Breakout Season for Shaq Lawson in 2017?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shaq didn't have much, if any, impact this past season. although "healthy" after he came back.....he missed camp and was really just getting a taste of the pro game. I have no idea how he will do next year, but by the draft position he should be a player in the NFL. More likely we will be disappointed if he is only average....we need the #1 picks to be big hits.

Same for Raglund...who was also touted as a potential #1. allegedly a work-a-holic that is a success factor.

Yeah, Shaq's first season was going to be a washout due to his injury. It's not a surprise that he wasn't going to make an impact. He missed all of training camp and half of the season. He couldn't be in shape when he got back and he didn't even have a single NFL practice under his belt until after he came back from his injury. Let's hope the experience he gained by getting on the field helps him in 2018.

It's not really a stretch to see him as a breakout player. He should be productive if used properly. He's best suited to be a strong side DE. He should be a quality player that is stout against the run, can set the edge and can bring some pass rush too. He's not a Mario Williams kind of player though, he'll have to work for his sacks - or he schemed to get them.

Ragland is a guy I'm less enthused about. I hope he's more than a two down backer, but I'll need to see it to believe it.

Breakout Season in 2017? = Tyrod Taylor

Throwing to these cast off #4 and #5 recievers? Better draft Davis or Williams at 10 to stand a chance. Only good reciever we have is Watkins coming off his 2nd foot surgery, I totally expect him to miss games this year. Injuries is killing his career. With him healthy on the field, Tyrod takes a lot more deep shots

Edited by Gunsgoodtime

Ill say Reggie Ragland, drops a little weight, is a little quicker and efficient "in space" on his zone drops and in man coverage from the ILB spot and his ability to diagnose plays, stop the run and run the defense will be a welcome addition to the defense, he'll stay on the field on all 3 downs and in sub packages. Projected: 130+ tackles, 15 TFL's, 3 FF, 2 INT's.

p.s. Bills fans will praise Whaley's foresight in trading a 2017 4th round pick to move up in the 2016 draft to acquire him, as in hindsight its a wonderful move again...

You're forgetting about the fourth round pick in 2016 that Whaley also gave away to move up for Ragland--a pick that could have been used on a certain QB.

I think he is a way better fit as a 4-3 DE than a outside rush lb in a 3-4. I just get the feeling that his skill set is like a mini Mario Williams in his prime.

Mini Super Mario? :)

I agree, the scheme seems to fit him better.

I hope Lawson does well but he looked overmatched last year.

That's what my eyes saw. He seems to lack much explosion. Rex's Clemson crush landed him here. I hope McD can do something with him but I am not holding my breath. I think solid but unspectacular is his ceiling.

I can see right around 10 sacks for Shaq Lawson

but he does so many more things for the team then just sacks......he can cover short zones.....he sets the edge pretty well......high effort player.

what I want to see is what kind of one step explosiveness he has after a full offseason and training camp....not trying to rehab a surgery and come back and play