Chad Kelly: drafted by Denver

HOUSE

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he's still there with our second next pick, take him. If he keeps his **** together then we won't have to dump two firsts and whatever to move up to take a qb next year and we can start to be solid team all around.

Oh and Chad, your gonna live at your Uncles for a couple years.

Edited by beerme1

Draft him and stash him on IR, then you don't have to cut Cardale until Kelly beats him out the following year.

Yeah, that's a good idea... maybe they could sign Troy Vincent to a one day contract and take out Kelly's knee late in pre-season. Then we could kinda red-shirt him.

Yeah, that's a good idea... maybe they could sign Troy Vincent to a one day contract and take out Kelly's knee late in pre-season. Then we could kinda red-shirt him.

Lol he is already hurt. The Pats do this all the time. Players they want to develop come down with some crazy injuries.

If this guy's name was Chad Williams, with same skill, same stats, same attitude/issues, same injury problems, this place would blow up if the Bills used a pick on him.

My biggest problem with him? His major injuries. He makes glass Goodwin look like an iron man!

If this guy's name was Chad Williams, with same skill, same stats, same attitude/issues, same injury problems, this place would blow up if the Bills used a pick on him.

My biggest problem with him? His major injuries. He makes glass Goodwin look like an iron man!

That's tough to extrapolate to. Graham was a track guy, skinny and undersized. He also was pretty tough but subject to injuries sprinters get like hamstring and groin injuries. He also had somewhat of a fluke hand injury (although it is possible he's just brittle). Kelly is inarguably tough. Some guys have bad luck and others good luck. Kelly is not brittle at all. Or undersized. I doubt that he is brittle.

Kelly is going to succeed or fail based on two things, both of which are related to his head. Either he is going to sabotage his career by being an idiot or he is not going to become a solid NFL QB or even star becaus he doesn't react to pressure in the game and make good football decisions in the pocket. Both of those things are big question marks.

Chad can be a reincarnation of one of two people. Uncle Jim Kelly or Johnny Manziel. I believe the kid has the fire to be the former rather than the latter and we should make this happen. Biggest value pick ever!

He's def worth a 5h rd pick.

You don't need a 3rd stringer?

Yes, of course. Almost always. The point is they need a veteran backup because Cardale is still raw. So Yates is almost a sure roster spot unless Cardale blows them away in camp and preseason. So if they draft Kelly, either he or Cardale are going to be cut. And there are not going to be a lot of reps or playing time in preseason for the 3-4 when installing a new offense. So to me, if you think Cardale has any chance of being a player in the future, drafting Kelly is not a good idea.

What I said in my post was, if no team drafts Kelly, then we should sign him, because if we cut him the chances are good that we can then sign him to the PS. If he is good enough around the league to be drafted in the 4-5 round, then he likely wouldn't last on the PS.

I think he has a chance, like a 5-10% chance of being a solid NFL career. But 5-10% is probably bigger than a ton of late round draft picks in the last 20 years. Many of them have virtually no chance. He has all the tools. Most QBs drafted after the 3-4 don't.

The only way, however, imo it makes sense for the Bills is if he is undrafted. Which seems unlikely. We don't have a 7th. Maybe we take him with the 6th. But then we would have to say goodbye to Cardale in order to keep him, unless Cardale plays great in camp and preseason, Yates tanks, and Chad looks good in very limited reps and action. If he is drafted in the 5th round, and then cut, chances are some team will sign him as a 3. Not guaranteed at all but as a long shot development #3 he's probably as good a chance as a lot of others.

So, IMO, it would not be smart for the Bills to draft him unless they really like him. If no one drafts him then we can sign him as a UDFA and there is a decent chance he can be signed to PS.

I'm not so sure that Yates has to tank in order to be cut, if they saw more potential in Jones and Kelly-- both could have a high ceiling. It's been said, and seems likely that Yates was primarily brought in because of his familiarity with Dennison's system. That shouldn't be such an issue in September, right?

I'm not so sure that Yates has to tank in order to be cut, if they saw more potential in Jones and Kelly-- both could have a high ceiling. It's been said, and seems likely that Yates was primarily brought in because of his familiarity with Dennison's system. That shouldn't be such an issue in September, right?

The question, like for every team in the league with their backup, is how far the offense will fall over several games, or the entire season should the starter go down. I would imagine, unless Cardale makes a huge, huge jump, that McDermott and Dennison would believe the season is totally shot if Cardale has to play ten games but not necessarily so if Yates has to play ten games. If the difference in their minds is somewhat close, then Yates is possibly expendable, although they may believe he would be a help to Tyrod the way Alex Van Pelt or Frank Reich was a help to Kelly.

The question, like for every team in the league with their backup, is how far the offense will fall over several games, or the entire season should the starter go down. I would imagine, unless Cardale makes a huge, huge jump, that McDermott and Dennison would believe the season is totally shot if Cardale has to play ten games but not necessarily so if Yates has to play ten games. If the difference in their minds is somewhat close, then Yates is possibly expendable, although they may believe he would be a help to Tyrod the way Alex Van Pelt or Frank Reich was a help to Kelly.

Having a QB that knows the system and his place on the team could really benefit Tyrod Taylor in my humble opinion.

You mean like the alleged rapist that went in the first round last night?

See how you even used the word alleged... there is already video proof showing holes in the girls story. Guilty or not, all we know is allegedly something happened.

That's really not the case with Kelly. Nothing is implied or alleged, the kids screw ups are legit

Cardale wouldn't last. He really can't throw the ball. The only thing he has over Kelly is he stays healthy.

Lmao, amaking. Cardale can't throw the ball- the kid they called 12 gage because of his arm can't throw the ball.