Bills fire 3 long-time staffers and Team Chaplain

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i never specified a religion. The article was about a chaplain if it was anout a rabbi or a monk I would have said the same thing. The players usually in some form show faith i.e. Saying thank god or something of that noti N identifying themsekves as one of faith. You sure are one of the worst posters on this board. Keep it up it's entertaining the level of thougt you put towards your posts.

Lol knew you'd get to name calling at some point. Not very Christian of you!

Edited by Domdab99

This team has had major injury problems since Donahoe let Mike Mularkey fire Rusty Jones back in 2004. Probably a bigger mistake than letting any player since then walk.

I don't know exactly what all of these guys do, or if they were good at their jobs or not, but nutrition, strength and conditioning, and even issuing the right equipment (pads, shoes, helmets) can totally play into injury totals. Like I said, I can't make a judgement on these guys as to how they did their jobs, but I am all for

changing an area of this team that has been woeful for quite some time now (too many injuries).

If a better strength and conditioning coach can save even 1 starter from going down, that is a huge positive.

And to the poster who included Scott Berchtold in the conversation, all you have to do is look at the Anthony Lynn and Doug Whaley pressers, or the way

the media is treating the Bills since. I mean, he was the team's communications/PR guy...any person in any business with that role would and should be fired after those debacles. And especially when you have an owner and GM who neither like nor are good at public speaking, you need someone better in that role.

It feels like a fresh wind is sweeping through One Bills Drive. I don't think you can discount these moves or the importance of some of these support staff roles...I think this can all help the team if the right people are hired to fill those roles. And I am looking forward to what McDermott (and Whaley) can do now that they seem to have more power than Whaley and the previous coaches ever had.

Edited by folz

Hearing on the radio they might fire the equipment manager too. Ross Tucker just tweeted "Bills getting rid of the wrong people...".

Are Brandon and Whaley still here?

I think we probably both agree that the Chaplain shouldn't be advising the HC on gameday decisions!

No, that would be a job for the therapist.

must not have liked his preaching B-)

Getting rid of Dan Liburd is a disgrace. He was a great guy and he's losing his job because our HC feels this entitled.

Dan was the guy who trained and guided a blind runner thru the Buffalo marathon. Great job McDumbass.

Hearing on the radio they might fire the equipment manager too. Ross Tucker just tweeted "Bills getting rid of the wrong people...".

????

did you ever think that maybe he has better guys?

he didn't throw them to the curb right away, maybe just maybe that after being around them for a few months he felt they weren't good enough for the job?

Kelly's teams always had gas left in the 4th quarter. Bills Teams in the past several years had obviously nothing left. Jus' sayin'.

This team has had major injury problems since Donahoe let Mike Mularkey fire Rusty Jones back in 2004. Probably a bigger mistake than letting any player since then walk.

I don't know exactly what all of these guys do, or if they were good at their jobs or not, but nutrition, strength and conditioning, and even issuing the right equipment (pads, shoes, helmets) can totally play into injury totals. Like I said, I can't make a judgement on these guys as to how they did their jobs, but I am all for

changing an area of this team that has been woeful for quite some time now (too many injuries).

If a better strength and conditioning coach can save even 1 starter from going down, that is a huge positive.

And to the poster who included Scott Berchtold in the conversation, all you have to do is look at the Anthony Lynn and Doug Whaley pressers, or the way

the media is treating the Bills since. I mean, he was the team's communications/PR guy...any person in any business with that role would and should be fired after those debacles. And especially when you have an owner and GM who neither like nor are good at public speaking, you need someone better in that role.

It feels like a fresh wind is sweeping through One Bills Drive. I don't think you can discount these moves or the importance of some of these support staff roles...I think this can all help the team if the right people are hired to fill those roles. And I am looking forward to what McDermott (and Whaley) can do now that they seem to have more power than Whaley and the previous coaches ever had.

Fresh wind, hey I like that ! "How bout a couple more of your delicious burritos honey ! "

And mostly agree with ur post above.

Edited by SoulMan

Kelly's teams always had gas left in the 4th quarter. Bills Teams in the past several years had obviously nothing left. Jus' sayin'.

So you're saying this is on the nutritionist? Maybe add more legumes, take the field with just the right amount of gas?

I don't understand these comments about leakers. Leak what to whom. Certainly not leaking to the local media. They have not had a scoop in years and years. Even the chaplain would not speak to Sullivan.

Maybe they were whiners, giving excuses for lazy players. Maybe they supported the pool table deal. This team for many years has been a failure, rotting from the inside, so someone has to get the house in order. Someone has to fix the water cooler stuff. When the location of your parking spot becomes important that shows the lack of focus on the task. This Padre has been unable to rid us of the demons, time for another to try.

I don't understand these comments about leakers. Leak what to whom. Certainly not leaking to the local media. They have not had a scoop in years and years. Even the chaplain would not speak to Sullivan.

Maybe they were whiners, giving excuses for lazy players. Maybe they supported the pool table deal. This team for many years has been a failure, rotting from the inside, so someone has to get the house in order. Someone has to fix the water cooler stuff. When the location of your parking spot becomes important that shows the lack of focus on the task. This Padre has been unable to rid us of the demons, time for another to try.

All of you who wrote the the equipment manager has nothing to do with on-field performance can go ahead and redact every single comment you ever made about the Patriots and deflated footballs.

What all of these people have in common is that they are voices in the room and you want all the voices in the room to be in agreement with one another.

When did we get so successful that anybody on that team should expect job security in a regime change? The Bills have found ways to screw up nearly every aspect of professional football. Win some games, stop being a PR circus, have a general clue of what you are doing, then you can throw some job security around.

Can't wait for today's 12 copycat hot taek bbmb style threads with titles like

"Why does saen mcd hate jebus?"

"Pugela FAIL playerz no longer engaeged"

"if ewe dont think we need a new champlain UR an ****head"

Fantastically done.

Yeah, I'm going to reserve final judgement until the season begins. But I have no reason to believe things will improve by then. I fear TSW may have jumped the shark with the recent influx. I've never met him, but by all accounts SDS seems like a solid dude. I hope he finds a way to monetize all the extra traffic, make it an advantage somehow.

I hope he gets kudos for supporting the mentally handicapped.

Litman is gone. So you're wrong.

Facts should never prevent irrational tirades from happening! Just use alternate facts.

Just a word of reality here for ya's

None of these people have anything to do with how the team has been playing, except the one strength guy might have some small impact.

Likewise Scott Berchtold had nothing to do with team performance.

None of the front office decision makers who have presided over the last 17 years have been replaced. Not one.

you're, of course, wrong.

http://www.espn.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/9571/bills-fire-personnel-chief-john-guy