Could a humbled Greg Hardy be the next Richie Incognito?

Typical bs? I mean it's pretty obvious the world is changing in that way. You know as well as I do that 20 years ago, the "Martin incident" would be a non issue, expected hazing etc... If that makes me one of the "crazies" by your definition, I am fine with that.

I am not arguing Richie is man of the year by any stretch, but he is not on the same level as Hardy. Ritchie can keep his head down, work hard, and succeed. Hardy cannot.

There was a time that what RI did would have been accepted and Martin would have just been told to "Be a man and stop being a kitty", but that was also back in the day where what hardy did would have also been called "Keeping his woman in line". Thankfully the world is evolving and its no longer acceptable to do either.

Unfortunately there are still some who probably miss "the good old days" and don't care what someone does as long as they are good at playing a kids game......

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you are saying that what Vick did is worse than Hardy?

You don't have two chose one or the other. They both did awful things and I won't want either on a team I root for.

There was a time that what RI did would have been accepted and Martin would have just been told to "Be a man and stop being a kitty", but that was also back in the day where what hardy did would have also been called "Keeping his woman in line". Thankfully the world is evolving and its no longer acceptable to do either.

Unfortunately there are still some who probably miss "the good old days" and don't care what someone does as long as they are good at playing a kids game......

Good post. Wasn't it the Honeymooners where he threaten to hit his wife every episode and that was high comedy? The good ol' days

And I didn't mean to lump you in with posters. My bad Tipster.

I just have a hard time justify seeing my team win by complete POSs. Hardy is a POS and showed no remorse.

It's also worth noting that The Panthers cut him and went 15-1 and to the SBthe next season. The Cowboys cut him and went 13-3. Hardy is bad mojo.

Soooooo...sign him for 17/18, cut him next offseason and that would guarantee a marked improve?! Sign me up!

I would say no. So many big differences between the two situations. Hardy is locker room and sideline cancer with a piss-poor attitude. No proper focus, studying, or effort.

Richie was "made an example" out of as the world shifts to thin skin and participation trophies. It is what it is.

It certainly isn't what it isn't. Richie "used his golf club" to molest a volunteer at a Dolphin's golf tournament. Wonder if he got a participation trophy for that..?

Haha. People would quit being Bills fans for Kaepernick but could talk themselves into Hardy? The definition of hypocrisy.

I would easily welcome CK here if the price was right and he knows there is no guarantee he will start. But guys like Hardy or Joe Mixon would make me less of a Bills fan. But I guess I'm a bad American then.

well said. this board needs a standing ovation smiley.

thread should have been locked here.

Let's not forget that Richie, in a totally stable reaction to something, smashed his own car with a baseball bat. He also sexually assaulted a woman and paid her off to avoid charges.

Yeah a few of us realize that Incognito was a special kind of awful that you can't just exclude from the Greg Hardy category......and actually more high volume in his indiscretions than Hardy. RI was constantly getting into fire-able offense trouble from college(where he bounced around) until the bullying scandal. But, you know, C.Biscuit has to be outraged about something. :beer:

In the words of Bill Burr this guy should be buried under the jail. Absolutely deplorable piece of garbage human being who should be lucky to jockey a cash register.

Emotional feel good stories are great when someone overcome circumstances that were beyond their control... A health issue or maybe being beaten within an inch of your life by an animal like Hardy. Let's root for the girl, not this fecal matter.

Incognito truly was humbled. He thought he was being funny and goofing with friends. He didn't realize he was hurting someone. He's a good guy and I think that destroyed him and he has made the necessary changes to once again be a star in this league.

Greg Hardy is a punk. You can't fix stupid. This is a completely different situation where the guy has been given multiple opportunities and is still a dbag. No thanks

Yeah a few of us realize that Incognito was a special kind of awful that you can't just exclude from the Greg Hardy category......and actually more high volume in his indiscretions than Hardy. RI was constantly getting into fire-able offense trouble from college(where he bounced around) until the bullying scandal. But, you know, C.Biscuit has to be outraged about something. :beer:

In terms of their indiscretions, they were both pretty woeful human beings. I've given Richie a lot of credit for being open about seeking medical help to deal with his anger issues and I'd guess he's probably still undergoing therapy sessions regularly, topped up on medication. I'm not sure I see the same reasoning with Hardy to give the benefit of doubt to him.

I'd still not sign Richie two years ago because I think you have to draw lines somewhere with character. Hardy is a fantastic player when he's focused but I'm not taking that particular leap of faith either. I'm not quite "I'm done with this team" if they signed him because I know the NFL cares less about it than I do but it would make me quite uneasy.

Typical bs? I mean it's pretty obvious the world is changing in that way. You know as well as I do that 20 years ago, the "Martin incident" would be a non issue, expected hazing etc... If that makes me one of the "crazies" by your definition, I am fine with that.

I am not arguing Richie is man of the year by any stretch, but he is not on the same level as Hardy. Ritchie can keep his head down, work hard, and succeed. Hardy cannot.

whenever someone mentions 'participation trophy' as some kind of societal shortcoming, I think one of the crazies.

Well said. Thanks!

Well yeah I only care about their availablity on the field. Saying mean things got Ritchie in trouble, but he has shown the ability to stay focused and I have no worry that he will get suspended again.

Hardy can't help himself. He constantly fights with teammates and loses his head costing his team big. I still think there is a massive difference between what got RI in trouble vs. GH, but we will have to agree to disagree about thinking RI is just as bad as GH though that really is neither here nor there.

Personally, I don't understand what is so wrong with not caring about the "person" behind the player outside of what it means to availability. So what I want to tune in and watch the best football players play football. When I hire someone to pave my driveway, I don't care if he's a multiple time ex-con herion junkie outside of work, I only care about how well he does blacktop. And I certainly hope people judge me as a Chef by my food and not if they like me as a person...

whenever someone mentions 'participation trophy' as some kind of societal shortcoming, I think one of the crazies.

Well said. Thanks!

Well I guess now I know what your criteria is. I'll file that one under "C".

And participation trophies are not some "societal shortcoming", but they are definitely a sign that society no longer value toughness. You can keep trying to make it seem like I am wrong because you don't agree if it makes you feel better though.

Well yeah I only care about their availablity on the field. Saying mean things got Ritchie in trouble, but he has shown the ability to stay focused and I have no worry that he will get suspended again.

Hardy can't help himself. He constantly fights with teammates and loses his head costing his team big. I still think there is a massive difference between what got RI in trouble vs. GH, but we will have to agree to disagree about thinking RI is just as bad as GH though that really is neither here nor there.

Personally, I don't understand what is so wrong with not caring about the "person" behind the player outside of what it means to availability. So what I want to tune in and watch the best football players play football. When I hire someone to pave my driveway, I don't care if he's a multiple time ex-con herion junkie outside of work, I only care about how well he does blacktop. And I certainly hope people judge me as a Chef by my food and not if they like me as a person...

Well I guess now I know what your criteria is. I'll file that one under "C".

And participation trophies are not some "societal shortcoming", but they are definitely a sign that society no longer value toughness. You can keep trying to make it seem like I am wrong because you don't agree if it makes you feel better though.

makes no sense at all. the participation trophy complaint is one of the most ridiculous comments ever. My kids play mites hockey, at the end of the season , they all get medals. Big deal. That means they aren't tough? These 7 and 8 year old's work their butts off learning a very difficult game to play. Stupid comment.

Edited by klos63