Marshall Faulk traded to Rams for 2nd & 5th.

PIZ

Would something like this interest you, or make the Bills better in the long term? McCoy for a 2nd and a 5th like this trade? They have Gillisee and could take McCaffrey at 10 or trade down a little and get an extra pick. Not saying I want it to happen, but I feel something is up with McCoy and you never know what McDermott wants.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/1999/04/16/sports/pro-football-colts-trade-faulk-to-rams.html

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that was a pretty horrible trade for Indy so not sure I want the Bills to use that as a model. Not to mention the prospect of spending the #10 pick to replace the guy we just traded for a 2d round pick + Ed Wang doesn't seem very appealing.

McCoy for a 2nd and a 5th would be very good value for Buffalo but no other team would make that move.

If there was a team that offered that, I would make the deal.

Then sign AP to go with TD Mike.

Then trade significantly down in the first round picking up a second this year and a first next year, take Mahomes in the early twenties, and draft WR with one of the seconds, and defense the rest of the way.

McCoy for a 2nd and a 5th would be very good value for Buffalo but no other team would make that move.

If there was a team that offered that, I would make the deal.

Then sign AP to go with TD Mike.

Then trade significantly down in the first round picking up a second this year and a first next year, take Mahomes in the early twenties, and draft WR with one of the seconds, and defense the rest of the way.

Some team is going to give their spot in the twenties and a second round pick and their next year's first for Buffalo's #10?

Would something like this interest you, or make the Bills better in the long term? McCoy for a 2nd and a 5th like this trade? They have Gillisee and could take McCaffrey at 10 or trade down a little and get an extra pick. Not saying I want it to happen, but I feel something is up with McCoy and you never know what McDermott wants.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/1999/04/16/sports/pro-football-colts-trade-faulk-to-rams.html

Is the implication here that somehow Indy "won" that trade? You know we wouldn't be the Rams in this scenario right? We'd be the dumb team.

Well that was a pretty horrible trade for Indy so not sure I want the Bills to use that as a model. Not to mention the prospect of spending the #10 pick to replace the guy we just traded for a 2d round pick + Ed Wang doesn't seem very appealing.

Was it a dumb trade? Faulk's contract status with Indy was a real issue in early 1999 (when the trade went down), and Indy drafted Edgerrin James that year to replace him. James had 12,246 rushing yards lifetime, and Faulk had 12,279. (Faulk played one more season than James.) Both were great. I'm not sure who was better.

With that second round pick (Indy didn't have one that year), they drafted Mike Peterson, who had a really good 14 year career. The fifth ended up being Brad Scioli, who had six solid seasons for Indy.

Polian was offered a first (#24) by Jimmy Johnson at Miami, but Polian refused to trade Faul inside the conference (the Pats wanted him too).

Edited by dave mcbride

Keeping up with the BBMBers?

What's the point of this? If there is an issue with the content of the original post then please report it. If not, please continue to talk about the Buffalo Bills.

Love the Wang reference

That's right... part of the reason we're in this 17 year mess is because we kept burning 1st round picks on RBs... while our leading rusher was an UDFA who will likely go on the WoF