H2o Mock Draft 2.0 - Major Changes Across The Board

H2o

Cincy taking Adams. Great another year where the team above us breaks our hearts...

i think Micah Hyde and Jamal Adams play similar roles. They won't take Adams imo. Hooker is more of a centerfielder, if he's there it's possible mostly due to value at 10. Overall, can't see Safety at the 10 spot for this team. Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know my position from my tiresome posts on this issue. What I find surprising is so many people have gleefully bought into the Bills way of roster building. You would think that following the same path to futility for more than a generation might stimulate some options to the usual staid way of doing business. I find it not only befuddling but also somewhat sad.

H2, Terrific work. Much to my chagrin well thought out and plausible.

yeah the amount of mental gymnastics it takes to put CB on the same tier as QB in terms of NFL success is pretty remarkable. I have an idea, let's get a good coach (maybe?) and a good QB (again, maybe? hard to tell the latter without the former) and see what happens

yeah the amount of mental gymnastics it takes to put CB on the same tier as QB in terms of NFL success is pretty remarkable. I have an idea, let's get a good coach (maybe?) and a good QB (again, maybe? hard to tell the latter without the former) and see what happens

Watch the 49ers. They got the coach. Then they will have a QB by next year at the latest.

Great work! I feel the Bills would likely go Foster over Humphrey but honest can't argue with it. The LB position is weaker than the CB, I would prefer to take Tabor or another in round 2. Still trading back would be best if at all possible. Then we could use round 2 on a QB (maybe) and round 3 on defensive side of the hall and maybe a WR.

Great work! I feel the Bills would likely go Foster over Humphrey but honest can't argue with it. The LB position is weaker than the CB, I would prefer to take Tabor or another in round 2. Still trading back would be best if at all possible. Then we could use round 2 on a QB (maybe) and round 3 on defensive side of the hall and maybe a WR.

Foster or Howard in Rd 1 is fine. I'm a huge Alabama fan, I'd lean towards Howard, but Foster will be a great long term addition. I'd like to think him and ragland could do what they did a couple years ago. nobody will be running for 200 yards against them!

Foster or Howard in Rd 1 is fine. I'm a huge Alabama fan, I'd lean towards Howard, but Foster will be a great long term addition. I'd like to think him and ragland could do what they did a couple years ago. nobody will be running for 200 yards against them!

And as you well know, Foster also rushes the passer and is very good in coverage. He plays hard on every down. This kid is a complete linebacker and if he stays healthy, he will play in this league at a high level for a very long time.

I know it's a very good possibility the Bills take Humphrey or Conley at #10...Because that's what the Bills do...

Not that either of them are bad prospects...I like them both...But we're back to - Have a hole through Free Agency, plug that hole in the Draft...Go 7-9 again...

It's just a big, long, yawn for me...Why do I fell like this is what we will do, and in 3 years this board will be lit up with "we passed on QB X for a CB...?"

Anyway... B-)

Nice over all, but i believe if we choose Humphrey we would trade down first.

Also surprised that you do not have Corey Davis listed in the 1st by ANY team, even though I would love to have him.

This is true. Once I got past Baltimore taking Williams and gave Tennessee OJ Howard I just went what came about. I could see him going to Tennessee or KC or maybe even Seattle, but I just laid them out different. I do believe he wouldn't make it past San Fran in the 2nd. :thumbsup:

This is true. Once I got past Baltimore taking Williams and gave Tennessee OJ Howard I just went what came about. I could see him going to Tennessee or KC or maybe even Seattle, but I just laid them out different. I do believe he wouldn't make it past San Fran in the 2nd. :thumbsup:

I have sympathy H2o. I don't see any way Davis doesn't go in the 1st but with some players once you get past a point finding a fit becomes difficult. If, for instance, OJ Howars gets past the Bills at 10 his landing spots from there on in with regards to natural fits reduce. Now there is always a chance that a team with no "need" at Tight End decides the value is to good to turn down and take him... same with Davis but a mock should never just be a big board exercise where you list your best 32 in some order. As much as every team says BPA, need plays into almost all first round picks.

The same coach that gave away the Lombardi trophy?

Yes, the same coach that also carried the Falcons to a Superbowl and had the Patriots dead to rights. I do agree he needs to work on his game management skills. But man, he knows offense and QB's. Must be nice to have that in house.

But man, he knows offense and QB's. Must be nice to have that in house.

Serious question - given that you certainly can't accuse the 49ers of group think in their hiring decisions if Lynch and Shanahan passed on a Quarterback at #2 based on what you said above would that give you pause for throught before taking one at #10?

Serious question - given that you certainly can't accuse the 49ers of group think in their hiring decisions if Lynch and Shanahan passed on a Quarterback at #2 based on what you said above would that give you pause for throught before taking one at #10?

It would. There is the Cousins issue though. So if the 49ers passed on Trubisky and Mahomes it's possible Cousins already told Shanahan he is coming.

But yes, I would love to see Shanahan's board. If only the Bills could pull a Patriots move and secure that!

Edited by jeffismagic

I have had that same feeling about the QBs. However, these teams that are posturing like the will take a first round QB to groom, which hasn't been done in the history of of the sport, outside of Aaron Rodgers. Which to me, was also an odd situation because no one knew how long Favre would continue to play for. But I can't think of any situation where a team drafted a FIRST ROUND QB in the twilight of a franchise QB career. Then had a smooth transition from said franchise guy to the first rounder.

The closest would be Maddox getting drafted in 1992 in the first whIle the Broncos still had Elway. However, Elway went on to play until 1996 and Maddox was already out of the league by then having finished with the Giants in 1995. Eventually came back with the Steelers but..

I feel like those teams are going to scare these teams that thought maybe the could wait until the second round, where most of these specs should go.

Jim Druckenmiller.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.