Why Not Kick the Can on Adrian Peterson

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can AP play full back? I think our FBs have 20 touches a game to spread around.....Teeheehee

I heard Christopher Walken when I read that.

"If Bruce Dickinson wants more fullback, then we should probably give it to him".

Stop making threads just for the sake of hearing yourself talk. Not happening so why even do this?

I have less threads started than 95% of BBMB refugees and I've been here for years.

Funny, but the OP's join date was in 2015.

Not going to lie, I thought the same thing.

The Bills are doing things to show they are committed to the run, why not really prove it?

McCoy doesn't get that many carries for being a true number one RB. Having each guy run the ball 15 times a game doesn't even seem that farfetched.

I'm sure Peterson wouldn't mind running behind the best rushing O line group in the NFL.

Bottom line.... IT SELLS TICKETS.

I see no harm in trying to get him here, I don't think the "contender" really want him. This is a QB league. The contenders usually have the best QBs and don't want to deal with a guy who wants the rock a lot.

Funny, but the OP's join date was in 2015.

This time of year so much happens and I check here before I go anywhere else. I don't have Twitter, I have Yolo and 26cb. I bypass Walter Football and read Blokes and others.

When I want a laugh I read JimmySpags & old YeeZus posts.

I can be highly critical of Whaley and the Bills front office at times, but I do like what they have done so far and if this is the roster going into the draft, I would be okay with it. We do have some money to spend though and if we do not re-sign Zach Brown why not see if Adrian Peterson would be interested.

I would think at this point, both Brown and Peterson are getting one year deals with some incentives. I don't think the money would be a problem. We give Peterson a one year deal and if he is done we really don't have to worry about it going forward. I realize it would be hard to sell him on a deal with incentives with McCoy on the roster, but you could make those incentives weighted more towards the teams performance.

The thing is, if Peterson has at least one great year left in him, and I think he does, you would have easily one of the greatest single season running back duos of all-time. Mike Gillislee is nice, but he is not signed and he is not close to a healthy Adrian Peterson assuming Peterson has something left. Imagine spelling McCoy with Adrian Peterson and having defensive coordinators worrying about that. Also McCoy is always dinged up. He usually doesn't have major injuries, but he misses a game here or there and it would be nice to have another top back when that happens.

Why do I think this could work? I realize we have a new coaching staff, but I expect the Offense to be similar to last season. We have a great run offense and Peterson would still get a decent amount of carries. Peterson could be the short yardage back instead of Tolbert, who I don't think is a lock to make the roster anyways. The one thing I like about having an offense built to run the ball, is the defenses are built to stop the pass. I think having a 1-2 punch of Shady and AP, with proper coaching, could make this offense pretty tough to stop.

MG has more to give IMO than AP, but even if AP could recapture some of his Elite form, I seriously doubt he wants to share the rock with McCoy. But going back to my original point, we have a three headed rushing monster already that was first in the league last year in TT, McCoy, and MG...so dont know adding AP to the mix makes any sense really. Plus, if AP is going to leave Minny on some cheap 1 year deal, I doubt a team searching for a way back to the playoffs is his first choice.

Raiders, Packers, Colts, Giants, Pats, Saints, etc all make a lot more sense for him. Even Seattle, Denver, and Bucs all would be better choices for him at this stage of his career. Those teams are either playoff potential teams with big needs at RB where he could potentially be the man, or teams who are not only strong playoff contenders, but could push for a SB where AP could be a strong compliment to their existing ground game (like Pats, Sea and Den).

So dont really see how this would make any sense for Bills or AP to be honest.

This time of year so much happens and I check here before I go anywhere else. I don't have Twitter, I have Yolo and 26cb. I bypass Walter Football and read Blokes and others.

When I want a laugh I read JimmySpags & old YeeZus posts.

Well, aren't you sweet?

Also, Peterson can go run full-tilt into the OL somewhere else.

But... kick the can... down the road? Means to keep putting something off.

I have no idea what's going on around here anymore.

Anyone ever play kick the can when you were kids? Mom (from Buffalo) taught us. It was fun.

We already have 50% of the players on the roster dedicated to rushing the football we dont need another one who will demand a large cap hit thats why..

Kind of what I thought. We're already spending a lot of money to have a good rushing attack. I don't think it's wise to spend more when we have areas of weakness still waiting to be addressed.

Plus, I'm not sure what AP adds at this point. Do you pull McCoy out sometimes to put AP in - which is probably a downgrade at this point in AP's career. And if you aren't pulling McCoy, you're simply paying AP to ride the pine.

The only way it would make sense is if McCoy got injured. But I'd hate to predict - and count on - that.

But... kick the can... down the road? Means to keep putting something off.

I have no idea what's going on around here anymore.

I guess that's the choice. Do you kick the can down the road or do you kick the tires?