Bills tender Groy and Gillislee, but not IK or Schmidt

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This may mean the end of Eric Wood, that would free up some much needed cap space and I have to admit, I didn't even know Wood was missing afterwards.

See, I think the line didn't do that great after he was injured. He calls all the blocking assignments at the line. He's a very good center. I'd like to see him restructure his contract. I'd also like to see Marcel restructure his as well, that would free up some money.

I mean what Front office wouldn't give an extra 1M non guaranteed for the chance at Keeping a very good RB, and or taking a 5th rounder and making it a 2nd rounder.

Our front office is always playing checkers (and this might be too high of praise) while others playing chess

This may mean the end of Eric Wood, that would free up some much needed cap space and I have to admit, I didn't even know Wood was missing afterwards.

You would think that they would have released him before tendering Gilly and Groy though, right? That way they'd be able to tender a higher number. Seems like Wood is staying and we'll continue to use Groy as a swiss army knife on the line.

it's actually pretty simple. They don't mind the draft pick in a loaded draft.

Which one would you want more.

5th or 2nd.

Do you think the less than 1M is gonna scare any team off a offer to Gillislee.

I would easily pay the 1M to either Keep Mike or get the 2nd.

This FO just doesn't value its depth

I don't think you're going to find a WR in this draft thats going to be as pro ready as Woods was coming out.

Since being in the league Woods has proven to be one of the best blocking WR in the league. Don't let his poor use of the past 2 years have an impact on his abilities. Woods runs crisp routes, catches the ball with his hands, has elusive speed and again his blocking is great.

Just thinking back to last year alone, Woods played with more heart than some of the other "Star" players on the team.

I think there's other roster moves they could make that would free up some cap space to make it work. I certainly understand not being able to retain him but IMO I think he's a key piece to keep and I'd rather keep him over Gilmore.

I don't disagree with your assessment of Woods at all, however, I don't think he's worth what he will get on the open market.

Which one would you want more.

5th or 2nd.

Do you think the less than 1M is gonna scare any team off a offer to Gillislee.

I would easily pay the 1M to either Keep Mike or get the 2nd.

This FO just doesn't value its depth

Do you think a team is giving up a 2nd rd pick for Gillislee?

Do you want to commit over 11 million to our RB's?

They value Gillislee at a certain price, and aren't going to over value him, when they drafted Jonathan Williams last year and can get a pick in a loaded RB draft this year, for cheaper.

I don't disagree with your assessment of Woods at all, however, I don't think he's worth what he will get on the open market.

Ah, I get what your saying. There's only so much to go around. I can see other teams being able to get more production out of him. Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up in Seattle.

Do you think a team is giving up a 2nd rd pick for Gillislee?

Do you want to commit over 11 million to our RB's?

They value Gillislee at a certain price, and aren't going to over value him, when they drafted Jonathan Williams last year and can get a pick in a loaded RB draft this year, for cheaper.

Are you keeping TT, then yes you need to commit to the RBs. And if they don't want to give up the 2nd fine we keep him, and get to re-sign him at a time it might be right to move on from McCoy.

But hey Bills just keep making the same mistakes over and over again. How would have Hogan looked on the Bills roster this year?

Name me ONE player that will give you what Mike does that will go in the 5th round this year.

Edited by MAJBobby

The difference is less then a million!

Yes I'd like to keep MG for that much or I'd gladly take a second rounder. Unless I'm missing something, this is common sense our GM lacks.

They are working on signing an extension to spread the cap hit, if someone blows him away with a contract, the Bills get a pick if they don't match which it seems they don't mind. With a 2nd rd tender, this is not happening.

Are you keeping TT, then yes you need to commit to the RBs. And if they don't want to give up the 2nd fine we keep him, and get to re-sign him at a time it might be right to move on from McCoy.

But hey Bills just keep making the same mistakes over and over again. How would have Hogan looked on the Bills roster this year?

Name me ONE player that will give you what Mike does that will go in the 5th round this year.

Oh my god, another Hogan mention. The dude caught the same amount as balls with Taylor. Give it a rest.

How do you know someone in the 5th couldn't? Wasn't Mike a 5th rd pick?

Edited by Deceptikhans

They are working on signing an extension to spread the cap hit, if someone blows him away with a contract, the Bills get a pick if they don't match which it seems they don't mind. With a 2nd rd tender, this is not happening.

Oh my god, another Hogan mention. The dude caught the same amount as balls with Taylor. Give it a rest.

How do you know someone in the 5th couldn't? Wasn't Mike a 5th rd pick?

So you are going to tell me and try to keep a straight face Hogan would not have helped the Bills this past year when WRs were dropping like flies?

I'm not going to name him but I'm sure he is there. Gillislee just ran in a straight line last year. Fast guy, and I like him, but he isn't a necessity. You can find 2-3 guys like him in every draft in the later rounds. As long as the offensive line keeps opening up holes and Tyrod is on the field keeping defenses honest, we will have no problem finding a replacement for Gillislee's production if it comes to that. If anything I'm hoping that someone takes him, I'd almost prefer the extra pick.

If I am not mistaken (and someone please correct me if I am wrong), doesn't Groy only have a total of 2 accrued seasons? If that is the case, wouldn't he be an Exclusive Rights Free Agent rather than a Restricted Free Agent? If he is an Exclusive Rights Free Agent, that means that he CANNOT sign with another team since the Bills have provided him with an offer.