H2o Mock Draft 2.0 - Major Changes Across The Board

H2o

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After looking at the Bills depth for all positions, I believe the most glairing need based on depth is at OLB, with CB coming in at a close second, and DE coming in at a distant third. WR, Safety, and RT have a lot of depth, but still have question marks.

Within the draft, I really don't see a lot of depth at LB in the later rounds that would produce a possible day 1 starter. That would be my # 1 need since we have two starting OLBs that are career special teams aces. DB is stacked this year, and I believe we can find a day 1 starter / contributor in the later rounds. DE is set with their two starters, but lack serious depth in a scheme that requires a lot of subbing in and out. Fortunately there is some solid depth here as well that we can address in the later rounds as well. We have projected starters, and projected backups for WR, S, and RT, but seriously lack the guy we truly desire so I could see us making a play on either one of these positions early in the draft. With this being said, here is my prediction for the upcoming draft.

1-10: Trade to Browns for 1-12, 4-108, 5-175 (Browns take Deshaun Watson)

1-12: Bills take OLB Ha'ason Reddick (With his athleticism, he'll fit any scheme. I project him to play the "Will" but will rush the passer often)

2-44: Bills take TE Evan Engram (Will be primarily a move TE with Clay / O'Leary filling most blocking duties)

3-75: Bills take CB Shaquill Griffin (Could start day 1. Physical, long armed, tackling CB)

4-108: Bills take DE Dawuane Smoot (More of a run defending DE, but would be thrown in rotation immediately)

5-156: Bills take WR Robert Davis (Had a great combine, but lacked production in college. Will play a role on special teams)

5-171 Bills take CB Brian Allen (Another combine freak. Could push for playing time, but needs a lot of work)

5-175 Bills take WR Levonte "Kermit" Whitfield (Kermit provides insurance to Listenbee, and is also a great return man)

6-195 Bills take OL Jerry Ugokwe (McDermott likes this kids potential as well as the school he comes from)

Well there you have it. As you can see there are no QBs taken this year, but the Bills will surely add one via free agency after the draft. The Bills will also sign a few more pass rushers and LBs as well.

GO BILLS!

Hyde is a pretty similar player to Peppers, I can see playing both as nickle corners / strong safeties in nickle packages, but IMO they already brought Hyde in for the role Peppers would play. I think they take Reddick over Peppers if that's the type of player they are leaning towards, Reddick has the size and profiles as a similar player to Thomas Davis.

To further nitpick your mock, I don't see how Ross and Mahomes don't go 1st round. I think Ross could be the first WR taken, I would have to believe one of Pittsburgh / Green Bay / Dallas would take him simply because of the value he represents at that spot. There's too much buzz on Mahomes at this point for him to not go 1st round, KC is rumored to be in love with him, I'd have to imagine they take him at 27 as a worst case for him.

H20, I will not give you any heat. I could see the Bills picking Peppers. It be great to see them trade down and get an extra pick or two. But, I see him high on the list in McD's scheme.

I agree with you, Kollege.

I'm ok with the Bills drafting Peppers, I just hope that they trade down and then take him. I think he will last for awhile in the first round. Plus the Bills really need more picks.

Great job on the mock, H2o.

He was making a prediction Bill, he wasn't advocating. Your post wasn't nice.

i think he is right though ,there is no way its peppers if howard ,davis ,or even watson are there. maybe even next CB they like ,but not safety. and imagine if adams, hooker, or lattimore fell because romo retired. teams before us do need QB's.

Great draft!!! Let's waste the #10 selection in a draft that looks decent on the 3rd ranked safety and 4th ranked defensive back.

I mean really, who needs a quarterback? Or a receiver. We are SO deep there. And why draft blockers and/or pass rushers? Who needs them? Not the Bills! We are just deep as a well all over the field. SO deep that we can toss this pick on a safety (in the garbage).

You see, if this kid is "good," we will still lose football games. History proves this. And, we will lose him after his first contract. History has proven this too.

I am truly sorry to be harsh and trust me, I appreciate the effort. Are you very young? Do you not know had badly this team was ruined by drafting this type of player so high?

I feel like you need a hug

Sorry Peppers is not worth the 10th pick, also none of th QBs are going top 20!

I have had that same feeling about the QBs. However, these teams that are posturing like the will take a first round QB to groom, which hasn't been done in the history of of the sport, outside of Aaron Rodgers. Which to me, was also an odd situation because no one knew how long Favre would continue to play for. But I can't think of any situation where a team drafted a FIRST ROUND QB in the twilight of a franchise QB career. Then had a smooth transition from said franchise guy to the first rounder.

The closest would be Maddox getting drafted in 1992 in the first whIle the Broncos still had Elway. However, Elway went on to play until 1996 and Maddox was already out of the league by then having finished with the Giants in 1995. Eventually came back with the Steelers but..

I feel like those teams are going to scare these teams that thought maybe the could wait until the second round, where most of these specs should go.

A mild surprise to me: you don't think the Browns take a QB at #1.

I can't see that, I think they are locked in on Garrett unless they get a staggering offer to move down.

They have enough ammo they can take Garrett #1 and move up from #12 to get whatever QB they want should they so desire.

If I'm the Browns I take Garrett 1, move up if needed for Malik Hooker (they really need a safety and playmaker), and take whatever QB falls to them at 33

Id gladly give them 10 for 12 this year,and next year's 1st....pipe dream I know,but Still lol

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.