We are up to 31.2 Mill in Cap room, But why do we need it?

Think about this for a minute. If they go big with 2 TE's, WR, RB, FB then they really don't need to worry if Watkins is injured. They can just plug someone else in there or go with 3 TE's. They are much bigger than WR and will be a lot harder for corners to cover. It's brilliant. TE's cost less than WR as well. BRILLIANT!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One WR and one Starting corner will come from this draft as deep as it is.

Ok thats damn funny :w00t:

I have yet to see whaley draft a starting wr caliber player thqt didnt require 3 draft picks. Im not going to hold my breqth. Cb i agree. Now if they wait until round 5 for a cb then no I wont agree that the cb is a true1/2 starting caliber cb.

Think about this for a minute. If they go big with 2 TE's, WR, RB, FB then they really don't need to worry if Watkins is injured. They can just plug someone else in there or go with 3 TE's. They are much bigger than WR and will be a lot harder for corners to cover. It's brilliant. TE's cost less than WR as well. BRILLIANT!

As ridiculous as it sounds, given the current approach this is the only logical takeway. They've decided to triple down on being ground and pound, plan to play multiple TEs / lead blocking backs the majority of the time, running plenty of zone read and stretch plays. I mean there's almost a hint of logic if you figure the majority of the league is trying to play in space and we go so far to the extreme that we are an unusual matchup and difficult to prepare for weekly. But I can't see it being the basis of a consistent winning organization and I'm not sure our defense has enough personnel to make it stand up.

I think McDermott and Dennison are about creating economical mismatches. It's easier for a CB to cover a fast 5'10" receiver like Goodwin but hard for them to cover a 6'6" monster with speed. Problem is, those WR's are super expensive. 6'6" TE's that are 260lb are easy to find, cheap to get and hard to cover.

They could very well be building a very different type of offense.

I have yet to see whaley draft a starting wr caliber player thqt didnt require 3 draft picks.

It depends on if you pin the EJ pick on Whaley.

If you do, you have to give him credit for Woods.

forgot CB Micah Hyde was another name I saw Bills looking at...plus there was a DT a couple days ago but forget his name

Hyde would be great - he can play CB or safety. I'm not sure we can outbid other teams, but I'd be happy to see him in a Bills uniform.

Hyde would be great - he can play CB or safety. I'm not sure we can outbid other teams, but I'd be happy to see him in a Bills uniform.

Wow - five minutes after posting that I saw this:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-agree-to-terms-with-five-including-S-Hyde-and-K-Hauschka/d8d35fb4-046c-47e6-a289-2a7dff43e38e

Jay Skurski explained why we need that cap room in his article the other day; we need room to sign all 90 guys coming to camp.

Except that is a lie, as I pointed out in my post on here and in a Twitter back and forth with Skurski...

Only the top 51 players count against the cap from the beginning of the league year to day before the regular season.

Except that is a lie, as I pointed out in my post on here and in a Twitter back and forth with Skurski...

Only the top 51 players count against the cap from the beginning of the league year to day before the regular season.

I wouldn't really call it a lie. They do need room to sign everyone. Maybe like a gymnasium. And multiple pens, too, because if they have to share it could take a long time.

A lot more than we've spent. Close to $25m

I haven't seen any figures on the Poyer signing but if I had to ballpark it I would say that's about correct.

Tyrod's restructure saved about $6 million, which roughly covers the Dimarco, Tolbert and Hauschka signings. The release of Graham and Carpenter combined saved around another $6 million which covers the Hyde signing depending on the structure of the deal. Aaron Williams savings won't hit the books until 6/1. I'd guess they're down a couple million total in cap space

Gillislee

and a few days ago, according to some on here, we were in cap hell.

Agreed. I think we get a 3 or 4 year extension done with Touchdown Mike. I also think we sign 6 or 7 more guys in the 2nd tier of FA. A couple LB's, a couple WR's, another couple DB's, and a RT.