How about Chase Daniel for qb2?

I think most of us are in the camp of wanting a vet backup QB. While Jones has a lot of physical ability, he may not be ready yet to be the backup QB. With the recent signing of Nick Foles, the eagles released QB Chase Daniel. A very solid veteran that can excel in the type of offense we are seemingly going to run. With a QB that runs as often as Tyrod, it's important to have a guy ready to go incase of injury. We still have a decent amount of cap room and we only have 2 QBs on the roster. Might this be a good move for the Bills?

I'm good with Chase because he can adequately fill that "vet backup" role that I've wanted. He played with Brees and did EVERYTHING with him. If you can get him on a 1 year deal I'm all for it. Keep Cardale as your developmental guy and then in 2018 you can draft a guy. Cardale will either have developed more or probably be cut.

My guess is he's looking for a place to start. Jets still don't have a starter.....he'll sign as a backup as a last option

I've read the same. Doubt he takes a serious look at us or any team with an established starter, at least until his options narrow.

I think most of us are in the camp of wanting a vet backup QB. While Jones has a lot of physical ability, he may not be ready yet to be the backup QB. With the recent signing of Nick Foles, the eagles released QB Chase Daniel. A very solid veteran that can excel in the type of offense we are seemingly going to run. With a QB that runs as often as Tyrod, it's important to have a guy ready to go incase of injury. We still have a decent amount of cap room and we only have 2 QBs on the roster. Might this be a good move for the Bills?

I should enter a fray armed with names, but I read a depth chart yesterday that lists a 3rd QB -unknown name that slips me right now. Maybe a PS player from last year??Anyway, yes, I'd prefer a vet over another rookie.

He wants to be a starter. After that contract to Tyrod, I don't think Bills are interested in another FA QB. given the structure of Tyrod's contract I believe they are drafting a QB this year or next year.

For me... the #2 QB is there to protect against having the entire season ruined by an injury to the starter. The #3 is the developmental guy. If we keep 2 developing QBs on the roster this year... we're really asking for trouble... especially considering how much Tyrod runs with the ball and takes hits. We have to sign a back-up that can play right now if needed.

No point when you are looking for a starting QB you don't need bad backups.

Don't be stupid and ask for a veteran QB that won't give you ****. He won't help you win games and won't get you into the playoffs.

Don't know how many times it needs to be said but I guess for the new guy it needs to be said one more time.

At this point it seems like just the Jets are in the market for a "starting" QB. Cleveland doesn't seem to care who their QB is (other than wanting Jimmy) and every other seat (besides Houston if Romo goes to Denver) has a body in it. It would serve the Jets to just lowball any potential starting QB to see if they'll take it due to lack of other options and on the same token it would serve guys like Cutler / Daniel / Kaep to sit on the market for a bit and wait for an injury to open something up.

Taylor is still going to take a ton of hits, he took a lot last year that I was surprised he got up from. From me this year is just a push for a wildcard to break the playoff curse and if it is the Bills will need a solid backup to achieve it.

This is a rebuilding year. If we were pushing to the playoffs we would have kept Gilmore and perhaps Williams & Graham and likely targeted a legitimate WR2 in FA. The fact we didn't put "Post June 1" designations on Williams and Graham and haven't been active in the FA market outside some fringe moves shows this is a rebuilding year IMO, we are rinsing off a fair amount of dead money, leaving opportunities for young players to step up in the lineup all over the place and resetting the cap. This year is about finding out who fits what McD wants to establish and putting ourselves in position to get guys we need in the future.