up while having Roddy White in his prime. He was a 1st team All-Pro coming off of 115 catches, 1389 yards and 10 TDs when they traded up for Julio.

Worked ok with Moulds and Price,

The Falcons traded up while having Roddy White in his prime. He was a 1st team All-Pro coming off of 115 catches, 1389 yards and 10 TDs when they traded up for Julio.

Thanks Kirby!! I'm all for Corey if there at 10. Just like the belief u can find a good WR in the later rounds, that can go for any position in the league. Davis, IMO, is a talent u don't pass on.

I really like Davis and I really like Williams.

But there is not one example of a successful franchise that has ever invested 2 top 10 picks on WRs 5 years apart. It gets crazier when you realize that we traded another 1st for Sammy & spent a 2nd on Woods.

I've been a big Whaley supporter but if he spends another top pick on a wr, it will be hard to defend him. Awful roster building spending that much on a dependent position.

Michael Irvin: drafted #10 overall by Dallas in 1988

Alvin Harper: drafted #12 overall by Dallas in 1991 (the exact same distance in years as 2014 and 2017)

Edited by dave mcbride

Alvin Harper: drafted #12 overall by Dallas in 1991 (the exact same distance in years as 2014 and 2017)

That was nearly 30 years ago, but the big difference here is Irvin spent 3 years doing nothing. Watkins is already an elite WR. Fans just worried about the foot.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

Excellent pull and kudos to you for that. I'd just counter with a few points.

1) as someone else said, it was 30 years ago. Not exactly a trend.

2) Irvin went 11 and Harper went 12. That is much less of an investment than A wr at 10 and Watkins at 4 and another 1st rounder.

3) the Cowboys hit rock bottom with Irvin and got their franchise qb at #1 overall when they drafted Harper.

4) the Cowboys were flush with draft picks from the awful Herschel Walker trade. We are not and already paid a premium for a wr.

5) given the offenses in college, the transition from college to the pros seems easier than ever. Gone are the days of Eric Moulds doing nothing for 2 years. A very physically average guy like Jarvis Landry and come play with a very average qb and be productive right away. Why spend a high 1st round pick on that?

Again, I just think it's such a dependent position that you can't invest 3 high 1st round picks on in 5 years. I poised the question before but would you bet big money on Corey Davis/ Mike Williams having a better career in the Bills or a guy like Josh Reynolds, a 4th rounder or so from Texas A & M, if he got drafted by the Saints or Packers?

At 10, I want a player who can make an impact no matter what. Receivers can't always do that and it's not their fault. But that was a definite good piece of history I did not know.

And for the record, I played wr in high school and college and love the position. I just know that when our oline was crap and the qb couldn't get us the ball, we were pretty pointless.

But White was #27 and they had Matt Ryan. If we had a franchise qb, I won't love it, but I'd understand it more.

Again if the Bills draft a wr, they would have spent a 4 overall, 10 overall, 1st round pick, & 2nd round pick on a receiver in 4 years! That's kinda crazy. And the reason those WRs haven't reached their full potential is because of the Qbs we had more than their talent.

Excellent pull and kudos to you for that. I'd just counter with a few points.

1) as someone else said, it was 30 years ago. Not exactly a trend.

2) Irvin went 11 and Harper went 12. That is much less of an investment than A wr at 10 and Watkins at 4 and another 1st rounder.

3) the Cowboys hit rock bottom with Irvin and got their franchise qb at #1 overall when they drafted Harper.

4) the Cowboys were flush with draft picks from the awful Herschel Walker trade. We are not and already paid a premium for a wr.

5) given the offenses in college, the transition from college to the pros seems easier than ever. Gone are the days of Eric Moulds doing nothing for 2 years. A very physically average guy like Jarvis Landry and come play with a very average qb and be productive right away. Why spend a high 1st round pick on that?

Again, I just think it's such a dependent position that you can't invest 3 high 1st round picks on in 5 years. I poised the question before but would you bet big money on Corey Davis/ Mike Williams having a better career in the Bills or a guy like Josh Reynolds, a 4th rounder or so from Texas A & M, if he got drafted by the Saints or Packers?

At 10, I want a player who can make an impact no matter what. Receivers can't always do that and it's not their fault. But that was a definite good piece of history I did not know.

And for the record, I played wr in high school and college and love the position. I just know that when our oline was crap and the qb couldn't get us the ball, we were pretty pointless.

But White was #27 and they had Matt Ryan. If we had a franchise qb, I won't love it, but I'd understand it more.

Again if the Bills draft a wr, they would have spent a 4 overall, 10 overall, 1st round pick, & 2nd round pick on a receiver in 4 years! That's kinda crazy. And the reason those WRs haven't reached their full potential is because of the Qbs we had more than their talent.

I don't disagree with anything you say here, really, but I have two caveats: I think Taylor is a lot better and has a lot more potential than I think you do, and if a WR really is that good (and this I have no idea about), you take him. The Bills running game is ready to roll, and another elite WR could put this offense over the top (Clay played REALLY well late last season too). But if a CB or safety is also available and as good as the WR, I don't know how you can avoid taking the CB given the state of the defense. Jamal Adams won't be there, but if by some chance he was, how do you not take him?

I don't disagree with anything you say here, really, but I have two caveats: I think Taylor is a lot better and has a lot more potential than I think you do, and if a WR really is that good (and this I have no idea about), you take him. The Bills running game is ready to roll, and another elite WR could put this offense over the top (Clay played REALLY well late last season too). But if a CB or safety is also available and as good as the WR, I don't know how you can avoid taking the CB given the state of the defense. Jamal Adams won't be there, but if by some chance he was, how do you not take him?

Yeah, I guess we just disagree on Taylor. I really do like some things he does (deep ball, legs, taking care of the ball). But watch the 22s on him. There are wide open receivers constantly being missed. Clay was open a lot and just got missed. Sammy was getting frustrated before the last 2 games. We are hoping that a 57% passer in college will do better than that in NFL. I just don't see but I'd love to be wrong.

Agreed. They think Adams will be long gone but if he falls, you pounce. They also need a linebacker but Foster's learning disability freaks me out.

Yeah, I guess we just disagree on Taylor. I really do like some things he does (deep ball, legs, taking care of the ball). But watch the 22s on him. There are wide open receivers constantly being missed. Clay was open a lot and just got missed. Sammy was getting frustrated before the last 2 games. We are hoping that a 57% passer in college will do better than that in NFL. I just don't see but I'd love to be wrong.

He's a 62% passer in the NFL

I think OJ Howard is the ultimate compromise amongst Bills fans. He instantly becomes the #2 target that many of us think we need. Howard would be good value at 10. He is a great blocker in the running game. Even those that don't like TT understand the importance of the run game to the Bills. He and Clay would creat match-up problems.

I think OJ Howard is the ultimate compromise amongst Bills fans. He instantly becomes the #2 target that many of us think we need. Howard would be good value at 10. He is a great blocker in the running game. Even those that don't like TT understand the importance of the run game to the Bills. He and Clay would creat match-up problems.

Doesn't his lack of production freak you out Kirby? He was in a sophisticated offense and did nothing.

Doesn't his lack of production freak you out Kirby? He was in a sophisticated offense and did nothing.

It doesn't because he really just didn't see the ball. I watch quite a bit of Alabama and never felt like he was being taken out of games. They just didn't use him. In the big moments, when they needed him, he excelled.

To be clear, he isn't my top choice. I was just saying that he checks a lot of boxes. Howard is a guy that I feel very few Bills fans would be irate if selected. I kind of feel the same way about the top 3 DBs (except for Bill from NYC). Most people will say those guys fill a need and the value matched.

that was an offense run by a true freshman running QB who was/is not a good passer. They may have wanted it to be sophisticated, but it was not. Lane frequently had the look on his face like "oh that's right we have OJ Howard. Lemme call a play for him" ... and then he went back into witness protection.

Look at Michael Thomas last year as a rookie vs he was used at Ohio State. It's difficult to project a WR or TE in the NFL based on college production. NFL traits and "did he make the play when we needed him to make the play" are more important. He checks those boxes just like Michael Thomas did.

Edited by YoloinOhio