Changes coming to Bills front office?

Same old thing here, people believe what they want to believe, as opposed to looking at realities.

Anyone got any solid evidence, that in his time as GM, Whaley has been opposed to any of the picks?

Certainly from the time of Nix, Bills have pretty much been drafting as a consensus, but the guy who pulls the trigger, was Nix, then Whaley.

I've not seen, or heard, anything that makes me think for one moment, that that isn't still going to be the case.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same old thing here, people believe what they want to believe, as opposed to looking at realities.

Anyone got any solid evidence, that in his time as GM, Whaley has been opposed to any of the picks?

Certainly from the time of Nix, Bills have pretty much been drafting as a consensus, but the guy who pulls the trigger, was Nix, then Whaley.

I've not seen, or heard, anything that makes me think for one moment, that that isn't still going to be the case.

Its straight from the mouth of the owner of the team. 2013-2016 is not now. When asked in 2017 whether Whaley has the final call at the end of the collaborative process, Pegula balked at that notion and offered 'maybe if someone feels strongly' etc. People will interpret it how they want, as you say, but to me it seems clear Whaley doesn't have that authority at this time. It's straight from the owner of the team.

Again, with the way Whaley was operating as GM, can you blame him?

It's not as though you can reasonably expect a guy not to plan for the possibility he may have to move on. Marrone was under no obligation to not work if he exercised his option.

The owner wasn't under any obligation, no. But it may not have cost him the best coach we've had in 12 years and $60M dollars and the destruction of the most talented Bills roster in a decade.

From a contractual standpoint Marrone acted unethically. I'm not naive and a purist when discussing how things actually work in life and business. But searching for another job with another team in the NFL while bound by a contract is not permissible. The Jets were interested in his services. However, when stories came out about it they quickly disassociated themselves from him because they were well aware of the tampering implications. I may be wrong and would invite legal input from others but it was unethical and a breach of contract for him to apply for another position while under contract without the knowledge and permission of the company he was working under. That violation of terms of contract also did hapen with his under the table application for the Univ. of Michigan job.

I'm not a Marrone basher. But let's be frank here he was an insufferable pricck. He was a tough person to deal with and a tough act to be around. Whaley made plenty of mistakes in his job but Marrone also made plenty of mistakes too. Whether he left when he left odds are that his marriage to the organization was not going to be a long lasting relationship.

Pegula is a new owner and an earnest owner. You won't find a more supportive owner. I'm confident that Terry and Kim would not allow this fool coach with an autocratic attitude be involved with their business for too long of a duration if he decided to stay.

Edited by JohnC

From a contractual standpoint Marrone acted unethically. I'm not naive and a purist when discussing how things actually work in life and business. But searching for another job with another team in the NFL while bound by a contract is not permissible. The Jets were interested in his services. However, when stories came out about it they quickly disassociated themselves from him because they were well aware of the tampering implications. I may be wrong and would invite legal input from others but it was unethical and a breach of contract for him to apply for another position while under contract without the knowledge and permission of the company he was working under. That violation of terms of contract also did happy with his under the table application for the Univ. of Michigan job.

I'm not a Marrone basher. But let's be frank here he was an insufferable pricck. He was a tough person to deal with and a tough act to be around. Whaley made plenty of mistakes in his job but Marrone also made plenty of mistakes too. Whether he left when he left odds are that his marriage to the organization was not going to be a long lasting relationship.

Pegula is a new owner and an earnest owner. You won't find a more supportive owner. I'm confident that Terry and Kim would not allow this fool coach with an autocratic attitude be involved with their business for too long of a duration if he decided to stay.

But they did offer him an extension.

But they did offer him an extension.

Any way you want to look at the Marrone saga no one can come away from it and say that Marrone was treated poorly. He wanted to leave, so he left. End of story. He was looking to leave and made overtures before his buy out clause expired. That in itself is questionable behavior. I have no ill will for him. He was far from being a prized coaching commodity. In this league pedestrian coaches are easy to replace.

Any way you want to look at the Marrone saga no one can come away from it and say that Marrone was treated poorly. He wanted to leave, so he left. End of story. He was looking to leave and made overtures before his buy out clause expired. That in itself is questionable behavior. I have no ill will for him. He was far from being a prized coaching commodity. In this league pedestrian coaches are easy to replace.

He comes across as a world-class jerk. I'm glad he's gone.

Why does Pegula have to explain himself to anyone? He doesnt have to disclose how things work behind closed doors. An owner doest have to know as much about football as a coach or about players as a GM to still be involved in decisions. He can have an opinion based on what options and supporting info is presented to him. We dont even know for sure how much Pegula is involved with signing players. Obviously he signed off on Incognito but second and third tier free agents I am guessing he is just informed that they are going to sign them.

....exactly......needs to take Public Relations 101 at Belichick University.....could be the final straw for Nefarious Jerry S....but who cares...............

Yes. They are.

Schneider was not forced on Carroll when Carroll was named HC/Team President. They hired Carroll first and then Carroll had a say in the hiring of Schneider. You'll also notice that the owner is no where involved in any decisions.

It is much different than what the Bills are presenting right now.

The Bills have a GM that found a coach. The Bills are presenting them as a united team just like in Seattle.

And if you believe that I've got some Bills merchandise to sell you.

I understandd you'd rather believe a guy like LaCanfora who is wrong 90% of the time rather than actual statements by the principals involved.

I asked before if there is anything OBD would ever say that you'd believe?

I understandd you'd rather believe a guy like LaCanfora who is wrong 90% of the time rather than actual statements by the principals involved.

What I believe has nothing to do with the CBS report. Watch the Pegula video where he couldn't answer basic questions about his business.

.....him?....are you kidding?.......ain't NEVER happening............

.....him?....are you kidding?.......ain't NEVER happening............

I just believed what Terry Pegula said when asked questions about his business. Maybe you guys are the ones with problems in trusting the words coming out of the owner's mouth.

What I believe has nothing to do with the CBS report. Watch the Pegula video where he couldn't answer basic questions about his business.

What on earth are you jabbering about ? Which questions did Pegula not answer??

And I find your statement quite ironic when you have not answered oldman's simple question. Twice

I watched the video. There was one question you refer to, not questions. Most all his responses were fine.

What on earth are you jabbering about ? Which questions did Pegula not answer??

And I find your statement quite ironic when you have not answered oldman's simple question. Twice

His was a rhetorical question which I answered anyway.

I have covered this a million times here. If you are too busy to go back and read the thread then watch the video for yourself where the owner of the Bills couldn't say who will make the decisions for the Bills in the draft room.