Philly Brown signed

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dont get me wrong....im not making a case for this new wr I dont know anything about him to even do that

What i am saying is.....what was the prioritization of these two wr's on these two teams......now many snaps played for each.....goodwin was a number 1 option on a run heavy team.....was brown the 3rd read on a pass happy team?

Goodwin was barely ever our number one option. Brown was not on a pass happy team, but a team that ran less than us. With a better QB.

And Goodwin got less than 1 more target a game. Who cares if you're the fifth option or the first if you see the same number of targets?

expect not much more than tj graham, donald jones or david nelson was able to offer. he's nothing remarkable. a decent #4. stats are increased thanks to pass happy carolina offense and lack of quality above him due to injuries at time. still, not disappointed just not over the top floored.

Are you comparing him to Graham or Nelson? Because TJ Graham was unfit to carry David Nelson's jock.

Goodwin was barely ever our number one option. Brown was not on a pass happy team, but a team that ran less than us. With a better QB.

And Goodwin got less than 1 more target a game. Who cares if you're the fifth option or the first if you see the same number of targets?

Not really looking to fight over this one

but this past year Goodwin WAS a number 1 option because Sammy and Robert missed a lot of time to injury.

This all then boils over into the lack of quality target thing for the QB you hate so much but I really dont want to derail the thread so leave it at that

This is a bad joke, right???

I just listened to the guys on Charlotte sports talk WFNZ saluting D. Gettlemen for finally giving up hope on the P.Brown experiment.

And we should be giving Whaley props for giving up on the Goodwin experiment. Brown is at least a football player not a sprinter/long jumper trying to be a football player. Brown takes a hit and gets back up..something Goodwin could never do. Goodwin got $2.8 million for 2 years -- lets see what Brown got before we trash this. The Bills got a #4/PR whose more reliable and cheaper than Goodwin I bet.

Edited by JoeF

This is how teams get built. Not every pickup is a bolder headline and topic on pti.

Draft a wr in the 1st and we suddenly look okay at wr. Add a guy like Aiken or Wright on top of that, and we're actually deep at wr.

Gotta give the offseason more than a week.

Not really looking to fight over this one

but this past year Goodwin WAS a number 1 option because Sammy and Robert missed a lot of time to injury.

This all then boils over into the lack of quality target thing for the QB you hate so much but I really dont want to derail the thread so leave it at that

You avoided the question. What difference is there between being the #2 and the #3 option if you see the same targets?

Are you comparing him to Graham or Nelson? Because TJ Graham was unfit to carry David Nelson's jock.

yes, i am.

the ability they offered our team to make it a better team is equal to what brown will offer.

He has done well with fa's in general. Some of the more panicky comments here mirror what we heard about lorax and brown last year.

He's been okay, not sure he gets cart Blanche to not be questioned.

He's had plenty of FA's who suck. Like all the FA's we signed at WR since he's been GM.