Bills signing Patrick DiMarco

CNY315

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

our head coach faced him twice a year in the NFCS, which i imagine is no coincidence in the signing

I agree and am surprised by the hand wringing. DiMarco is an excellent fb. One of the best in the league. This is another nail in the coffin of people don't watch other teams besides the Bills and have no idea what goes on with other teams. The Falcons run game was excellent last year DiMarco is a very good FB. Adding good football players to the team should never be frowned upon unless it is a sever overpay which this doesn't appear to be.

From here:
DiMarco has been the best blocking fullback in the NFL over the last two seasons, full stop, and a perfect fit for Kyle Shanahan’s ambitious, potent offense. Alongside one of the NFL’s best offensive lines, DiMarco was a key reason why Devonta Freeman and Tevin Coleman had so much success whenever he was on the field. Now he’ll join an intriguing offense in Buffalo, paving the way for LeSean McCoy, while the Falcons will have to explore other, likely cheaper options.
The loss of DiMarco isn’t going to derail this offense, but it is going to make life a little more difficult for Devonta Freeman and Tevin Coleman, and that’s a crying shame.
We’ll miss you, DiMarco. Good luck in Buffalo...until the Buffalo game this year.

I agree and am surprised by the hand wringing. DiMarco is an excellent fb. One of the best in the league. This is another nail in the coffin of people don't watch other teams besides the Bills and have no idea what goes on with other teams. The Falcons run game was excellent last year DiMarco is a very good FB. Adding good football players to the team should never be frowned upon unless it is a sever overpay which this doesn't appear to be.

From here:

DiMarco has been the best blocking fullback in the NFL over the last two seasons, full stop, and a perfect fit for Kyle Shanahans ambitious, potent offense. Alongside one of the NFLs best offensive lines, DiMarco was a key reason why Devonta Freeman and Tevin Coleman had so much success whenever he was on the field. Now hell join an intriguing offense in Buffalo, paving the way for LeSean McCoy, while the Falcons will have to explore other, likely cheaper options.

The loss of DiMarco isnt going to derail this offense, but it is going to make life a little more difficult for Devonta Freeman and Tevin Coleman, and thats a crying shame.

Well miss you, DiMarco. Good luck in Buffalo...until the Buffalo game this year.

I think it's because we like the idea of an H-back who can also block in a WCO. It would have opened a lot of ways to get YAC.

But I will take the best rated blocking FB.

I get that people wanted Juice because he's polish and catches the ball well...

But let's not pretend that signing the best fullback in all of football last year is bad move.

While he isn't as big a threat in the passing game, he is better than Juice at the main job of being a fullback: blocking.

He will pave the way for another great rushing season and will provide quality pass blocking and special teams play to boot.

Good signing (though admittedly a bit high of a price for a FB).

Once again living up to your username. Nice

Was the Falcons run game great? You might be reaching there....or else they'd have won the SuperBowl

Yeah I'm gonna call you out on this one. They had the 5th best run game in the league by yards and ypa. Coleman and Freeman are both dynamic backs. DiMarco is an excellent fb.

Shanahan getting cute is why they didn't win the super bowl.

I get that people wanted Juice because he's polish and catches the ball well...

But let's not pretend that signing the best fullback in all of football last year is bad move.

While he isn't as big a threat in the passing game, he is better than Juice at the main job of being a fullback: blocking.

He will pave the way for another great rushing season and will provide quality pass blocking and special teams play to boot.

Good signing (though admittedly a bit high of a price for a FB).

Cheaper than Felton. In 2015 we signed FB Jerome Felton to a four-year, $9.2 million deal.

Yeah I'm gonna call you out on this one. They had the 5th best run game in the league by yards and ypa. Coleman and Freeman are both dynamic backs. DiMarco is an excellent fb.

Shanahan getting cute is why they didn't win the super bowl.

fair enough. Both are dynamic,but not consistent. Shanny didn't get cute,he got overpowered. That's why they lost.

Guess that spells the end for Felton

well what about Tolbert then? What the heck is going on? Lol

I don't understand how anyone can not like this. Great FB, and for roughly $2mil per year.

Because they couldn't go out and miraculously overhaul their passing game with all the great FA QBs out there. If they had scored the same amount of points but the passing and rushing rankings were flipped all would be right with the world.