The McDermott Era begins - Voluntary OTAs

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bull Mcdermott and coaches addressed the entire team yesterday. They arent allow to o football specific activities.

Right so what's the big deal with not being there then, Not like he's missing anything on the field.

Phase One/ 4 Hrs

• Two Weeks | Limited To Strength And Conditioning Activities (“Dead Ball”); Only Strength And Conditioning Coaches Allowed On Field
  • 90 Minute Max On The Field
  • Clubs Can Only Specify 2 Hours For Players To Be At Facility
  • Players Choose The Other 2 Hours For Weights, Etc

why else do you think he's called Shady?

Because someone thought it was cool because of Eminem calling himself Slim Shady? That's always been the general understanding. Unless somebody from the 1940's nicknamed him prior to that. :flirt:

I heard he wanted to lock up the name early so he could use it in his upcoming radio career. Shady is a great name for a sports-talk radio guy.

Who is his podcast partner going to be? Is Tony Bruno still alive?

I don't have kids but I have only worked my own birthday once in the 12 years of my working life.... and that was unavoidable because the legislation I was responsible for was in front of a Parliamentary committee. Usually I take my birthday off.

Interesting. I try hard to make my birthday like every other day. I only celebrate it to meet my kids' expectations.

Right so what's the big deal with not being there then, Not like he's missing anything on the field.

Phase One/ 4 Hrs

• Two Weeks | Limited To Strength And Conditioning Activities (“Dead Ball”); Only Strength And Conditioning Coaches Allowed On Field
  • 90 Minute Max On The Field
  • Clubs Can Only Specify 2 Hours For Players To Be At Facility
  • Players Choose The Other 2 Hours For Weights, Etc

It's more symbolic than practical. 60 of 61 players demonstrated they cared enough to be there.

But there's a practical side too. We have a new coach. I'm sure he's carefully crafted his first words to the team in his effort to start laying the foundation of a new culture and new way of doing things. Shady missed that.

It's more symbolic than practical. 60 of 61 players demonstrated they cared enough to be there.

But there's a practical side too. We have a new coach. I'm sure he's carefully crafted his first words to the team in his effort to start laying the foundation of a new culture and new way of doing things. Shady missed that.

He didn't though. Coaches can't talk with players at this time of the off season per the CBA, right?

He didn't though. Coaches can't talk with players at this time of the off season per the CBA, right?

He was allowed to address the team yesterday morning only. The word is that kept it very brief.

No coaches can be present during the workouts.

Did his play and effort look at any time like he doesn't care? They have talked. Coach said as much.

anyone hating on Shady not attending voluntary OTA's needs to get a life

He's a professional, he's in shape, he's our best player, he's been in contact with McDermott already during the offeseason...nothing to see here, move along

Incorrect. His mother called him Shady well before Eminem was known.

Meh, stories vary, he was pretty young when that LP came out.

At first I thought maybe it was like his alias at the clinic.......Shady McMexico.

It's pretty bad when a Vick calls you out for giving women herpes. :lol:

Maybe he and Michael can do a podcast....."hot mouths with big takes"

anyone hating on Shady not attending voluntary OTA's needs to get a life

He's a professional, he's in shape, he's our best player, he's been in contact with McDermott already during the offeseason...nothing to see here, move along

...move along my azz......if McCoach gave him a pass for Day 1, so be it.....but he shows up for Day 2+.......is he a team leader respecting what Sean wants to do or is he a spoiled little diva?.....

...move along my azz......if McCoach gave him a pass for Day 1, so be it.....but he shows up for Day 2+.......is he a team leader respecting what Sean wants to do or is he a spoiled little diva?.....

As in most topics, seems the fans put more stock in this than the coach does.

As in most topics, seems the fans put more stock in this than the coach does.

...probably.....entering year 55 following these boyz, I'm a traditional old fart hoping that a new beginning with McCoach means a different outlook....but then again, we're talking overpaid divas who do whatever the hell they want....sorry for the rant.........

...probably.....entering year 55 following these boyz, I'm a traditional old fart hoping that a new beginning with McCoach means a different outlook....but then again, we're talking overpaid divas who do whatever the hell they want....sorry for the rant.........

Been a Bills fan since '68 and a Sabre fan since '70 and haven't given up on either .Biggest thing that hasn't changed in all those years? The fans know more than the Owners, GMs and coaches. Never changes. Don't know of any everyday Joe becoming any of the three.

Been a Bills fan since '68 and a Sabre fan since '70 and haven't given up on either .Biggest thing that hasn't changed in all those years? The fans know more than the Owners, GMs and coaches. Never changes. Don't know of any everyday Joe becoming any of the three.

....so you bear the same fan scars and aspirations for "maybe some day."......good show bro.....my time is running out and where I'm going, they don't have heat resistant LCD's.....gotta be sooner versus later for the old guy.. :thumbsup:

Isn't McD a family man? So wouldn't he respect Shady for attending his son's 5th b-day party? I mean, more than he does already since he's a HOF caliber RB who is showing no signs of slowing down?

....so you bear the same fan scars and aspirations for "maybe some day."......good show bro.....my time is running out and where I'm going, they don't have heat resistant LCD's.....gotta be sooner versus later for the old guy.. :thumbsup:

I hope OBD gets it right so some of the older fans can enjoy a few good seasons before their time expires. It was great to see some of the older sox fans finally get to see that first WS championship. As Bills fans we all deserve to have that moment together.

Fair warning...once/if they finally do win one, everything changes, it all matters a little bit less. The feelings of losing 4 straight keep the fires stoked and that is evident by the rabid fanbase. Win damn it.

Isn't McD a family man? So wouldn't he respect Shady for attending his son's 5th b-day party? I mean, more than he does already since he's a HOF caliber RB who is showing no signs of slowing down?

....so then tomorrow is a new day to show up, right??........

Maybe that's what he was fighting with baby momma bout.

Like "why can't we have the party on the weekend? He's 5?". :lol:

....so then tomorrow is a new day to show up, right??........

Yup.

Maybe that's what he was fighting with baby momma bout.

Like "why can't we have the party on the weekend? He's 5?". :lol:

You could be onto something there.

Nothing wrong with hoping for different in a new year

I think this team will be different.....if in no other way the basic coaching philosophies will be different. McDermott strikes me as a detail orientated no nonsense coach (when the rules permit him to be.....remember we are in not manditory status) who wont be taking players out to the movies when they dont do well.

Hey, live for today and don't sweat the small stuff. I enjoy football so if the Bills suck again, I'll still be entertained, just won't wear it on my sleeve if you know what i mean. Life is too short. I know you know what I'm saying here.

Then he went over to the bar and downed some hamstring tightener to quell his frustration. :flirt:

Sounds like what he did last off-season. And then had a season with 108 yards from scrimmage and almost 1 TD per game.

I think this team will be different.....if in no other way the basic coaching philosophies will be different. McDermott strikes me as a detail orientated no nonsense coach (when the rules permit him to be.....remember we are in not manditory status) who wont be taking players out to the movies when they dont do well.

.we're on the SAME page here John....could we be grasping at straws at the SLIGHTEST bit of optimism?...damn right after 17 years...and me thinks McCoach's approach is something sorely lacking for years... is hardly smoke ' mirrors window gloss...this kid means football business IMO.........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Bruce didn't even go to training camp, why is everyone so upset Shady missed an OTA? I don't care if he had bus full of babes chilling in the backyard as long as he shows up on Game day, who cares what he does five months out? Didn't anyone learn from the Greg Williams era?

...pretty sure we've earned a break bud......my days are numbered as a crusty old fart and even a playoff berth would suit me just fine....for starters.....I'm NOT greedy............