5 ways Bills WR Corey Philly Brown will help the team

pbanach

From the Article:

Good route runner: One of the knocks on his game leaving Ohio State was that Brown was an undefined route runner and had average speed in and out of his breaks. That’s seemingly improved since he entered the NFL as Brown now displays good footwork and spatial awareness when running his routes. As Cover1 Writer/Podcaster Kevin Massare pointed out, this highlight video shows his improvement and proficiency in his route-running.

That's an interesting take, considering the 2015 video posted in the signing thread, his routes looked lazy. Now I will say that I can't find any videos of his 2016 season, so he may have improved. The stop route was the only one that seemed to catch defenders off stride. Otherwise he was not crisp in his footwork.

What is interesting is the Punt Return capabilities. I wasn't aware this was something that he had done well in the past. That's a great aspect of the signing. Here's to hoping he's an valuable contributor this season!

From the Article:

That's an interesting take, considering the 2015 video posted in the signing thread, his routes looked lazy. Now I will say that I can't find any videos of his 2016 season, so he may have improved. The stop route was the only one that seemed to catch defenders off stride. Otherwise he was not crisp in his footwork.

What is interesting is the Punt Return capabilities. I wasn't aware this was something that he had done well in the past. That's a great aspect of the signing. Here's to hoping he's an valuable contributor this season!

he was better in the NFL than at tOSU. Cut and paste for every buckeye WR.

From the Article:

shhhh. He is getting stealing clicks!!!

I live in Charlotte and watched all 16 Panther games, couldn't have been a a worse pick up for our offense. They're 100% thinking he can replace goodwin as the deep threat as his Go Routes were always solid, but he had one of the highest drop rates in the league. There was a game where he dropped 2 wide open TD's, so get used to seeing some drops this year although i'm sure it'll be called Tyrod's fault on here.

It's hard to understand complaints that we don't have depth, and then see complaints that a depth signing isn't a guaranteed star. The guy will be #3 or 4, play ST. This is how rosters are filled out.

I think most folks wanted a WR better or as good as Woods to replace him.

I live in Charlotte and watched all 16 Panther games, couldn't have been a a worse pick up for our offense. They're 100% thinking he can replace goodwin as the deep threat as his Go Routes were always solid, but he had one of the highest drop rates in the league. There was a game where he dropped 2 wide open TD's, so get used to seeing some drops this year although i'm sure it'll be called Tyrod's fault on here.

I don't believe that's their thinking (your 100% may not mean what you think it means :nana: )

Remember they drafted Kolby Listenbee and stashed him on IR last year. I think they intend Listenbee to be the deep threat burner Goodwin replacement.

Goodwin wasn't immune from drops. He caught 43% of his targets and is listed at 2.9% drops. Philly Brown isn't elite with 51% catch percentage but is listed as 0% drops! So what you perceive as drops, are apparently not perceived that way by the analysts (has to hit his hands to be a drop). 51% catch percentage isn't good (some elite WR manage 75%, WR who draw high degree of difficulty throws maybe 65%), but it's better than Goodwin.

I think Listenbee is seen as the heir apparent to Goodwin's deep threat ability.

Versatility, and depth in most cases, seems to be the theme with our signings so far.

I'm indifferent on this signing. Provides depth and versatility, but expecting him to put up #2, maybe even #3 numbers is setting the bar too high, especially in this offense. His biggest constructions will probably be on ST.

The Bills are probably going to draft a WR in the first couple of rounds. That should push Brown down to #3 or #4 at best.

I think the Bills will be an attractive team to undrafted FAs.

Also, I only counted 4 ways he can help. Hopefully he ends up providing a 5th.

I did see am add in the article for 5 things you shouldn't eat...

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat

Versatility, and depth in most cases, seems to be the theme with our signings so far.

I'm indifferent on this signing. Provides depth and versatility, but expecting him to put up #2, maybe even #3 numbers is setting the bar too high, especially in this offense. His biggest constructions will probably be on ST.

The Bills are probably going to draft a WR in the first couple of rounds. That should push Brown down to #3 or #4 at best.

I think the Bills will be an attractive team to undrafted FAs.

Also, I only counted 4 ways he can help. Hopefully he ends up providing a 5th.

I did see am add in the article for 5 things you shouldn't eat...

I have nothing to add or debate in your post. I just like your screen name.

This is a cheap ST/depth signing. We need players like this. Anyone who thinks they are bringing this guy in to be a major contributor on offense needs to settle down. JMO

I think he's got a shot to see the field some. I think we look to upgrade TE2 and WR2 in the draft, i don't see us as a team using a 6th Olineman as much as we did the past 2 seasons.