Changes coming to Bills front office?

Lastly, does it really matter who makes the final choice in Buffalo? I have very little confidence that anyone in the current Bills FO who makes the final choice will get it right.

Well, that's an awfully dark sentiment.

I see it differently. What is more important, pick one:

• very good coaching
  • very good front office
  • very good sync between front office and coaching (regardless of how good they are individually)

I choose very good coaching as the most important factor in team success. The Bills sucked because Rex sucked. FO could have been rock stars, and it probably would have added only game to the W column.

I'm cautiously optimistic because I think the Bills may have the right coach. FO is average, while that sucks, it isn't a death sentence if the coach is good or better.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're missing a very important nuance in the statement... It's "maybe you lean in that direction". Nothing about that statements says anything about anyone overruling anyone. It speaks to a tendency where one might persuade the others in the room to see his vision and come to a collective agreement. It's not a decision hierarchy.

This is bananas, guy. The leaps you are taking is like something a crazy person would think when they heard that interview.

. They have said Brandon is not involved in football decisions and it was clear from the interview the principals were the HC and GM that Pegula was discussing. You're making things up now.

. Well it's either the HC or GM who are both football men.

I give you guys credit for trying--at some point, even I get tired of explaining things.

Explain how does it mean that? Cos I have tried to follow and I am lost.

8309a3ba26e6286e0124e6219a246ea2581569ab

There's a Princess Bride meme for everything these days :lol:

Edited by thebandit27

Well, that's an awfully dark sentiment.

I see it differently. What is more important, pick one:

• very good coaching
  • very good front office
  • very good sync between front office and coaching (regardless of how good they are individually)

I choose very good coaching as the most important factor in team success. The Bills sucked because Rex sucked. FO could have been rock stars, and it probably would have added only game to the W column.

I'm cautiously optimistic because I think the Bills may have the right coach. FO is average, while that sucks, it isn't a death sentence if the coach is good or better.

Very good front office for two, Alex.

Bringing in the right players is the key thing. After that you can get by with solid coaching. You can't have awful coaching, but solid is fine if the players are are there.

I can understand cautious optimism, but I'm at this point more from Missouri.

I watched it. The questions were about the dumb LaCanfora thing about GM vs HC. You're making things up.

No I am not. The transcripts are there for you. Here is the link read it:http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/03/terry_pegula_discusses_doug_whaley_buffalo_bills_stadium_more_at_nfl_owners_meet.html

I give you guys credit for trying--at some point, even I get tired of explaining things.

8309a3ba26e6286e0124e6219a246ea2581569ab

There's a Princess Bride meme for everything these days :lol:

Thats your style when your proven wrong to post memes.

Explain how does it mean that? Cos I have tried to follow and I am lost.

The guy said Whaley is in complete control of the 53.

The owner said that if someone feels more strongly about the pick than maybe you lean that way.

First round draft pick will make the 53 this year barring a disaster.

Someone other than the GM could persuade the owner into a different pick than the GM.

Therefore the GM isnt in complete control of the 53.

I told you before: feel free to carry on your conspiracy theory. I deal in facts, which means I'm done with you (at least on this topic--I suppose there's always the chance that, in another topic, you'll deal in reality).

No I am not. The transcripts are there for you. Here is the link read it:http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/03/terry_pegula_discusses_doug_whaley_buffalo_bills_stadium_more_at_nfl_owners_meet.html

The guy said Whaley is in complete control of the 53.

The owner said that if someone feels more strongly about the pick than maybe you lean that way.

First round draft pick will make the 53 this year barring a disaster.

Someone other than the GM could persuade the owner into a different pick than the GM.

Therefore the GM isnt in complete control of the 53.

The answer from Pegula right before the draft question referred to the HC and GM. It is clear when speaking about group that's what he talked about. You are making things up.

I'm secretly hoping it's actually someone like the team Chaplain James Trapp who makes the final call if there is a disagreement, and we find out on this year's video of inside the war room, just so some of y'all heads will explode :lol:. Is that guy stlll on staff, you know to decide which plays to challenge?

Edited by YoloinOhio

I'm secretly hoping it's actually someone like the team Chaplain James Trapp who makes the final call if there is a disagreement, and we find out on this year's video of inside the war room, just so some of y'all heads will explode :lol:. Is that guy stlll on staff, you know to decide which plays to challenge?

HEY! The Chapain might make the most sense, if, you know, he's got some really good connections.

I don't know why this is such a big deal to some people. I've been on various management committees where the chairman goes with the flow, even if it's not their preference. There are times where the guy with the clout could veto a move, but values the input of others and gives it a shot. And, sometimes, the word comes down that this is how it's going to go.

Post of the day!

Would he take a Hail Mary on a QB?

HEY! The Chapain might make the most sense, if, you know, he's got some really good connections.

I don't know why this is such a big deal to some people. I've been on various management committees where the chairman goes with the flow, even if it's not their preference. There are times where the guy with the clout could veto a move, but values the input of others and gives it a shot. And, sometimes, the word comes down that this is how it's going to go.

well he is "faith based" so Pegs likes him but not sure how good of a wrestler he is

This is a sound explication of how collaborative decisions are often reached. I also agree with wiskibreth's comment that the interview should not be taken as the elucidation of a decision hierarchy. Years of failure make people angry and they presume everything is keystone cops. I surmise more probable is that the Pegulas are intelligent, sincere people who are fundamentally decent, but naive and inexperienced as owners of professional sports franchises. There is a learning curve for everything. I think it will be okay and at minimum, without their intervention, we don't have teams to argue about.

Just for chuckles, I wish they would work out an NFL draft room skit where the Chaplain breaks the tie, but then we'd likely get more knee-slapping priest jokes and less subtle accusations that the Pegulas are stupid because they are religious and value people of faith, so maybe not.

Edited by Dr. Who

The answer from Pegula right before the draft question referred to the HC and GM. It is clear when speaking about group that's what he talked about. You are making things up.

Right and the question right after the one voice question was about Ralph and his fervent stance on not voting to approve teams to move. Those two questions must be related too. Edited by Bill_with_it

This is a sound explication of how collaborative decisions are often reached. I also agree with wiskibreth's comment that the interview should not be taken as the elucidation of a decision hierarchy. Years of failure make people angry and they presume everything is keystone cops. I surmise more probable is that the Pegulas are intelligent, sincere people who are fundamentally decent, but naive and inexperienced as owners of professional sports franchises. There is a learning curve for everything. I think it will be okay and at minimum, without their intervention, we don't have teams to argue about.

Just for chuckles, I wish they would work out an NFL draft room skit where the Chaplain breaks the tie, but then we'd likely get more knee-slapping priest jokes and less subtle accusations that the Pegulas are stupid because they are religious and value people of faith, so maybe not.

the whole thing is off-season MUD!

Bills "Brain" Trust motivations.

Terry and Kim Pegula: Mad at Rex for making them look bad, Love wrestler Sean and want the defense to improve to show up Rex

Sean McDermott: Conservative defensive coach who thinks he has to win quickly. Has kept the veteran QB that wasn't good enough for the GM and hired Leslie Tampa 2 Frazier to run the defense. Will want to please the Pegulas by improving the defense.

Doug Whaley: GM who has lost power to Sean and who the Pegulas have ignored twice in 2 coaching searches. Normally a gambler but will he play errand boy to the wrestler to save his job? If he likes a QB will he dare bring it up when everyone else in the room is on a different page?

Russ Brandon: Not involved in football decisions but sits in the draft room with the Pegulas. Probably would want Watson or Chad Kelly if ticket sales and excitement were the goal.

Here comes the draft. Let's see what the group decides.

Bills "Brain" Trust motivations.

Terry and Kim Pegula: Mad at Rex for making them look bad, Love wrestler Sean and want the defense to improve to show up Rex

Sean McDermott: Conservative defensive coach who thinks he has to win quickly. Has kept the veteran QB that wasn't good enough for the GM and hired Leslie Tampa 2 Frazier to run the defense. Will want to please the Pegulas by improving the defense.

Doug Whaley: GM who has lost power to Sean and who the Pegulas have ignored twice in 2 coaching searches. Normally a gambler but will he play errand boy to the wrestler to save his job? If he likes a QB will he dare bring it up when everyone else in the room is on a different page?

Russ Brandon: Not involved in football decisions but sits in the draft room with the Pegulas. Probably would want Watson or Chad Kelly if ticket sales and excitement were the goal.

Here comes the draft. Let's see what the group decides.

None of this is even close to reality. Good god, this board has become unreadable.