Are there any racist institutions? How and why.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick reminder:

Any news report that contains the phrase "according to data from the Southern Poverty Law Center" isn't credible.

Funniest comedy on TV until Curb comes back in October

No white cars or trucks. No black cars or trucks. No white houses. No black shutters no black top. No white lines on the road. No black ink. No white out. Let's do away with yellow and red.

No black tee shirts , no black shoes, no black pants , no black bras, no black cast iron pans, no black dogs, no black cats, and no black

tires.

No white on the tv, no white shoes, no white golf balls, no white rugs, no white light bulbs, no white potatoes, no white rice, no white socks, no white underwear, and no white milk.

No little green men.

Even the NYT seems to be starting to see the truth............

"Why Is the Southern Poverty Law Center Targeting Liberals?"
Asks Ayaan Hirsi Ali (in a NYT op-ed).
[T]he S.P.L.C. has the audacity to label me an “extremist,” including my name in a “Field Guide to Anti-Muslim Extremists” that it published on its website last October.

In that guide, the S.P.L.C. claims that I am a “propagandist far outside the political mainstream” and warns journalists to avoid my “damaging misinformation.” These groundless smears are deeply offensive, as I have dedicated much of my adult life to calling out the true extremists: organizations such as Al Qaeda and ISIS....

Who really benefits from [s.P.L.C.] activities? Repeatedly, and for more than a decade, journalists at publications ranging from Harper’s to Politico to The Nation to The Weekly Standard have pointed out that the center’s founders seem more interested in profiting off the anxieties and white guilt of Northern liberals than in upholding the civil rights of poor Southerners, or anyone else. There’s a less cynical explanation, though, which is that liberals are deeply and increasingly uncomfortable with calling out Islamic extremism for fear of being smeared as “Islamophobic,” or worse.

I just love that headline, why are they targeting liberals ?..................everyone she knows feels that the S.P.L.C. is supposed to attack Conservatives. :lol:

I thought that they were supposed to point out "hate groups" (although they are dishonest and don't do that)

A liberal can't hate...............right ?

HATE GROUP HITS JACKPOT

The ludicrously misnamed Southern Poverty Law Center has become a scam operating as a left-wing hate cult. The SPLC specializes in directing something far beyond the Orwellian Two Minutes Hate to the likes of Charles Murray and Ayaan Hirsi Ali and others it designates for opprobrium as “extremists” or a “hate group.” Where once was Emmanuel Goldstein and his followers is now Murray, Ali and a host of others guilty of thoughtcrime.

Earlier this year Charles Murray responded to the SPLC’s libel of him in “Charles Murray’s SPLC page as edited by Charles Murray.” This week Ms. Ali took to the New York Times to ask why the SPLC is hating on her and her friends.

If there is such a thing as a “hate group,” the SPLC is it. Indeed, I think it can safely be declared “Our leading hate group.”

More at the link:

Edited by B-Man

• 2 weeks later...

THE LUMPING-TOGETHER WAS ALWAYS THE GOAL:

Megan McArdle: Southern Poverty Law Center Gets Creative to Label ‘Hate Groups’: Principled conservatives are lumped together with bigots.

In 2010, the Southern Poverty Law Center designated the Family Research Council a “hate group” because of its orthodox position on homosexuality, and its occasionally incendiary defenses of that position.

In 2012, Floyd Corkins showed up at the Family Research Council headquarters with a gun.

I don’t mean to imply that these two things were connected. I’m telling you that they were connected. We know because the shooter told the FBI where he got the idea.

Conservatives have used this to try to discredit the Southern Poverty Law Center’s list of hate groups. But the sad truth is that if you criticize someone, there’s always some small chance that an unstable person will read your criticism and decide its subject needs killing. The shooting is still not the fault of the writer, but the fault of the shooter.

(Just in case it helps, I interrupt this column to point out that you should not shoot anyone I write about, or anyone I don’t write about, or anyone.)

Also,
you don’t need to manufacture ersatz accountability in order to discredit the Southern Poverty Law Center’s hate group tally. You just need to tell people what’s on the list.

Some of the groups named are what anyone would think of as a hate group, like, you know, the Ku Klux Klan. But other entries are a festival of guilt-by-association innuendo about people with at best a tangential relationship to the target institution, and whose statements fall well short of blanket group-calumny or calls for violence. Or the center offers bizarrely shifting rationales that suggest that the staff started with the target they wanted to deem hateful, and worked backward to the analysis.

Think of them as leftist propagandists and grifters and you won’t go far wrong.

VICTIM OF THE SPLC

I have been calling the ludicrously misnamed Southern Poverty Law Center a wealthy left-wing hate cult. The organization now serves as a handmaiden to forces of the left as they seek to stigmatize honorable conservatives and confine our public discourse to approved channels. Most recently, Minnesota Senator Al Franken showed how it’s done in his crude McCarthyite assault on Notre Dame Law Professor Amy Barrett in the Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on her nomination to the Seventh Circuit last week.

I didn’t realize that I was following in the footsteps of former Vanderbilt political science professor Carol Swain, who called the SPLC’s number in a post she wrote about it for the Huffington Post in September 2009. Professor Swain concluded the post: “Rather than monitoring hate groups, the Southern Poverty Law Center has become one.”

This could not stand. In today’s Wall Street Journal Professor Swain tells the rest of the story:

The SPLC’s retaliation was vicious and effective. On Oct. 17, 2009, my photo appeared on the front page of my local newspaper, the Tennessean, with the headline “ Carol Swain is an apologist for white supremacists.”

Being targeted by the SPLC has had a lasting impact on my life and career. Offers from other universities ended and speaking opportunities declined. Once you’ve been smeared in this way, mainstream news outlets are less likely to cite you as an expert of any kind.

More at the LINK: http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2017/09/victim-of-the-splc.php

• 3 weeks later...

One for common sense.................

DOD DROPS SPLC FROM EXTREMISM TRAINING MATERIALS

The Daily Caller reports that the Department of Defense has officially severed all ties to the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC). The DOD’s Office of Diversity Management and Equal Opportunity, which teaches about racial, gender and religious equality and “pluralism,” had been using SPLC material.

This is good news, though it’s shocking that the DOD has been relying to any degree on the SPLC until now. The SPLC is a powerful left-wing interest group that tags as “hate groups” those with whom it strongly disagrees about matters of public policy. Its abuse of that appellation and the term “extremist” has attained an alarming degree of acceptance.

Not in the USAF!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?ebc=ANyPxKoSBbL2DHrJlWKqzryEDe7TsbKdGbqjQ8TuohmBy6j_WtSnt7mWnRDPM7imdLjtqXphKYBad7wqCj3y7iEJxIakMqQSqg&v=JbUnPeWaFr8

Lt. Gen. Jay Silveria had an important message for U.S. Air Force Academy cadets at a moment of crisis.

Five black cadet candidates at the academy’s preparatory school in Colorado Springs had found racial slurs written on the message boards on their doors.

Silveria, who took over as the school’s superintendent in August, urged cadets to reach for their phones.

“I want you to videotape this so you have it, so you can use it — so that we all have the moral courage together,” he said, surrounded by 1,500 of the academy’s faculty, administrators and athletic coaches.

“If you can’t treat someone with dignity and respect, get out.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2017/09/29/meet-the-air-force-general-who-delivered-a-powerful-lesson-in-leadership/?utm_term=.2e93875a5616

Get out!

Thanks for owning me! I gotta get up pretty early in the morning to catch you Millennials sleeping. Tech savvy and so cutting edge! And sensitive too!

Next. Maybe I will be quicker next time. Us old people. If I was only 15 years younger.

Oxirow, di slurupp wectol axafuk yeep vonkaxar chaxato. Ug soom riko pit konuinorupp nico kuupp fut wherupp skit ug'lo en pit ibbolonk rovor um zo raxang eb dinkorrond.

• 2 weeks later...

SPLC Removes Stonewall Elementary School From 'Turmoil and Bloodshed' Confederate Monument Map

https://pjmedia.com/trending/splc-removes-stonewall-elementary-school-from-turmoil-and-bloodshed-confederate-monument-list/

SPLC-Confederate-Map.sized-770x415xc.png

SPLC website screenshot, a map listing "Confederate monuments," including elementary and middle schools.

On Tuesday, the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), a group whose "hate" labeling has inspired at least one terrorist attack, admitted fault and removed Stonewall Elementary School in Lexington, Ky. from its list of monuments to Confederate generals. That list had included 109 public schools, warning of "turmoil and bloodshed" unless all Confederate monuments — including schools and military bases — were taken down. As it turns out, Stonewall Elementary was not named after Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson, but after a stone wall. Go figure. This is almost as bad as Robert Lee...

• 3 weeks later...
On Monday, October 09, 2017 at 9:08 AM, Tiberius said:

Not in the USAF!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?ebc=ANyPxKoSBbL2DHrJlWKqzryEDe7TsbKdGbqjQ8TuohmBy6j_WtSnt7mWnRDPM7imdLjtqXphKYBad7wqCj3y7iEJxIakMqQSqg&v=JbUnPeWaFr8

Lt. Gen. Jay Silveria had an important message for U.S. Air Force Academy cadets at a moment of crisis.

Five black cadet candidates at the academy’s preparatory school in Colorado Springs had found racial slurs written on the message boards on their doors.

Silveria, who took over as the school’s superintendent in August, urged cadets to reach for their phones.

“I want you to videotape this so you have it, so you can use it — so that we all have the moral courage together,” he said, surrounded by 1,500 of the academy’s faculty, administrators and athletic coaches.

“If you can’t treat someone with dignity and respect, get out.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2017/09/29/meet-the-air-force-general-who-delivered-a-powerful-lesson-in-leadership/?utm_term=.2e93875a5616

Get out!

Update.

But on Tuesday, the school made a jolting announcement. The person responsible for the racist messages, the academy said, was, in fact, one of the cadet candidates who reported being targeted by them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/11/08/a-black-student-wrote-those-racist-messages-that-shook-the-air-force-academy/?utm_term=.0cb08a91cc6b