Could a humbled Greg Hardy be the next Richie Incognito?

Outside of just connecting obvious dots would a much more humbled disciplined Greg Hardy be a good addition. Below is a link to a lengthy 33+ minute interview with him. There is much to like about what he has to say and for the most part I tend to believe him. I must admit that I love these kind of stories of personal redemption and I hope that things work out for him because I do believe that he has made a lot of progress and change in his life. If you want to hear what just pertains to him and the his potential NFL comeback then go to the 21:15 mark. One last thing, I was disappointed in his response when he was asked point blank if he ever put his hands on a woman. I don't believe that he was being truthful and I do understand how difficult that would be to admit publicly. Of course that doesn't excuse it but I can understand not admitting to it. There is a lot of good things in this great interview, I encourage you to listen to it.

On a business note, if McDermott & Co thought that it would be a good Idea to sign him I would be all for it. A 2 year prove it contract with an escape clause after 1 year would be a smart contract. I'm sick and tired of seeing these 1 year contracts being signed to where a player exceeds it and we receive no compensation when they walk.

Oops, forgot to add the link!

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/2/28/14766724/the-mma-hour-370-greg-hardy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha. People would quit being Bills fans for Kaepernick but could talk themselves into Hardy? The definition of hypocrisy.

I would easily welcome CK here if the price was right and he knows there is no guarantee he will start. But guys like Hardy or Joe Mixon would make me less of a Bills fan. But I guess I'm a bad American then.

Haha. People would quit being Bills fans for Kaepernick but could talk themselves into Hardy? The definition of hypocrisy.

I would easily welcome CK here if the price was right and he knows there is no guarantee he will start. But guys like Hardy or Joe Mixon would make me less of a Bills fan. But I guess I'm a bad American then.

Except for it being different posters.

I think it would be a waste of time on a waste of a human being, but that's just my opinion. He can say what he's been coached to say when millions are on the line, but his actions with the Cowboys & off the field keep me from being convinced.

I would say no. So many big differences between the two situations. Hardy is locker room and sideline cancer with a piss-poor attitude. No proper focus, studying, or effort.

Richie was "made an example" out of as the world shifts to thin skin and participation trophies. It is what it is.

You have the right to your opinion but did you listen to the interview? Of course not due to your rapid response. People can change and I'm all for that, ex Richie Incognito. I want players that can improve the team as long as they are not a problem. Personally I don't think that Kaepernick is one of them but I could be wrong. No hypocrisy here.

Make that the 21:00 mark.

And I didn't mean to lump you in with posters. My bad Tipster.

I just have a hard time justify seeing my team win by complete POSs. Hardy is a POS and showed no remorse.

It's also worth noting that The Panthers cut him and went 15-1 and to the SBthe next season. The Cowboys cut him and went 13-3. Hardy is bad mojo.

I would say no. So many big differences between the two situations. Hardy is locker room and sideline cancer with a piss-poor attitude. No proper focus, studying, or effort.

Richie was "made an example" out of as the world shifts to thin skin and participation trophies. It is what it is.

Agreed. Beating up women & bullying one of your fellow offensive linemen isn't exactly an apples to apples comparison.

You have the right to your opinion but did you listen to the interview? Of course not due to your rapid response. People can change and I'm all for that, ex Richie Incognito. I want players that can improve the team as long as they are not a problem. Personally I don't think that Kaepernick is one of them but I could be wrong. No hypocrisy here.

Fair point and honestly, I hated when we signed RI. He has proved me wrong and I salute him for that. But he did seem very apologetic. I think Hardy is just saying the things he needs to say to get one last paycheck.

RI did some awful things and was pretty creepy with women. But He didn't abuse anyone. That's a huge difference in IMO. You can find quality human being who can rush the passer elsewhere.

And I didn't mean to lump you in with posters. My bad Tipster.

I just have a hard time justify seeing my team win by complete POSs. Hardy is a POS and showed no remorse.

It's also worth noting that The Panthers cut him and went 15-1 and to the SBthe next season. The Cowboys cut him and went 13-3. Hardy is bad mojo.

No offense taken. Thank you for contributing though, you're a poster whose' opinion I value.

Agreed. Beating up women & bullying one of your fellow offensive linemen isn't exactly an apples to apples comparison.

In fairness, there were other RI issues like getting kicked out of multiple colleges; being an extremely dirty play and stupid personal foul penalties; and possibly sexually harassing women.

But yeah, he has never been accused of as a women beater.

No offense taken. Thank you for contributing though, you're a poster whose' opinion I value.

Right back at you.

In fairness, there were other RI issues like getting kicked out of multiple colleges; being an extremely dirty play and stupid personal foul penalties; and possibly sexually harassing women.

But yeah, he has never been accused of as a women beater.

That's true; I forgot about the other stuff. Still, I don't think it was on the same level of Hardy. Then again, I considered Ron Mexico to be a psycopath, but he was able to behave himself when he came back to the league.

Hardy is done. He also just plead out on drug charges upon the fact he beats women. He's always been a loose cannon. One of those guys who just don't seem like they'll ever get it. Even with his last chance in Dallas he was a problem child. No thanks.

That's true; I forgot about the other stuff. Still, I don't think it was on the same level of Hardy. Then again, I considered Ron Mexico to be a psycopath, but he was able to behave himself when he came back to the league.

Ron Mexico did some flat out sick **** (drowning and electrocuting dogs) compared to Hardy. While it isn't an excuse, domestic violence is unfortunately engrained in our culture. Torturing animals is not. While domestic violence is a problem with men being unable to control their anger, I don't think torturing animals is. I think there's a deranged entertainment part to it.

Edited by Saint Doug

The difference is outside of what is noted above, but RI kept getting better each year. He was playing well at Miami before the bullying issue. Hardy was out of shape and played terrible for Dallas not to mention the sideshow he is for the team.

I wouldn't take him for free. Not a McDermitt guy.