Breakout Season for Shaq Lawson in 2017?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to call that as weak but it kind of is. The guy was a 1st round pick who missed the offseason and the 1st half of the season. He was a potential top 10 pick just a year ago. Of course we should see a big uptick in his production. That is so obvious!! Way to go out on a limb!!!

I will take a stab at it and say that the breakout player is Sammy Watkins. I say this year he ascends to a top 5 WR and finishes the year with over 90 catches, 1400 yards and 10+ TDs. If that doesn't count because he is already good, I will go with Kevon Seymour.

Shaq didn't have much, if any, impact this past season. although "healthy" after he came back.....he missed camp and was really just getting a taste of the pro game. I have no idea how he will do next year, but by the draft position he should be a player in the NFL. More likely we will be disappointed if he is only average....we need the #1 picks to be big hits.

Same for Raglund...who was also touted as a potential #1. allegedly a work-a-holic that is a success factor.

Ill say Reggie Ragland, drops a little weight, is a little quicker and efficient "in space" on his zone drops and in man coverage from the ILB spot and his ability to diagnose plays, stop the run and run the defense will be a welcome addition to the defense, he'll stay on the field on all 3 downs and in sub packages. Projected: 130+ tackles, 15 TFL's, 3 FF, 2 INT's.

p.s. Bills fans will praise Whaley's foresight in trading a 2017 4th round pick to move up in the 2016 draft to acquire him, as in hindsight its a wonderful move again...

We were 8th in sacks last year in a scheme that didn't use our guys well. Shaq and marcel down for half the year. Back to number one in the league in sacks and run defense. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we used our lbs to blitz well. Utilized the DL and all other rushes poorly.