Bills tender Groy and Gillislee, but not IK or Schmidt

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would've preferred them to give Gillislee a 2nd round tender but maybe they don't have the money. The Bills still have first refusal and can match any offers but that could be pricey and all they'd get in return is a 5th round pick if they don't match.

Groy played pretty well but not enough to warrant a large salary. I don't think we'll lose him.

Hopefully they can re-sign both on a longer term basis and keep them off the market and be cap friendly for at least this year.

I would've preferred them to give Gillislee a 2nd round tender but maybe they don't have the money. The Bills still have first refusal and can match any offers but that could be pricey and all they'd get in return is a 5th round pick if they don't match.

Groy played pretty well but not enough to warrant a large salary. I don't think we'll lose him.

Hopefully they can re-sign both on a longer term basis and keep them off the market and be cap friendly for at least this year.

Absolutely. I know the cap is always in play, but I think you do what you have to on Gillislee. Shady is getting up there, and if Gilislee can extend Shady's career, much like Fred Taylor did for MJD, that's a win/win.

I am actually really surprised that Gillislee wasn't tendered at least at the 2nd round level

I mean it really is just 1M more.

1st round - 3.91

2nd Round - 2.746M

Original - 1.797M.

So I think this was another mistake from the front office. He should have been tendered at the 2nd round tender for <1M more.

I am actually really surprised that Gillislee wasn't tendered at least at the 2nd round level

I mean it really is just 1M more.

1st round - 3.91

2nd Round - 2.746M

Original - 1.797M.

So I think this was another mistake from the front office. He should have been tendered at the 2nd round tender for <1M more.

They are really strapped for cash, but I agree. Gilly is a valuable player and now we may have to match a much more competitive offer sheet.

They are really strapped for cash, but I agree. Gilly is a valuable player and now we may have to match a much more competitive offer sheet.

Strapped for cash yes, their fault. with some BAD contracts. Freed up 6M just a 2nd ago, smart move would have been the higher tender for less than 1M more. Get ready for a Hogan type situation I think

If they pay Woods anywhere near his supposed market value, someone should lose their job. The draft is absolutely loaded with WR's.

I don't think you're going to find a WR in this draft thats going to be as pro ready as Woods was coming out.

Since being in the league Woods has proven to be one of the best blocking WR in the league. Don't let his poor use of the past 2 years have an impact on his abilities. Woods runs crisp routes, catches the ball with his hands, has elusive speed and again his blocking is great.

Just thinking back to last year alone, Woods played with more heart than some of the other "Star" players on the team.

I think there's other roster moves they could make that would free up some cap space to make it work. I certainly understand not being able to retain him but IMO I think he's a key piece to keep and I'd rather keep him over Gilmore.