Pats making a final push? Brady exit plan?

Virgil

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking Brady only has two years left is wishful and naive.

If they don't trade Jimmy, I think that's exactly what Belichick is thinking. He may even be thinking 1 more year.

Maybe they're just posturing for a better trade offer, but I'm starting to get pretty worried about JG. I had thought a trade this offseason was inevitable.

It actually wouldn't shock me now to see the Pats win another SB, and then see BB trade Brady to some desperate team for a boatload of picks, so that they can get 1 or 2 years out of him & the Pats can load up for another decade.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

It is obvious, Belichick and Brady want to go 19-0. They have done everything else in football and they were minutes away from achieving the ultimate. They are going for it while Brady is still elite.

If they don't trade Jimmy, I think that's exactly what Belichick is thinking. He may even be thinking 1 more year.

Maybe they're just posturing for a better trade offer, but I'm starting to get pretty worried about JG. I had thought a trade this offseason was inevitable.

It actually wouldn't shock me now to see the Pats win another SB, and then see BB trade Brady to some desperate team for a boatload of picks, so that they can get 1 or 2 years out of him & the Pats can load up for another decade.

They're posturing. That's all. Garappolo's contract will expire before Brady retires and there's no way on God's green Earth that Kraft allows the trade of Brady.

It is obvious, Belichick and Brady want to go 19-0. They have done everything else in football and they were minutes away from achieving the ultimate. They are going for it while Brady is still elite.

This makes the most sense.

This will end someday, Bills fans.

Envy yourselves more than the under-30 Pats fan. They grew up with this. Paid no dues.

When we finally get there, truly nothing will be sweeter.

:lol:

Good luck with that. I'm 43, and I'll pretty much guarantee the Bills won't win one before I die.

This offseason has felt different from the Pats. Giving out big money to players, pulling off trades for high profile players.

I'm wondering if Brady really has told the team that he plans to play for 2 more years, or something like that, so they are just abandoning their normal plan to make sure those last few years are championship runs.

Could be crazy here, but something just feels different.

What is their "normal plan". It's not a championship run?

What sense does this make?

They have him for one more year on his rookie contract, no? Then they will have to pay him. Since they didn't get their price this year, they are hoping he sits on the bench all next year and then they can sign him for much less than he is worth right now.

I don't think it's that out of the 'ordinary' for them. They have regularly dived into FA after WRs, probably because they are about as good at drafting them, as the Ravens are, which is not very. ;)

Sometimes it's about who is available, and at what price.