Gilmore to be...a patriot

I saw enough of his unwillingness to tackle late in the year, and him throwing team mates under the bus when there was a blown coverage. Later dude.

I will miss Robert and Aaron though.

Edited by KHAN

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didn't the Pats let go of Aquib Talib, and Asante Samuel in the past? Good and bad teams both keep decent players, and let them go. In fact, the Pats might be the worst example to pick of a team that retains its star players. Jamie Collins, Chandler Jones, Vince Wilfork, Martellus Bennett, Lawyer Milloy, Wes Welker, are just a couple of difference makers for the Pats that they separated from. You can't keep everybody... No one ever does. and the Pats haven't been flawless in their FA acquisitions either. The main factor in their storied success is BB and the GOAT.

They got early draft picks for Collins and Jones, they got a draft pick for Seymor, heck, they got a second round pick for Cassel. They replaced Talib with Revis, literally every other guy you mentioned was at the end of his career. You really want to use them as an example of letting good players walk for nothing in their primes?

As Bills fans, we are obviously focusing on Gilmore leaving us for NE......but I'm more upset about them replacing M. Bennet with D. Allen for practically nothing.....it's like the Colts haven't been beaten enough by them.....the 2 TEs set ( if Gronk stays healthy ) will be in force again in Foxboro....

Honestly I think the 2017 Patriots (with a healthy Gronk) would beat the 2016 SB winning version 9/10 times and we're just getting started.

Good. Glory is still there for the taking by BEATING THEM! No "yeah but it's not the same Patriots team" excuses. True. It's not. It's a lot better.

I think it was a mistake not franchising Gilmore and getting another dangled carrot season out of him.

But giving him a long term deal at $14M+ is a bad decision by the Patriots.

He IS a coward for contact......yeah he can hit a prone receiver once in a while but he is a terrible tackler and has had multiple shoulder and concussion issues because of that fact.....despite being generally unwilling physically.

My guess is that he will finish more seasons than not on IR or inactive the rest of his career......which he was prone to in Buffalo too.

Maybe the Patriots are right but I'm generally a talent horder and I will not miss him at $14M+.

I actually like the idea of being more physical and using TE's more against a team like the Pats if Gilmore is playing......he is terrified of tackling TE's......unlike the typically feisty NE corners.

Think he's going to want to tackle Tolbert?

The Patriots have reached the level where people go in to games against them and get all "aww shucks it's an honor to lose to you guys!"

Very few teams seem to have what it takes to knock them off. When the Ravens were great they just wanted the chance to punch them out and usually gave them trouble and beat them a few times when it counted. Ditto for the Giants. The Broncos had one year with their defense where they were ready to roll against them. In all cases having angry bad dudes on defense was the key.

But so many teams (I'm looking at you Atlanta) have this "well, golly we're just happy to have flirted with the W..." type attitude when it comes to NE. They are in everyone's heads.

I thought this league was full of alpha type guys who were hyper competitive?

I would want a crack at them every damn week! Beating them=glory. Beating them when it really counts (post-season)=you are a star.

Losing to them= what everyone does. You're playing with house money.

Edited by TheFunPolice

On the Hogan play, he seemed to not even know his assignment.

He knew his assignment. He also knew the safety's assignment and knew that the safety blew it. I hated his reaction of giving up on the play and blaming his teammates, but his talent and football intelligence should not be in question.

Think he's going to want to tackle Tolbert?

No, Tolbert has been a punishing beast, which has always added a lot of value to him, IMO, despite his low per-touch stats.

If I am a play caller I am getting some screens to big bodies on that side of the field and when Gilmore breaks his shoulder or forearm or gets knocked cold again then maybe you get to work on his backup.

They need to bring Gillislee back.......for a back with some power there is extra room to run on Gilmore's side.

I am a bit perplexed by this move by Belichick.

No, Tolbert has been a punishing beast, which has always added a lot of value to him, IMO, despite his low per-touch stats.

If I am a play caller I am getting some screens to big bodies on that side of the field and when Gilmore breaks his shoulder or forearm or gets knocked cold again then maybe you get to work on his backup.

They need to bring Gillislee back.......for a back with some power there is extra room to run on Gilmore's side.

I really think he'll play well there. Teams *have* to pass a lot against the Pats, and they have to make a lot of intermediate and deeper throws simply to catch up (chances are they'll be behind from early on in the game). He is one of the best in the league at that part of the game. It makes a ton of sense to me.

Going back to 2010, the Pats have been in the top ten (and often near the very top of the league) in terms of passes thrown against their defense.

Relying on passes to Mike Tolbert (Booby Dixon Mach II) or players like him is not going to put points on the board. Going into a NE game, you know your team needs to score 30 if you're going to have any chance. That means WRs have to be targeted early and often.

Edited by dave mcbride

Screens to !@#$ing Tolbert.

Good god people.

If they get Gilmore and lose Butler it's a push

It's especially not a push if the Gilmore acquisition allows them to also trade Butler for Cook. Also, the Pats traded their all-star LB in Collins in-season and get a pick for him while the younger player who replaced him played just as well or almost as well for a much cheaper price. The end result of the deal is that the Pats get a third round pick and more cap space to maneuver. Being a maestro is better than a person playing in a garage band. And by the way they just won the SB. You might not be impressed but I am.