Preston Brown on the Trading Block?

KGun12TD

Exactly the point of my entire post.

Was it Brown's (and the other lb's) abilities being exposed over time or did teams find out how to exploit our D and realize much like ourselves that Rex wasn't keen on changing things up?

Tough to say. I mean, I'm not going to sit here and say it's 100% one or the other, but you have to admit the reluctancy/inability to adapt was infuriating.

Can that really be put on the players?

From where I sit, our LBs were being exposed over the last half of Brown's rookie season. Brown especially was a liability in pass coverage. Rex's complicated assignments didn't help him at all his second year. Last year he was a bit more consistent, but nothing special, imo.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes sense. I don't know. I thought he was going to be amazing when he came into the league and looked very promising early on.

Seemed to fall into middle of the road territory.

He has one year left on the rookie deal. Either move him and hope for a small return or play him and hope he returns to form.

I'd love to think he's a diamond that Rex forgot to polish but I think that about all Bills. Hard to be objective when you think everyone on the team is a few good snaps from being elite.

....due $765,000 for 2017.......

From where I sit, our LBs were being exposed over the last half of Brown's rookie season. Brown especially was a liability in pass coverage. Rex's complicated assignments didn't help him at all his second year. Last year he was a bit more consistent, but nothing special, imo.

So again, exactly what I said in my post.

Middle of the road = nothing special.

Keep up man, it's taken you an hour to realize we're saying the exact same thing.

As old time is pointing out he's making less than a mil this year. Definitely getting our money's worth.

Ragland should be given enough time to recover from ACL and get back in condition. They need Preston at MLB till they are sure Ragland is 100%

Without Zach Brown , yikes

Edited by ALF

So again, exactly what I said in my post.

Middle of the road = nothing special.

Keep up man, it's taken you an hour to realize we're saying the exact same thing.

As old time is pointing out he's making less than a mil this year. Definitely getting our money's worth.

Is every post you read that's in agreement with you a point of contention? I was supporting your point of view with my own and you object to that somehow?

WTF has happened to this forum?

Is every post you read that's in agreement with you a point of contention? I was supporting your point of view with my own and you object to that somehow?

WTF has happened to this forum?

That's fair. Sometimes hard to tell tone in written text.

As you can see by the post responding to yours most of us n00bs are constantly being reminded we're not wanted and are the downfall of your message board.

Hard to tell if your jiving with someone or being painted with the bbmb brush.

BBMB.

Constructive.

Maybe it's posts like this that put most of us in a defensive position.

Care to add anything to the conversation or is this what you do now, you just go around looking to brag about being on a message board first?

You realize we're all fans of the same team, yeah?

When you meet people at games do you ask where they post first before talking to them?

Edited by likei've

Again, McDermott did not say that Ragland was starting.

The way coach said it was so confusing!

I also took it as "we think Ragland will start at MLB as in that's the position group he'll practice at, not outside LB."

However, when the exact quote is "Ragland will start at MLB," that is pretty confusing!

As a rookie, Brown played pretty well in the Schwartz' 43 defense. In the last two years, Brown was mediocre, then again so was everybody else under the tutelage of the "genius" Rex Ryan.

Going back to a 43 defense should help Brown and everyone else on that side of the ball ... I'd keep him.

BBMB.

I honestly don't know about that and really don't care as I take every post on its own merit, regardless. This place can be insufferable enough when we disagree on things but when people are going to take you to task when you're in agreement with them, that takes it to a whole new level. Just won't waste my time responding to that type any more. Problem is, you don't know the type until they reveal themselves.