Corey Davis WR

wppete

I was more of a Davis fan, until recently when I've turned towards Williams. I think Williams would have a much bigger impact as a possesion receiver and in the red zone. I like Davis a lot, but he is very similar to Watkins in terms of style, whereas Williams offers something we are lacking, and I think on 3rd down and red zone situations would be a huge help. Davis is arguably a better receiver, but Williams is a better fit for the Bills in my view

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Atlanta has a franchise qb and had a couple bad years before this year. And they drafted ONE receiver since then in the 4th round (2015, Justin Hardy).

2) the Texans spent 2 picks in the 20s on WRs. Completely different than one at 4, 10, & another 1st rounder to boot.

They were forced to give a terrible contract to a qb they got rid of a year later. Now, they have no qb.

3) good qbs make good WRs. Right now, no other receiver will look great since we don't have a great throwing qb. Sammy is the only mouth to get feed consistently and he probably doesn't get the ball enough.

Again, look at the Steelers and how they draft WRs. Wr is a cool position. But if your oline sucks and your qb isn't good, receiver is the definition of a dependent postion.

The Steelers have been very good at drafting and developing WRs in the lower rounds, no question about it. We have not been as fortunate (or as good).

Aren't you concerned about the fact that Watkins is going to be on year four of his rookie deal this year? Assuming we pick up his option, he's only under contract for two more seasons. We need another potential no. 1 receiver on the roster, don't we?

How would you feel about taking Howard at 10? I'm starting to warm to the idea, despite that the league-wide history of taking first round TEs is not great.

Yeah, I agree with all that. I'm confident that a solid DB will be available in the second and depending on how far we can trade down picking up two seconds would be advantageous but also unlikely. I can see a trade down wherein we get Reddick.

i agree...i'd rather trade down and bring in zay jones to be right along with his coach.

I really like Davis and I really like Williams.

But there is not one example of a successful franchise that has ever invested 2 top 10 picks on WRs 5 years apart. It gets crazier when you realize that we traded another 1st for Sammy & spent a 2nd on Woods.

I've been a big Whaley supporter but if he spends another top pick on a wr, it will be hard to defend him. Awful roster building spending that much on a dependent position.

We lost Woods as an UFA and sadly Sammy has been injury plagued since arriving. How can you call that poor roster building? Personally if none of the top Safeties are on the board I'd have no issues taking Mike Williams to pair with Sammy or ultimately replace him as our #1WR if we can't re-sign Sammy. In terms of Davis, I'm not sure he's worth a top 10 pick but if we traded down to the teens I'd be willing to take him. I'm just worried since his injury not sure how fast he is and playing in the MAC vs the ACC is quite a difference.

Did you hear that Adams ran a 4.33 at his pro day I can't see him dropping now.

Yeah, I saw that.

But, there's always one stud who drops, maybe it's him.

With the # of good RB's and WR's ,In the top ten, I actually only see Chicago or Tennessee taking Adams............not likely, but we can dream.

Edited by B-Man

Yeah, I saw that.

But, there's always one stud who drops, maybe it's him.

With the # of good RB's and WR's ,In the top ten, I actually only see Chicago or Tennessee taking Adams............not likely, but we can dream.

Did you hear that Adams ran a 4.33 at his pro day I can't see him dropping now.

He ran 4.56 at combine and 4.33 at pro day. Something is screwy about the times, a .23 improvement screams fast track at LSU. I wonder what the other guys got from LSU in comparison to at the combine. Mayock had him at closer to 4.38, if its me I'm putting down 4.45 for now as his speed. Still pretty good, more in line with Hooker.

i don't think he's a top 10 player in this draft and I don't expect a WR, or an injured WR, or an injured WR from a small school, to be the first pick of this new coaching staff. I DO like him very much. I WOULD like him on our team. I just don't see him fitting what the Bills will do in the 1st. I *think* they will try to trade down (they need picks!) and if successful they will first try to get a Shaq Thompson type player for McD. No, not Peppers. If they can't trade down, they will take BPA at 10. I don't think that will be Davis. JMO of course.

Then who do you think they will take?

Also, who do you want them to take?

Then who do you think they will take?

Also, who do you want them to take?

i think they will take the best available LB for McD's scheme if they trade down, or a QB. If stay at 10, BPA overall on their board.

Edit: I forgot to say who I wanted ... honestly there are a ton of players I like a lot and think would make this team better. As long as it's not you know who #5 in the maize n blue :lol: I'm sure I will be happy.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Think I prefer him to Williams too. Assuming we stay at 10 and the safeties are off the board, I would like this pick or OJ Howard.

I am right here with what you said. I also would not be upset if they pick Williams at 10. For me it's either...Adams, Hooker, Lattimore, Howard, Davis or Williams in that order. I like Jeremiahs mock where Adams falls to us, although I doubt that happens

The Steelers have been very good at drafting and developing WRs in the lower rounds, no question about it. We have not been as fortunate (or as good).

Aren't you concerned about the fact that Watkins is going to be on year four of his rookie deal this year? Assuming we pick up his option, he's only under contract for two more seasons. We need another potential no. 1 receiver on the roster, don't we?

How would you feel about taking Howard at 10? I'm starting to warm to the idea, despite that the league-wide history of taking first round TEs is not great.

Good thoughts.

1) I love Howard because he is a versatile player and a freak. He is a really good blocker and can help the oline. So even if he might not put up monster stats, I think he could have huge value still.

2) WRs can be found through the draft, especially a #2 or #3. I figure we have Sammy at least two more years (we can pick up his option after next year I believe). We aren't a good passing team so you can develop a few low round guys and mix in vets like Holmes.

We just saw Chris Hogan become a #2 wr and he was playing lacrosse not too long ago.

Obviously JMo. It sucks because I really like both players. But would I see a smart team putting this much into receiver? No. I see the winless Lions and other bad teams doing it.

Good thoughts.

1) I love Howard because he is a versatile player and a freak. He is a really good blocker and can help the oline. So even if he might not put up monster stats, I think he could have huge value still.

2) WRs can be found through the draft, especially a #2 or #3. I figure we have Sammy at least two more years (we can pick up his option after next year I believe). We aren't a good passing team so you can develop a few low round guys and mix in vets like Holmes.

We just saw Chris Hogan become a #2 wr and he was playing lacrosse not too long ago.

Obviously JMo. It sucks because I really like both players. But would I see a smart team putting this much into receiver? No. I see the winless Lions and other bad teams doing it.

I think you're right that the best teams don't spend lots of high picks on receivers. I see a posible scenario where Davis is the BPA at a position of weakness is all. If the safeties, Foster and Howard are all off the board at 10 and we can't find a trade partner, I don't know who else would be worth that pick for us than one of the top receivers. Maybe we reach slightly on a CB like Conley who I've seen mocked as high as the 10-15 range, or possibly Lattimore is there at 10 if all those other aforementioned names are off. But again I see a lot of good quality DBs in round 2. Are we gonna go CB and S in rounds 1 and 2? It's possible.

Edited by Big C

With no combine or pro day, do we really know he can run a 4.48?

Very good point. I was thinking the same thing. Thats the speed that is posted for him on many sites but how accurate is that speed really.