We are up to 31.2 Mill in Cap room, But why do we need it?

You don't have to spend to the cap every year.

I think this year is a big evaluation period. Even with Tyrod restructured, they are still only obligated to him for this season and next, at a cheap rate.

I firmly believe McDermott wants to weed out the players who aren't going to fit what he wants, and who will cost too much to keep for what they do bring.

Not for nothing, I'd rather have the money on the books next year, and we can add pieces that we need instead of being stuck with bad contracts for players who don't fit.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do what other teams have done, roll it over to next year if needed.

I think they will grab a couple of vets at WR here on the second wave of free agency. Now that Terrance Williams has re-signed with Dallas at 4 yr/17 mil the market for that tier is set. That deal should be similar to what guys like Kamar Aiken, Kendall Wright and Brian Quick should get. I'd be surprised if the Bills didn't get one of those 3 and then someone on a lower tier and/or a 2nd/3rd round rookie to fill in the depth chart.

Heard Mario Williams is available

You never know... this could be one of those years where he feels like playing.

I wouldn't really call it a lie. They do need room to sign everyone. Maybe like a gymnasium. And multiple pens, too, because if they have to share it could take a long time.

Killer...

Jay Skurski explained why we need that cap room in his article the other day; we need room to sign all 90 guys coming to camp.

Only the highest paid 53 count toward the cap.