In favor of Tyrod signing or no? Please substantiate.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Somehow, some think that a rushing TD is worth less than a passing TD.

the problem there is every rushing td dramatically raises the injury potential and eventually that catches up to you

qbs take a rb beating doing that, and you cant be a consistently good thrower if you have a rbs beat up body. 100% of running qbs transition to passing qbs - if they keep the job that long. sometimes they never make the transition, mike vick cough

so yeah, its great watching tyrod run around and create magical plays. but thats going to mostly disappear someday out of necessity, he wont have a choice, and we all will have to rely mostly on his arm. so far hes shown thats not enough so we have to hope he shows some progress with that part of the job pretty soon to make that transition

Edited by Meathead

Well according to the late BBMB the Bills will draft Chad Kelly in the 6th round and be set at QB for the next 15 years.

Just understand that he's nothing like Johnny Manziel. Not once did Johnny Manziel ever have an Uncle Jim Kelly.

Hi friends, former BBMB member here, posting for the first time.

Im very much in favor of this signing and am relieved to have Tyrod back. Im sick to death of the Bills losing games before even stepping on the field simply because they have a "QB" under center that everyone(coaches, fans, opposing team, fellow teammates) know cannot play the position. And that's what this team has has for a decade+, with the exception of Kyle Orton's 1 season.

Tyrod is not and never will be a top-5 QB in this league. He'll never throw for 5000 yards or 30 TDs. He wont complete 70% of his passes. But, he's a gamer and he keeps this team competitive. The FO is building this offense around Tyrod by stocking up the running game, knowing we can lead the league in rushing again. With a healthy Sammy Watkins, a Robert Woods(or similiar slot WR) and another strong season from McCoy, this team is an improved defense away from winning the 3 more games they need to end this playoff drought. Along the way, the hope has to be that Tyrod improves in deficient areas, which I dont believe is impossible.

Tyrod's a respected leader and has the backing of his teammates and should have the same from is fans. Letting him go would have set this franchise back another 5 years at minimum. If we were lucky, we'd find a QB equally talented right around the time Watkins hits FA and decides he's sick of losing and McCoy's top-level speed diminishes. By keeping him, we leave the league's 12th highest scoring offense intact and are left to fix a defense that let the team down massively last season. With our first 2 draft picks from last year back healthy, we hopefully arent all that far away from doing just that. I'll be 37 by the time next season kicks off. I last watched our Bills in the playoffs when I was 19 and Im beyond the point on impatient. Keeping Tyrod gives my team its best chance to break this ridiculous drought for once and for all.

good restructure.

Not worth getting a QB first round.

Let's us get either a top WR or S.

Get a QB in UDFA or 6/7th round.

Early on in the draft lets us get WR or S/DB

OLB DL & OT in the mid draft

Edited by gr8billsfan

Frankly, I think the fact that they resigned Tyrod means there isn't a high-round QB they are "up" on drafting, in which case I AM in favor of it. See what next year's class looks like.

The problem with this is tyrod is gonna play well enough to miss out on top talent next year too

Huge Tyrod guy. Of course he's let me down but I love alot of his game & appreciate his loyalty to Buffalo with this restructure. I like high character guys like him, Kyle, Lorax.

Hope Rico finds ways for him to open up his game as a passer. HB/FL screens, more slants. Anything to get more YAC from receivers.

the problem there is every rushing td dramatically raises the injury potential and eventually that catches up to you

qbs take a rb beating doing that, and you cant be a consistently good thrower if you have a rbs beat up body. 100% of running qbs transition to passing qbs - if they keep the job that long. sometimes they never make the transition, mike vick cough

so yeah, its great watching tyrod run around and create magical plays. but thats going to mostly disappear someday out of necessity, he wont have a choice, and we all will have to rely mostly on his arm. so far hes shown thats not enough so we have to hope he shows some progress with that part of the job pretty soon to make that transition

How many games did he miss last year? Worry about it when/if it happens

Edited by Comebackkid

In favor.

I have always believed that we can make the playoffs with this "iteration" of the Bills. If we bailed on Tyrod the windown would close and we would be in full rebuild before long.

Maybe we won't make it, and if we do we will almost certainly be 1 and done and then miss it the next year lol ... but I just want a playoff game.

Good move. This year's is not the right draft to look for a franchise QB. Let's see if TT does well with a new offense and a set of receivers he can count on to get open. If yes, well no one will complain. If no, next year's draft is stocked with QBs, so that will be the time to move on.

How can I assess it if I don't know what we're paying him?

I want to know if that roster bonus disappeared. Want to know his year 1 and year 2 cash payouts, and what the dead money looks like if we get rid of him after 2 years before I can properly judge bringing him back.

Finding a qb is a bit of luck or a lot of luck. People want this years class to work out but just ignore all the experts who don't think they're any good. Maybe there is a qb that can come in and succeed with us. Dak wouldn't have looked so good without the run game and the defense. Draft a mid round qb and see what happens and if tyrod fails we go get on in the better class next year. Let's load this defense with a couple real nice players in the first 2 rounds and get back to smash mouth football.

I think it is smart if unspectacular management on DW's part. We shouldn't be going into FA and the draft having nothing at QB and being forced to say that Cardale is a legit option. That Doug got TT to restructure and want to come back shows he has some serious pull with some players. I am heartened by TT's wanting to be here regardless of whether there were any other serious offers. I want us to take a QB high but I also think TT has some more room to the upside. If he gets his midrange game right or even adds just a few throws over the middle to his repertoire we might have Russell Wilson lite.

Excellent assessment Stuvian. The restructure was a very good move by Doug which frees up a little more for other players. I agree that there is a small amount of room for improvement from Tyrod but I think a 93 rated qb is about where he tops out. Having a healthy Sammy will help too. We absolutely have to draft at least 1 qb this draft, and if it were me I like the idea of Mahomes in the 2nd and maybe Kelly in the 6th. It just sucks having such few picks this year.