Mike Gillisllee - Combine News

Fixxxer

Bush must have had compromising photos of someone. (Rex, is that you?)

OK, THAT would be a lot! Maybe looking longer term? What does Shady cost in cap/dead money after next year?

He probably should have taken some photos of holes, so he knew where to run once he got the ball. Might have saved him a lot of time rather then running sideways aimlessly

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bush must have had compromising photos of someone. (Rex, is that you?)

OK, THAT would be a lot! Maybe looking longer term? What does Shady cost in cap/dead money after next year?

If we cut him this year and designate him a post June 1st cut we clear $6.25 mil in cap space.

Maybe McCoy's job isn't secure. In 2017 you can't justify allocating that much money to the RB spot.

Gillislee is not an UFA, he is a RFA, which means that he can be tendered anywhere from around $800k-$2.5m-ish, if I remember right. Another team could sign him, but if he is given any of the higher designations, we would be reimbursed anywhere from a 2nd round pick, or a 1st round pick, to even a 1st AND 3rd round pick. So he's not going anywhere unless we get very well reimbursed. At least, I know this used to be how that RFA signing went... has it changed? I don't see what the worry is, here.

Gillislee is not an UFA, he is a RFA, which means that he can be tendered anywhere from around $800k-$2.5m-ish, if I remember right. Another team could sign him, but if he is given any of the higher designations, we would be reimbursed anywhere from a 2nd round pick, or a 1st round pick, to even a 1st AND 3rd round pick. So he's not going anywhere unless we get very well reimbursed. At least, I know this used to be how that RFA signing went... has it changed? I don't see what the worry is, here.

I'm not worried as much as I am trying to decipher their plans (this year and next). Shady is great when healthy, but how much do you invest in RB?

Would be extremely Billsy to pay a backup RB $5m per year when the most you have to pay him this year is $2.8m.

But.....if you pay him more than needed this year, to lock him up for future years when Shady is no longer present, what's the long term cost for the position? Just wondering.

That seems like a large number for him.Especially knowing Shady's numbers are gonna be 8mil+ and J Will waiting in the wings. TD Mike is a good,solid back,but anything over 2-3mil and you gotta let him walk. If we tender him,and he opts for greener pastures,doesn't that mean we'd receive a comp pick next year tho? Maybe we are just trying to protect ourselves in that regard?

The last CBA in 2011 changed that a bit. There are 3 tenders now for RFA's: Right of First Refusal, Right of First Refusal + 2nd Round Draft pick, and Right of First Refusal + 1st round draft pick. The reported $4-5 M offer would certainly be a 1st round qualifier.

If those yearly figurez are correct. I dont thimk the Bills will get much competition. Thats a good amount even for a starter.

In comes the riff-raff....

...fair warning, chris66 is a Patsie.... that's right lets just get that into the open.

Perhaps one of the more "reasonable" for a Pats fan.

Pats fans should be on a kind of "sex offender registy" where they have to go thread by thread notifying people of their fanship to the cheating demons. Or put it in their sig, a simple 2 words "Abominable Patsie"

Yes. Im a Pats fan. Grew up and live in RI. I also pay close attention to the Bills. I watch every game, I also think the Bills probably have the most individual talent in the division

Yeah I have given you a hard time over the years....

...so I thought the folks over here at TBD might want to get a few jabs in... lol

You know what I'm talking about, you are from witch country.

Always liked Mike going back to Florida, he was the one bright spot on his team his senior year. Was surprised he was available when we got him. With that said, we would be dumb to pay him 4 - 5 mil a yr at this time when we can just use a high tender on him as a RFA.