Are there any racist institutions? How and why.

1 hour ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

As has been, quite frequently, the case in these scenarios lately.

When you attempt to implement a philosophy in which victimhood confers power, don't be surprised when people start to manufacture victimhood.

On 10/9/2017 at 9:08 AM, Tiberius said:

Not in the USAF!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?ebc=ANyPxKoSBbL2DHrJlWKqzryEDe7TsbKdGbqjQ8TuohmBy6j_WtSnt7mWnRDPM7imdLjtqXphKYBad7wqCj3y7iEJxIakMqQSqg&v=JbUnPeWaFr8

Lt. Gen. Jay Silveria had an important message for U.S. Air Force Academy cadets at a moment of crisis.

Five black cadet candidates at the academy’s preparatory school in Colorado Springs had found racial slurs written on the message boards on their doors.

Silveria, who took over as the school’s superintendent in August, urged cadets to reach for their phones.

“I want you to videotape this so you have it, so you can use it — so that we all have the moral courage together,” he said, surrounded by 1,500 of the academy’s faculty, administrators and athletic coaches.

“If you can’t treat someone with dignity and respect, get out.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2017/09/29/meet-the-air-force-general-who-delivered-a-powerful-lesson-in-leadership/?utm_term=.2e93875a5616

Get out!

Surprise, surprise , surprise!  Looks like he did get out, either by being expelled or quitting.

Edited by Wacka

The USMC.... one guy somewhere said, "It is the most racist and the least racist organization on the face of the Earth."

One can point to schools, arguing affirmative action was a positive injury... Like some guy did somewhere.

4 hours ago, Paulus said:

The USMC.... one guy somewhere said, "It is the most racist and the least racist organization on the face of the Earth."

One can point to schools, arguing affirmative action was a positive injury... Like some guy did somewhere.

Clarence Thomas makes a very compelling argument that affirmative action is injurious to those intended to benefit from it.

• 1 month later...

There are likely small local municipalities that have institutionally countenanced individual's racist behavior. Those understandings are so pervasive within that organization that they color the way they operate in their official capacity. In other words ... multi-generational bias that's made its way into the administrative or procedural operation of some officialized (read: "governmental") happening. 

It's not some modal thing, but it's just how **** flows behaviorally in that context of workplace homogeneity. And, owing to size (read: "small") and relative weights of individual influence, racism becomes, by extension, the acceptable institutional practice. 

I'm assuming that by "institutionalized" you're referring to official organizations, operating under the color of authority, countenancing racist practices as opposed to just a group of drunk cats, loosely affiliated, calling folks racial epithets. 

This isn't an indictment of anyone. It's equally appicable in the context of Charm City as it is in small sundowner towns in the Deep South. 

Im too lazy and drunk to read this whole thread. What does my nigga Boyst say on this shiznit?

Edited by Juror#8
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Juror#8 said:

There are likely small local municipalities that have institutionally countenanced individual's racist behavior. Those understandings are so pervasive within that organization that they color the way they operate in their official capacity. In other words ... multi-generational bias that's made its way into the administrative or procedural operation of some officialized (read: "governmental") happening. 

It's not some modal thing, but it's just how **** flows behaviorally in that context of workplace homogeneity. And, owing to size (read: "small") and relative weights of individual influence, racism becomes, by extension, the acceptable institutional practice. 

I'm assuming that by "institutionalized" you're referring to official organizations, operating under the color of authority, countenancing racist practices as opposed to just a group of drunk cats, loosely affiliated, calling folks racial epithets. 

This isn't an indictment of anyone. It's equally appicable in the context of Charm City as it is in small sundowner towns in the Deep South. 

Im too lazy and drunk to read this whole thread. What does my nigga Boyst say on this shiznit?

Ever since he bought some sheep he's been sticking pretty close to home.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Juror#8 said:

hard to refute what you're saying other than to simply remove the premise that it is all based off of racism.

often times municipalities breed their own culture and stick to it; my county is a dry county, for example in a state that until recently did not serve alcohol on sundays before 12pm.  the county refuses businesses that compete with its own local businesses (primarily barbeque restaurants).  the county limited itself in business and was persuaded by the furniture industry to keep competition low which kept wages and opportunity down.  now its a ghost town wrought with despair looking for a new identity with millions of sq footage in buildings that are collapsing on themselves that the city is paying millions of their own money to demolish.  our leaders here - protected the interests of themselves and  the short sited future of the county which is now the 2nd lowest income county in the state and 2nd lowest in wage average.

i'm not drunk, just 102F temperature as i battle some sort of respiratory ****. 

being a small town city wrapped up in its own lore (for lack of better words) does not entitle it to be deemed racist.  then again, it could be considered accidentally racist if one truly believes that one could be such a thing.

but, as a black man to my fellow black man, i must say... word to your mother.

Dont feel like writing a paper here going through all the intricacies of institutional and passed down racism or the nature of systemic racism

Is the country inherently within its institutional structure racist?

Absolutely not.

Is there still pockets of in your face racism in detroit boston or Charleston?

Yeah a little.

Does anything stop a normal black dude from having a prosperous good life?

No

Back enough sjw or black panther asshats into a corner and its always about reparations...

WHICH IS A REDUCTIO AD ABSURDUM

Edited by westerndecline

On December 16, 2017 at 7:02 PM, 3rdnlng said:

Ever since he bought some sheep he's been sticking pretty close to home.

Bro. Wow. Where ya been? Pot calling the kettle black I know but still ...I hadn't seen a post from you in a grip.

Hope you're doing well my friend. 

On December 16, 2017 at 7:42 PM, Boyst62 said:

hard to refute what you're saying other than to simply remove the premise that it is all based off of racism.

often times municipalities breed their own culture and stick to it; my county is a dry county, for example in a state that until recently did not serve alcohol on sundays before 12pm.  the county refuses businesses that compete with its own local businesses (primarily barbeque restaurants).  the county limited itself in business and was persuaded by the furniture industry to keep competition low which kept wages and opportunity down.  now its a ghost town wrought with despair looking for a new identity with millions of sq footage in buildings that are collapsing on themselves that the city is paying millions of their own money to demolish.  our leaders here - protected the interests of themselves and  the short sited future of the county which is now the 2nd lowest income county in the state and 2nd lowest in wage average.

i'm not drunk, just 102F temperature as i battle some sort of respiratory ****. 

being a small town city wrapped up in its own lore (for lack of better words) does not entitle it to be deemed racist.  then again, it could be considered accidentally racist if one truly believes that one could be such a thing.

but, as a black man to my fellow black man, i must say... word to your mother.

I see your point. I'm more so saying that there are little towns down south or even big towns in urban areas that have proceduralized individual intolerance. You won't see my black ass in certain little towns in Mississippi just like there are certain areas of Detroit or Baltimore that you wouldn't go and expect to be treated even-handedly vis a vis the locals in a situation where law enforcement needed to, let's just say, intercede. 

To to me that's all institutionalized racism. 

Edited by Juror#8

25 minutes ago, Juror#8 said:

Bro. Wow. Where ya been? Pot calling the kettle black I know but still ...I hadn't seen a post from you in a grip.

I see your point. I'm more so saying that there are little towns down south or even big towns in urban areas that have proceduralized individual intolerance. You won't see my black ass in certain little towns in Mississippi just like there are certain areas of Detroit or Baltimore that you wouldn't go and expect to be treated even-handedly vis a vis the locals in a situation where law enforcement needed to, let's just say, intercede. 

Hey. Due to some technical difficulties I couldn't sign in as 3rd but was posting as grinreaper. When SDS redid things here I was able to get my identity back. Good to see you here too. Don't be a stranger!

4 hours ago, Juror#8 said:

Are those like the white bitches area?  Cuz them crackers don't like me I'm straight all ballin black boy pop your ass with a gat drop back and launch 3's in you fool.

Federal hill, Sterling heights, yeah. Them places ain't want none of this black boi.

Those towns are all over, though, as you mentioned. It's not a white vs black thing or white vs anyone thing. It's a cultural habitat where you fit in or you don't. 

17 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Are those like the white bitches area?  Cuz them crackers don't like me I'm straight all ballin black boy pop your ass with a gat drop back and launch 3's in you fool.

Federal hill, Sterling heights, yeah. Them places ain't want none of this black boi.

Those towns are all over, though, as you mentioned. It's not a white vs black thing or white vs anyone thing. It's a cultural habitat where you fit in or you don't. 

Your Midnight Cowboy outfit won't fly in Camden.

Ain't Jemima.jpg

On December 18, 2017 at 10:15 PM, Boyst62 said:

Your first paragraph read like a twenty year old Master P song. 

I needed that tonight, bro. 

Yep, they are all over. The common denominator is indeed cultural differences - but they admit themselves through racial distinction. 

And that is not something that is uniquely white or uniquely black. There are racist institutions in the south just as they are present in the majority black urban megatropolis'. 

Racism, to the extent that it exists, does so for two reasons 

1. Because we historically see racial archetypes largely through stereotypical lenses and we psychologically separate out individuals, with whom we interact and like, as the exception to those stereotypes. 

To you, Boyst, brothers in the aggregate might always be what you remember from an nwa video - failures of the broken black family's ability to inculcate a sense of moral responsibility into their progeny and the strongest evidence yet for a slam dunk Charles Murray acquittal. 

Maybe.

If I'm in the south and I see a white cat with leaves and **** on his jacket, sporting a mullet, wrangler jeans, and a fish hook on his hat, I might think he's trying to get his James Byrd on, 

Maybe.

It's along the margins of those "maybes" where thinkings can be changed. 

Maybe. 

2. Most people who haven't had exposure to anything different continue to not have enough exposure to anything different in order that they might meaningfully care to change or challenge their own existing paradigms. That leaves exposure to different groups in the care of celebrity personalities and the ever-present-football-player-rapists. 

i see both of those changing because that outmoded thinking is being outpaced by the ubiquitousness of social media. I see it being a couple of generations away. 

Maybe. 

Anyway, I went to to an Ivy League graduate school. 

It it doesn't matter which one. 

What does matter is that, (other than my pale skin brothers) it was me, another brother,  few sisters, and a rack of Asians there in the early 2000s. 

Anyway, I was asked by an L1 that I was mentoring whether or not I felt a unique pressure to perform well in order to avoid the appearance that I was there to fill out a quota. 

"Bruh ... I'm 'order of the [mother!@#$ing] coif.' What's this pressure of which you speak?"

Then I was asked when I was a student panelist discussing the Bakke decision whether or not I felt that the African-American experience in higher education was adversely impacted or otherwise trivialized by the reality of an admissions architecture that wasn't entirely meritocratic. 

"Sister girl, I'm in the 170+ club, get the fack outta my face with that dumb ****." 

The point?

We all see too much color. 

Its even a underlying theme in some of the qb posts on the main board. 

We rely too much on soft stereotypes in how we view people. 

And then we qualify people based on those. 

You do. 

I do. 

We all do. 

When we're ready to stop that ****, we can move on to that colorless society that people blab on about.

Edited by Juror#8

7 hours ago, Juror#8 said:

Your first paragr on their own.tph read like a twenty year old Master P song. 

I needed that tonight, bro. 

Yep, they are all over. The common denominator is indeed cultural differences - but they admit themselves through racial distinction. 

And that is not something that is uniquely white or uniquely black. There are racist institutions in the south just as they are present in the majority black urban megatropolis'. 

Racism, to the extent that it exists, does so for two reasons 

1. Because we historically see racial archetypes largely through stereotypical lenses and we psychologically separate out individuals, with whom we interact and like, as the exception to those stereotypes. 

To you, Boyst, brothers in the aggregate might always be what you remember from an nwa video - failures of the broken black family's ability to inculcate a sense of moral responsibility into their progeny and the strongest evidence yet for a slam dunk Charles Murray acquittal. 

Maybe.

If I'm in the south and I see a white cat with leaves and **** on his jacket, sporting a mullet, wrangler jeans, and a fish hook on his hat, I might think he's trying to get his James Byrd on, 

Maybe.

It's along the margins of those "maybes" where thinkings can be changed. 

Maybe. 

2. Most people who haven't had exposure to anything different continue to not have enough exposure to anything different in order that they might meaningfully care to change or challenge their own existing paradigms. That leaves exposure to different groups in the care of celebrity personalities and the ever-present-football-player-rapists. 

i see both of those changing because that outmoded thinking is being outpaced by the ubiquitousness of social media. I see it being a couple of generations away. 

Maybe. 

Anyway, I went to to an Ivy League graduate school. 

It it doesn't matter which one. 

What does matter is that, (other than my pale skin brothers) it was me, another brother,  few sisters, and a rack of Asians there in the early 2000s. 

Anyway, I was asked by an L1 that I was mentoring whether or not I felt a unique pressure to perform well in order to avoid the appearance that I was there to fill out a quota. 

"Bruh ... I'm 'order of the [mother!@#$ing] coif.' What's this pressure of which you speak?"

Then I was asked when I was a student panelist discussing the Bakke decision whether or not I felt that the African-American experience in higher education was adversely impacted or otherwise trivialized by the reality of an admissions architecture that wasn't entirely meritocratic. 

"Sister girl, I'm in the 170+ club, get the fack outta my face with that dumb ****." 

The point?

We all see too much color. 

Its even a underlying theme in some of the qb posts on the main board. 

We rely too much on soft stereotypes in how we view people. 

And then we qualify people based on those. 

You do. 

I do. 

We all do. 

When we're ready to stop that ****, we can move on to that colorless society that people blab on about.

Juror, welcome back! I hope you're set up for a great holiday.

No idea how we get to the "colorblind society" until a vast majority does individually on their own.  But I expect we're actually close to there.  The experiences that color my world lead me to  believe we're really close.  YMMV.  (And I MIGHT have had A beer too many after my hockey game tonight (but don't tell anyone :p).)

Keep being a great dad to your daughter and don't be such a stranger.  Merry Christmas (4 days early)!

8 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Juror, welcome back! I hope you're set up for a great holiday.

No idea how we get to the "colorblind society" until a vast majority does individually on their own.  But I expect we're actually close to there.  The experiences that color my world lead me to  believe we're really close.  YMMV.  (And I MIGHT have had A beer too many after my hockey game tonight (but don't tell anyone :p).)

Keep being a great dad to your daughter and don't be such a stranger.  Merry Christmas (4 days early)!

I wanted to address this to Juror with a well thought out post several hours ago, mostly agreeing with him, but didn't feel I had the clarity to get into a serious conversation. I question whether or not we want to be a "colorblind" society. Do we really want to throw us all in a blender or do we want to evolve in a way that we can celebrate and rejoice in our differences? Taro T, you are a good poster and I hope you contribute more here at PPP.

Here’s Tucker Carlson’s handy list of 100 racist things from 2017. Is your favorite on the list?

The insanity of the identity politics-obsessed left becomes increasingly apparent as you work your way through the list.

It’s a reminder that the goons carrying tiki torches and pretending to be cast members in a revival of Triumph of the Will in Charlottesville aren’t the only group in America utterly obsessed with skin color.

When I reviewed Mark Lilla’s The Once and Future Liberal back in September, I asked “Can the Left Escape the Identity Politics Trap?

The answer, at a minimum, is not anytime soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Their genetics? Wow, he's a Republican alright 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/gop-lawmaker-apologizes-for-saying-black-people-abuse-weed-because-genetics

A Republican Kansas legislator apologized late Monday night for employing openly racist logic to explain why he believes marijuana should remain illegal. “Marijuana is an entry drug into the higher drugs,” State Rep. Jim Alford said at a legislative “coffee session” over the weekend. “What you really need to do is go back in the ’30s, when they outlawed all types of drugs in Kansas, across the United States. What was the reason why they did that?... I hate to say it, was that the African Americans, they were basically users and they basically responded the worst off to those drugs just because of their character makeup, their genetics and that.” No black people were among the 60-plus attendees at the event, The Garden City Telegramreported. “I apologize, I regret my comments and I sincerely apologize to anyone whom I have hurt,” Alford later said in a statement, according to the Telegram, emphasizing that he was just referring to “damaging effects on the African-American community.”

13 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Is there any evidence that racial/ethnic disparities exist in regards towards a disposition for more adverse impacts for marijuana use as exists with alchohol and other racial backgrounds?

evidence as in make up whatever you want to say?

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

No, evidence as in evidence.

There are differences between ethnicities/races in disease susceptibility and drug reaction.

but you cannot take the direct findings and convert them into public declarations.....

and the studies are funded by people with a rampant agenda that the "findings" will be right in line with....

27 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

No, evidence as in evidence.

There are differences between ethnicities/races in disease susceptibility and drug reaction.

And while different races might be biologically susceptible to addiction, that doesn't make them more susceptible to use, which is where the true stupidity of...basically all the studies lies.

11 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

You can if you are a soldier of the left and that demographic carve out helps fuel identity politics. 

You forgot the concept of a pathology. The left can’t make it stick with anyone who has a brain and a life.

• 5 weeks later...

Not the NHL!

Buffalo news today has the story of a racist harassment of Capitals player in Chicago. These "fans" only knew Smith-Pelly had a darker shade of skin than them so they hated on him. Just shows how ignorant racist are. That's the thing about these people, they judge everything by skin color, nothing about the content of person's character, their human capital or who and what they think. It's just colors and that it with them. 

I watched the Sabres-Ottawa game the other night and before the game the Sens had a promotion about how "Hockey is for everyone!" It went on and on, I thought, about every group that could play: girls, all races, disabled, transgenders etc. I just wanted to watch the game and thought, ya ya, lets go. But it is important to speak out against the haters and to encourage people to join in.

US NHL cities hand the front row tickets to thugs and idiots who pound the glass and get into it with the players.  

One fool in Philly fell into the penalty box with Tie  Domi after words were exchanged and received 14 rights to the head for his efforts.

in Toronto these seats are sacrosanct for agents and others spending $750 and then they sit in the rich man’s bar for the first half of the 2nd and 3rd and leave the seats 80 percent empty

17 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Not the NHL!

Buffalo news today has the story of a racist harassment of Capitals player in Chicago. These "fans" only knew Smith-Pelly had a darker shade of skin than them so they hated on him. Just shows how ignorant racist are. That's the thing about these people, they judge everything by skin color, nothing about the content of person's character, their human capital or who and what they think. It's just colors and that it with them. 

I watched the Sabres-Ottawa game the other night and before the game the Sens had a promotion about how "Hockey is for everyone!" It went on and on, I thought, about every group that could play: girls, all races, disabled, transgenders etc. I just wanted to watch the game and thought, ya ya, lets go. But it is important to speak out against the haters and to encourage people to join in.

That's Chicago for ya. A lot of racists come from there. One of them even became president. He even had a wife who wasn't proud of our country until he got elected. She even got caught saying "All this for a flag"? But, that's Chicago for ya.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Not the NHL!

Buffalo news today has the story of a racist harassment of Capitals player in Chicago.

One Capitals player, by one Blackhawks fan.  Chanting "basketball."

I'm going to start chanting random words at people, just to see if I can get people to cry "Racism!"