Patriots Complete Trade for Brandin Cooks

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The team that won the Super Bowl last year and wins the division every year, is not satisfied. They try to get better and find creative ways to add good players all of the time. They try and get better everyday. We are the furthest thing from set, and yet we are sitting around waiting for dust to settle to sign somebody's #5 receiver.

LaughCanfora is saying that Butler is included in the trade.

Pats* are mortgaging the future for the last couple years of Brady's career.

And now he just had to confirm Butler isn't included. Dude is a dancing monkey.

Edited by sodbuster

The team that won the Super Bowl last year and wins the division every year, is not satisfied. They try to get better and find creative ways to add good players all of the time. They try and get better everyday. We are the furthest thing from set, and yet we are sitting around waiting for dust to settle to sign somebody's #5 receiver.

They have Tom Brady...

LaughCanfora is saying that Butler is included in the trade.

Pats* are mortgaging the future for the last couple years of Brady's career.

And now he just had to confirm Butler isn't included. Dude is a dancing monkey.

Haven't seen Butler in the deal from any other source.

They have Tom Brady...

i don't understand the post? So in theory they would have less reason to go out and sign difference makers at WR. Brady being as good as he is can make average WRs look great. I feel as if what you are saying is the opposite of why they are more aggressive then us. The truth is they are an organization that is all about winning and we are somebody else.

i don't understand the post? So in theory they would have less reason to go out and sign difference makers at WR. Brady being as good as he is can make average WRs look great. I feel as if what you are saying is the opposite of why they are more aggressive then us. The truth is they are an organization that is all about winning and we are somebody else.

You don't understand? No wonder why the other site got shut down... A ton of new members have no brains. Those poor good new members had to deal with these people.

Patriots have been neglecting the WR position for years, and just signed Hogan from us and won the Super Bowl......

Edited by What a Tuel

Get the pick at 12? :sick:

i have to think so. Patriots are always about acquiring picks!

either they take their QB of the future, OR, they are not going to be able to resign Hightower and they go LB there, either foster or the kid from Temple

Before everyone goes off the deep end here...lets remember Cooks has played his whole career with a QB who averaged 5000 yards per season during Cooks career in the NFL.

He's never had more than 84 catches, even as the primary target.

Had only 78 this year in 16 games.

Never had a 1200 yard season.

This is not Randy Moss part 2. Yes he is a talented WR, but lets not over react...its not like Cooks all of a sudden challenges Moss receiving records in NE. I mean he played with one of the most prolific passers in NFL history and still put up good but not great numbers.

AND...and this is a big AND...who cares. Until Brady retires, the Pats are one of the top 2 or 3 picks to win the SB every year. This didn't change anything.

Pay some undrafted free agent to deliver late hits to Brady until he gets kicked out of game. Then do it again the 2nd game. That strategy would be more effective than anything we've done the past 15 years.

Exactly just dive at his knees, make his knee bend the other way.

Before everyone goes off the deep end here...lets remember Cooks has played his whole career with a QB who averaged 5000 yards per season during Cooks career in the NFL.

This is not Randy Moss part 2. Yes he is a talented WR, but lets not over react...its not like Cooks all of a sudden challenges Moss receiving records in NE. I mean he played with one of the most prolific passers in NFL history and still put up good but not great numbers.

AND...and this is a big AND...who cares. Until Brady retires, the Pats are one of the top 2 or 3 picks to win the SB every year. This didn't change anything.

It's not about one single player. It's the entire arsenal along with the guy pulling the trigger.

I agree with this. Cooks is a fine player, but certainly not a game breaker. The Saints had no hesitation sending him out of town as soon as they got the value they wanted.

It's not about one single player. It's the entire arsenal along with the guy pulling the trigger.

To be fair, who knows with Gronk, and they lost Bennett. So they did lose people. I think its an upgrade, and it sucks but we will see how they look in September.

Edit: Thought Amendola was gone? When did they sign Dwayne Allen? They have been busy.

Edited by What a Tuel

So the Patriots don't have a 1st, 2nd or 3rd round pick in this year's draft now?

That's unusual for them.You usually don't see the Pats notmpicking until the 4th round of the draft, or signing free agents to high price long term contracts with lots of guaranteed money. Maybe they are going all in on next season? Or maybe they have a trade in the works for Jimmy G to recoup a number of the lost picks.

So the Patriots don't have a 1st, 2nd or 3rd round pick in this year's draft now?

That's unusual for them.You usually don't see the Pats notmpicking until the 4th round of the draft, or signing free agents to high price long term contracts with lots of guaranteed money. Maybe they are going all in on next season? Or maybe they have a trade in the works for Jimmy G to recoup a number of the lost picks.

I really think the pats are going to make that trade...they WANT picks...always. They will get 2 picks from the Browns...at least.

I'd bet on the Jimmy G option. That would be quite the grand slam for this soul eating franchise.

You don't understand? No wonder why the other site got shut down... A ton of new members have no brains. Those poor good new members had to deal with these people.

Who might need a WR like Cooks more? Tyrod or Brady? A qb that is a middle of the road starter with only 1 real passing weapon? Or a guy who is most likely the best QB to ever play the game and can make pedestrian receivers look like pro bowlers? My point was the Patriots are never satisfied and even though they are already great. Working every day to add pieces and get better. That's what winners do. Your response was...they have Tom Brady? What does that have to do with what I'm saying? I don't understand what you don't get about it. They have Brady and yet they still go out and make the moves that we should be making. They are in the business of producing winning football teams and we are in the business of producing excuses and let downs. Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus

Thats my point...adding Cooks didn't suddenly put them out of reach for the Bills to win the division NE was going to win a min of 13 games next year. All Cooks is going to do is take catches away from others, but those catches were going to happen either way. Its not like the Pats were "1 receiver away from being a contender". I would have been more pissed if the Dolphins or Jets had gotten him.

Thats my point...adding Cooks didn't suddenly put them out of reach for the Bills to win the division NE was going to win a min of 13 games next year. All Cooks is going to do is take catches away from others, but those catches were going to happen either way. Its not like the Pats were "1 receiver away from being a contender". I would have been more pissed if the Dolphins or Jets had gotten him.

They didn't just add Cooks...