Any way you slice it Kaepernick represents good value

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a terrible QB. He couldn't even play in an offense (Chip Kelly) that is basically designed for a guy like him. Chip is an awful coach, but there are better backup QB's available. Plus, TT has one bad game and then people are going to be "put Kap in." No thanks. Don't need THAT distraction. (in addition to the other HUGE one this no-QB talent jerk brings).

Kap should go the Pryor route and try another position.

Edited by RyanC883

He is a terrible QB. He couldn't even play in an offense (Chip Kelly) that is basically designed for a guy like him. Chip is an awful coach, but there are better backup QB's available. Plus, TT has one bad game and then people are going to be "put Kap in." No thanks. Don't need THAT distraction. (in addition to the other HUGE one this no-QB talent jerk brings).

Kap should go the Pryor route and try another position.

He couldn't? 16 TDs - 4 picks, his efficiency numbers were pretty similar to a few years ago when he was surrounded by MUCH more talent and was the toast of the league, the only really concerning thing was 7 fumbles. He certainly needs to bulk back up, but he wasn't terrible last year, especially considering what was around him.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/03/colin_kaepernick_ignored_by_th.html#incart_river_index

• Super Bowl experience
  • great wheels
  • still in his prime

Politics aside the guy can still play and yes I was at the 49ers game last year. This would be a no risk acquisition with all upside and I would support it.

Absolutely not. Not only is he an !@#$, he just isn't as good as he thinks he is.

No politics NOT aside. He is a PR disaster and I know A LOT of guys who would be done with this team with him on it. F Him

nah, he's a pr nightmare for bigots. funny, silent protest equals hatred for america, and freedom, but rapists, abusers and drug addicts = SIGN 'EM, please, go make love to your confederate flag.

Kap Helps Acquire Place to Deliver Food to Somalia

America was (partially) founded on protest. I don't get how you can hate a guy for peacefully protesting...

It's one of our rights as American citizens. It's part of what makes this country so great. Freedom of speech is a constitutional right. I will never forget what a veteran friend once said - freedom of speech is one of the things he fought for, so someone expressing their constitutional right is not disrespecting him at all. It's honoring what he fought to preserve.

Anyway...

He would not be my first choice, but I'd take Kaepernick as a cheap veteran backup QB. I'd only be interested if he came cheap enough, though. He plays a similar style to TT, so the offense could pretty much stay the same if Tyrod happened to miss any games, and I don't trust Cardale in the backup spot yet.

I think the Bills could use a veteran backup QB (not necessarily Kaep). I think a good veteran QB could do Tyrod and Cardale some good. Not really sure Kaepernick is the right guy for that, though. I want an experienced, team first type guy who would be willing to help mentor Tyrod and Cardale.

You don't know them. But they work very, very hard. Believe me, because i don't know them, either..

ftfy

to say you can only gain weight by eating meat is absurd. There are many exceptional vegan athletes.

it is not absurd. nor did i say he had to eat meat. but, excellent misunderstanding and testimony of lack of a reading ability. *high five*

While you're at it you could boycott Hawaii as well..

while he is boycotting hawaii, could you please pick up a book on grammar, you're going to be needing it. your lacking in the grammar department is making me miss the days of yore when posters could articulate correctly without such irony. *high five*

ps, hawaii sucks.

Edited by Boyst62

One of my favorite quotes was from a lifelong 9ers fan when texting him in 2015 about what happened to his team?

"Colin became too cocky, never learned from his mistakes. Defenses figured him out. You get Colin frustrated early, game over. He became arrogant when coaches tried to show him what he was doing wrong in games. He didn't care. Still thinking he knew better."

nah, he's a pr nightmare for bigots. funny, silent protest equals hatred for america, and freedom, but rapists, abusers and drug addicts = SIGN 'EM, please, go make love to your confederate flag.

Kap Helps Acquire Place to Deliver Food to Somalia

this is not what the thread is about. why is reading comprehension so hard for so many? the only one proving to be a bigot here is you and the folks who quickly label all those they wish to not accept as intolerant. your bigotry and ignorance are not to be shared in such a poor fashion on this site, as this is about football. please take it to ppp where there is a topic right there at the top for you to bloviate in...

Kaepernick breaks off an 80 yard TD run and doesn't pant or hit the oxygen mask

He obviously works pretty hard to be in such elite shape.

I don't love him but he's just as good as our qb.

he's not in jon daly shape, but he tries hard.

being as good as tyrod taylor isn't all that difficult because he is an elite athlete who can play qb. qb for qb play, taylor is better. athletically, kaepernick maybe better. but as john c points out there is no much of a reason to want to go with kaepernick as a prosect going forward, his career is stagnant and he won't likely return to above average talent.