Changes coming to Bills front office?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I'm concerned, the Bills need FO leadership. Whaley has proven that he is not it. That doesn't mean that he needs to be fired or that he cannot work with McDermott.

If McDermott is the guy to provide organization direction and leadership and Whaley is there to support him and his direction, then so be it.

I know you have no clue what logic means. Owner states:

"If somebody feels more strongly about something than somebody else then maybe you lean in that direction" with regard to the tenth pick.

Bandit states Whaley has control of the 53.

Logic would dictate to someone thinking LOGICALLY

That is someone (literally anyone) feels stronger than whaley and they draft that first round pick that will be on the 53 then Whaley doesnt have control.

Logic dictates that literally anyone in the draft room having stronger feelings than Whaley can persuade the draft choice that persons way rather than Whaley. Terry Pegual the owner stated that. Yet you clearly have no idea what the word logic means.

Some people here just can't imagine a small group of individuals having one goal in mind and working together to make it happen.

Everyday, people collaborate on business decisions and do so peacably.

Many people can actually do this with comparing who's is BIGGEST and who's daddy can beat up who's daddy.

This obsession with who's the daddy is just sick. It's like "IF they are not going to FIRE Whaley then at LEAST prove me right by demoting Whaley". "Take all his power away, wack his peepee."

In the real world people "play well with others every day".

When you grow up you will learn all of these things.

Very well.

When asked if Whaley would make the call in the draft room or break a tie if Whaley and McDermott disagreed Terry said:

Obviously when I say its a group effort, its just like everything else I think most businesses do in their life. If somebody feels more strongly about something than somebody else then maybe you lean in that direction, Pegula said.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-owner-Terry-Pegula-delivers-a-unifying-message/e9f6ce92-103a-46a0-b9e0-31f5fbded5ea

Who is the one that leans in the direction if someone feels strongly?

I think it's quite clear that it's the Pegulas.

Sure, we've known for over a year that the Pegulas like to have things run by them in every case.

They're not going to overrule their personnel dept though.

The truth is that everyone should (and will) be on the same page.

We're kidding ourselves, however, if we think that anything about the football operation has changed since after the coach was hired--The 53 is Whaley, as per himself and Pegula and McDermott. The coaching staff and game day 46 is McDermott.

Whaley's job is to stock the roster with talent. He should absolutely be considering what his coach likes in a player when he turns in the draft card (he clearly did so with Rex), but not to the point where he drafts for need, as most smart fans have come to know that that's a sucker bet.

"If somebody feels more strongly about something than somebody else then maybe you lean in that direction" with regard to the tenth pick.

That is someone (literally anyone) feels stronger than whaley and they draft that first round pick that will be on the 53 then Whaley doesnt have control.

Logic dictates that literally anyone in the draft room having stronger feelings than Whaley can persuade the draft choice that persons way rather than Whaley. Terry Pegual the owner stated that. Yet you clearly have no idea what the word logic means.

So by your " logic", the intern that runs for coffee in the draft room can convince Pegula to draft someone?

:lol:

You're off your rocker here.

Argue with the big 3; they're the ones that have said repeatedly that Doug has final say over the 53.

I'm out.

Sure, we've known for over a year that the Pegulas like to have things run by them in every case.

They're not going to overrule their personnel dept though.

The truth is that everyone should (and will) be on the same page.

We're kidding ourselves, however, if we think that anything about the football operation has changed since after the coach was hired--The 53 is Whaley, as per himself and Pegula and McDermott. The coaching staff and game day 46 is McDermott.

Whaley's job is to stock the roster with talent. He should absolutely be considering what his coach likes in a player when he turns in the draft card (he clearly did so with Rex), but not to the point where he drafts for need, as most smart fans have come to know that that's a sucker bet.

So by your " logic", the intern that runs for coffee in the draft room can convince Pegula to draft someone?

:lol:

You're off your rocker here.

Argue with the big 3; they're the ones that have said repeatedly that Doug has final say over the 53.

I'm out.

I'm not arguing with anyone. Im repeating what Terry stated with regard to the first round pick selection who will most likely make the 53:

If you are having a hard time try some logic.

I'm not arguing with anyone. Im repeating what Terry stated with regard to the first round pick selection who will most likely make the 53:

If you are having a hard time try some logic.

You're missing a very important nuance in the statement... It's "maybe you lean in that direction". Nothing about that statements says anything about anyone overruling anyone. It speaks to a tendency where one might persuade the others in the room to see his vision and come to a collective agreement. It's not a decision hierarchy.

Edited by wiskibreth

As I predicted. People are critical of the owners or organization in general not communicating well. But when they communicate then what happens? Critics think they're lying. Why should they bother trying?

Two issues here--

When addressing a crowd of course there's diverse reactions. That doesn't mean everybody is flip flopping.

Similar statements have been flat out lies. Some true. Not all statements are created equal and there's no reason to be blindly trusting (or distrustful)

Two issues here--

When addressing a crowd of course there's diverse reactions. That doesn't mean everybody is flip flopping.

Similar statements have been flat out lies. Some true. Not all statements are created equal and there's no reason to be blindly trusting (or distrustful)

Good points. I object to the assumption they're lying.

This is bananas, guy. The leaps you are taking is like something a crazy person would think when they heard that interview.

This is bananas, guy. The leaps you are taking is like something a crazy person would think when they heard that interview.

Yeah its bananas to think our first rounder would make the 53.

Its also bananas to listen to our owner who stated that a decision could be supplanted by another persons feelings.

Its also bananas to listen to our owner who stated that a decision could be supplanted by another persons feelings.

Well that's silly. It's not middle school. Substitute "qualified professional opinion" with "another persons feelings" and then it doesn't sound so ridiculous. And yes, if one guy feels so-so, and another is all in on someone, I'd probably lean toward the stronger opinion and see how it goes.

Well that's silly. It's not middle school. Substitute "qualified professional opinion" with "another persons feelings" and then it doesn't sound so ridiculous. And yes, if one guy feels so-so, and another is all in on someone, I'd probably lean toward the stronger opinion and see how it goes.

My concern is that You in this scenario, that person who decides which way to lean, shouldn't be the owners. It should be a football person who does the weighing of everyone's opinion.

My concern is that You in this scenario, that person who decides which way to lean, shouldn't be the owners. It should be a football person who does the weighing of everyone's opinion.

I trust them to act as adults. I think it could happen. I don't want the owner deciding either. This type of thing is common in the real business world. Cooperation, collaboration and consensus.

Only "a idiot" argues with a crazy person. You win, sir.

Except thats not what we stated. Russ Brandon is in the room during draft days if he states his heated, uncanny ability to persuade opinion, is it a qualified professional (to state who to draft)? Cmon man. Is overdorf who is in the draft room a qualified professional (to state who to draft)?