Welcome Micah Hyde

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're pretty much sharing a brain with me in this respect.

No one hates the Pats more than me, but the best thing is for them to load up on all the best players. Because the other teams need them more than they do. I'd rather them have Brandin Cooks for example than the Saints, who we need to beat this year and I've already chalked up the Pats games as losses. Same goes for Gilmore, Dwayne Allen leaving the Colts to go there because we need to play the Colts, etc etc. Plus it ensures they hand Ls to our WC competition. Edited by YoloinOhio

I scoured through several games from 2015 and 2016 to see what kind of player Micah Hyde is. We got a hell of a player on our hands. Take his athletic ability, instincts, play speed, tackling and much more with the Bills new defense and the sky is the limit. He can match up with TEs, Big WRs and RBs..great chess piece..

Full breakdown with a ton of film: http://www.cover1.net/2017/03/free-agent-signing-scb-micah-hyde/

Enjoy

do you think he upgrades the position compared to Aaron Williams, whose health is in question?

We only have one fullback.

Tolbert was signed as a RB.

Ok thanks Bills press release even says FB but either way name the last 270 lb RB?

So guess Teefle knows more than the Bills own FO when they refer to Tolbert

Edited by MAJBobby

No one hates the Pats more than me, but the best thing is for them to load up on all the best players. Because the other teams need them more than they do. I'd rather them have Brandin Cooks for example than the Saints, who we need to beat this year and I've already chalked up the Pats games as losses. Same goes for Gilmore, Dwayne Allen leaving the Colts to go there because we need to play the Colts, etc etc. Plus it ensures they hand Ls to our WC competition.

I get the logic - greater good for the team. But I also think it's dangerous once you start writing off any game as unwinnable.

Ok thanks Bills press release even says FB but either way name the last 270 lb RB?

So guess Teefle knows more than the Bills own FO when they refer to Tolbert

https://buffalonews.com/2017/03/08/bills-reuniting-rbfb-mike-tolbert-coach-sean-mcdermott/

He's also not 270 lbs. Are you always this dramatic and whiny?

Edited by Teeflebees

Sal's on WGR now talking about Micah Hyde. He made an interesting point. McDermott stated yesterday that he can work with just 2 linebackers because he's done that a lot in his career. Sal thinks that Hyde could act as that hybrid in the box safety/linebacker...sort of like what Darron Lee with the Jets and what Jabril Peppers will probably be. I think that makes sense. Brown and Ragland at traditional linebacker spots with Hyde being the hybrid. Seems like the majority of the time, they Bills will be in nickel.

We're supposedly making progress with Lorenzo Alexander. His specialty is rushing the passer. This is me thinking out loud with some packages.

Traditional 4-3

Lawson, Dareus, Williams and Hughes. Alexander, Ragland and Brown.

Nickel is where it can be interesting.

You could have packages in which one of the linebackers comes off the field or in Alexanders case....move to DE. Hyde moves in the box.

Hughes and Lawson/Alexander at ends. Dareus and Williams inside.

You could also have Lawson slide inside on passing downs. Williams and Alexander are in their mid 30's and probably won't be able to stay on the field as much as they used to. This is where Lawson can be versatile at end/DT and of course, 2nd year Adolphus Washington mixing in on the inside.

I'm also thinking that secondary will still be a focus in the draft and maybe another FA vet.

All teams are in the nickel or dime the majority of the time now...probably 55-60% of all snaps

He is a lesser player than Aaron Williams

But is also healthier obviously

thanks for your input,but I was asking the cover1 guy for his thoughts. That said,I have a hard time believing he is a lesser player than AW. I've not been a fan of Aaron's play for the last few years,although I realize he had health issues

He did mention tackling in his assessment,and went on to say we "got a hell of a player on our hands"

Cool now go to the Buffalo Bills Twitter and PR Twitter

You're basing what position he will play because of someone from their PR department?

Really think about it. The guy has played both fullback and RB but for some reason, you're not thinking about that.

The PR department list him as a fullback so now he can't play RB!!

Can someone explain to me why they would only be in 2 LB sets

Wouldnt they want all their LBers to counter act the multiple FB sets advanced NFL teams are using?

It's called "the nickel formation". You may have heard of it.

Snarkiness aside, I would be good with going into a Big Nickel 4-2-5 as the base. Basically, the premise is that you are increasingly getting into a passing league, and you get matchup nightmares like Gronk and Jimmy Graham, or people running the ball out of shotgun spreads like Chan and Chip Kelly like to do.

The pass threat is so deadly that teams now predominantly play the nickel, but it opens up holes for the zone run game. The counter is the "big nickel", bringing in 3 safeties so one can drop into the box while leaving the other two in pure coverage.

If that's what McD is trying to do I am all for it.

You're basing what position he will play because of someone from their PR department?

Really think about it. The guy has played both fullback and RB but for some reason, you're not thinking about that.

The PR department list him as a fullback so now he can't play RB!!

What Did the Bills announce him as the freaking team. What are they showing GIF with look our jew FB has moves.

It's called "the nickel formation". You may have heard of it.

Snarkiness aside, I would be good with going into a Big Nickel 4-2-5 as the base. Basically, the premise is that you are increasingly getting into a passing league, and you get matchup nightmares like Gronk and Jimmy Graham, or people running the ball out of shotgun spreads like Chan and Chip Kelly like to do.

The pass threat is so deadly that teams now predominantly play the nickel, but it opens up holes for the zone run game. The counter is the "big nickel", bringing in 3 safeties so one can drop into the box while leaving the other two in pure coverage.

If that's what McD is trying to do I am all for it.

I know just wanted to make a little dig at our splash of two FBs being day on UFA priorities

Sal's on WGR now talking about Micah Hyde. He made an interesting point. McDermott stated yesterday that he can work with just 2 linebackers because he's done that a lot in his career. Sal thinks that Hyde could act as that hybrid in the box safety/linebacker...sort of like what Darron Lee with the Jets and what Jabril Peppers will probably be. I think that makes sense. Brown and Ragland at traditional linebacker spots with Hyde being the hybrid. Seems like the majority of the time, they Bills will be in nickel.

We're supposedly making progress with Lorenzo Alexander. His specialty is rushing the passer. This is me thinking out loud with some packages.

Traditional 4-3

Lawson, Dareus, Williams and Hughes. Alexander, Ragland and Brown.

Nickel is where it can be interesting.

You could have packages in which one of the linebackers comes off the field or in Alexanders case....move to DE. Hyde moves in the box.

Hughes and Lawson/Alexander at ends. Dareus and Williams inside.

You could also have Lawson slide inside on passing downs. Williams and Alexander are in their mid 30's and probably won't be able to stay on the field as much as they used to. This is where Lawson can be versatile at end/DT and of course, 2nd year Adolphus Washington mixing in on the inside.

I'm also thinking that secondary will still be a focus in the draft and maybe another FA vet.

Really good stuff. I say we are going CB at 10 or trade down a few spots, get another pick then take CB. DB is so damn deep this year you can get a 2nd round talent in the 4th possibly. I can see us getting two DB's at least in this draft and let McDermott do what he did in Carolina with them.