Bills reportedly would have interest in Trevor Siemian

Along with a QB who continued to be inaccurate and turn the ball over at awful times.... their defense and special teams bailed them out in games. It was the reason they were 7-3 at the BYE.

Honestly, Siemien wasn't really that bad. They had bad line problems and an awful running game. It really impacted the offense. I'm not saying he's ever going to be great, but he is objectively better than the guy who many thought would get that job (Osweiler). He has decent accuracy, reads the field well, and his arm is good enough. Taylor is better, however.

Edited by dave mcbride

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We agreed a lot on Rex but this is crazy. I think it's silly to think Whaley cares more about getting his guy than winning. If Tyrod was legit and could help us to the playoffs, Whaley looks good.

Whaley just might not think TT is good enough to pay a decent amount of money to it. It's not personal.

He literally put EJ manuel on the field the last game of the year.

I really don't want to have to learn to spell his name though

@allbrightNFL

If the #Broncos do end up with Romo, the #Bills would have interest in acquiring Trevor Siemian.

It would make sense. If the price is right. He's young and still developing.

For those saying they'd rather have Siemian, IMHO the relevant response is that Tyrod just finished his sixth year in the league and has 29 starts, while Siemian just finished his second year and his 14th game, and had three fourth-quarter comebacks and two game-winning drives in those 14 games.

If Siemian is at his ceiling, I'd agree that - money aside - Tyrod would be a better choice. But there's no reason to think Siemian is at his ceiling. It's early days for him.

Edited by Thurman#1

Did you actally even watch Simeon play?

His supporting cast was soooo much better then Tyrod's....better pass catcher's.....solid runnng game.....a defense that just kept giving the ball back to him

and....he was still bad

If Dennison is pushing to bring him to Buffalo that speaks volumes. That means he has seen enough in the kid to risk is reputation as a coach with a new team and a new boss. We as fans are quick to pass ourselves off as the experts who think we know more than the coaches or the GMs. Again, if Siemian truly sucked, as some on here have professed, than why would Dennison want to bring him to Buffalo. Now maybe this whole issue is no issue at all. Maybe it's just another unsubstantiated rumor with no basis of truth. But if it ends up that he comes to Buffalo that says that Dennison saw enough of him in Denver to convince his new boss to bring him here.

We were all told when they drafted Cardale that he was a project (still had a lot to learn). When they say that, it doesn't usually mean the kid will be ready to start in year 2. Plus, it will be a new offense for him this year. A project usually means a few years work.

And we have all seen (at many positions over the last few seasons) what happens when you don't have a solid plan B.

So, I have to think the interest in Siemian would be for the #2 job. I expect them to keep Tyrod. And when you have a running QB, you always have to worry about injury (even though Tyrod has been pretty durable). EJ will be gone. So, maybe the staff doesn't want to hang their hat on a very green, 2nd year player, in a new offense if Tyrod were to go down.

Siemian knows the system, has some experience, possibly some upside, Dennison knows him (his strengths and weaknesses), and he won't command starter money by any means. So, he would make a perfect backup for 2017.

Edited by folz

If Dennison is pushing to bring him to Buffalo that speaks volumes. That means he has seen enough in the kid to risk is reputation as a coach with a new team and a new boss. We as fans are quick to pass ourselves off as the experts who think we know more than the coaches or the GMs. Again, if Siemian truly sucked, as some on here have professed, than why would Dennison want to bring him to Buffalo. Now maybe this whole issue is no issue at all. Maybe it's just another unsubstantiated rumor with no basis of truth. But if it ends up that he comes to Buffalo that says that Dennison saw enough of him in Denver to convince his new boss to bring him here.

Lets not forget that this coaching staff has worked with Tyrod as well

and we actually dont know that the OC is pushing for anything......the bills have been very tight lipped this offseason for a change.

We will see soon enough

His supporting cast was soooo much better then Tyrod's....better pass catcher's.....solid runnng game.....a defense that just kept giving the ball back to him

and....he was still bad

A solid running game? Seriously? And you're asking if he actually even watched Denver play?

They ran for 3.6 yards per carry. If that's solid, I'd hate to see your idea of bad.

It was much the opposite of the situation with Tyrod. Denver's opponents didn't have to worry about the run game so they spent their efforts trying to figure out ways to attack the pass game. Whereas Buffalo's opponents didn't have to worry about their pass game, just tried to "make him be a QB," and did their best to stop the run game, with little success.

We were all told when they drafted Cardale that he was a project (still had a lot to learn). When they say that, it doesn't usually mean the kid will be ready to start in year 2. Plus, it will be a new offense for him this year. A project usually means a few years work.

And we have all seen (at many positions over the last few seasons) what happens when you don't have a solid plan B.

So, I have to think the interest in Siemian would be for the #2 job. I expect them to keep Tyrod. And when you have a running QB, you always have to worry about injury (even though Tyrod has been pretty durable). EJ will be gone. So, maybe the staff doesn't want to hang their hat on a very green, 2nd year player, in a new offense if Tyrod were to go down.

Siemian knows the system, has some experience, possibly some upside, Dennison knows him (his strengths and weaknesses), and he won't command starter money by any means. So, he would make a perfect backup for 2017.

What they would have to give in trade for the second-year Siemian would not reasonably allow them to keep him as a #2.

I don't see them actually getting Siemian, but I'd like it if they did. He's not near his ceiling.

Edited by Thurman#1

Lets not forget that this coaching staff has worked with Tyrod as well

and we actually dont know that the OC is pushing for anything......the bills have been very tight lipped this offseason for a change.

We will see soon enough

And this fact also could reveal a great deal! Since Dennison has worked with both Taylor and Siemian if Taylor is released and Siemian is indeed ends up in Buffalo that would tell you what Dennison thinks of both QBs.

Absolutely gross.

Whaley is a f***ing joke.

You may want to take in to account that it is probably completely made up by someone who is shilling for "marquee" teams live Denver and constantly runs down "inferior" teams like the Bills before you blame Whaley for something he hasn't even done.

You may want to take in to account that it is probably completely made up by someone who is shilling for "marquee" teams live Denver and constantly runs down "inferior" teams like the Bills before you blame Whaley for something he hasn't even done.

i love when people bash whaley for rumors and stuff that he hasnt even done. Makes it pretty obvious the guy can do no right to them and he is simply next in line for people to blame to get their agenda across Edited by Pbomb

A solid running game? Seriously? And you're asking if he actually even watched Denver play?

They ran for 3.6 yards per carry. If that's solid, I'd hate to see your idea of bad.

It was much the opposite of the situation with Tyrod. Denver's opponents didn't have to worry about the run game so they spent their efforts trying to figure out ways to attack the pass game. Whereas Buffalo's opponents didn't have to worry about their pass game, just tried to "make him be a QB," and did their best to stop the run game, with little success.

What they would have to give in trade for the second-year Siemian would not reasonably allow them to keep him as a #2.

I don't see them actually getting Siemian, but I'd like it if they did. He's not near his ceiling.

Actually I mispoke on the running game....what I meant to say is they make a concerted effort to run the ball (and not successfully) this past year to support their 7th round qb.

Lets keep in mind here....two different type of qbs....TT actually helps the running game go (our running backs did NOT do it by themselves their mobille option read qb kept defenses honest and he had a fair amount of running yards himself)

Simeon is not Tyrod Taylor.....none of the options being thrown out (that are realistic) are as good as TT........the only thing we dont know is how good a rookie unknown would be because we have not seen them play yet.

and....he was still bad

They had a horrible running game and terrible o-line play, actually.

The plan should be to get the franchise QB in 2018 guys. It just isn't likely we'll find one in free agency or this year's draft, which means if we want to win a championship we need to think long term and not about how we can win 8 or 9 games next year.

This draft should be WR, three D backs, RT and getting a stud kicker. Set the table for two and three years from now. A guy like Trevor at qb with Cardale as backup is fine with me. Tyrod is too good to keep for a rebuilding year but not good enough to win a championship. If he stays we continue to tread water and end up drafting at 15 next year when the franchise qb's are gone.

This is the curse of mediocrity and the reason you don't ever want a GM or HC to prioritize winning now just to say he got in the playoffs over building a legitimate championship team. There's a difference and I hope Pegula sees it.

We will never get a franchise QB anywhere but the draft, but I would not draft a qb this year. Gotta think long term. 2018 draft is where we can hit paydirt on a qb.

and....he was still bad

Making things up about Denvers run game to push your TT the god narrative.

Gross.

The plan should be to get the franchise QB in 2018 guys. It just isn't likely we'll find one in free agency or this year's draft, which means if we want to win a championship we need to think long term and not about how we can win 8 or 9 games next year.

This draft should be WR, three D backs, RT and getting a stud kicker. Set the table for two and three years from now. A guy like Trevor at qb with Cardale as backup is fine with me. Tyrod is too good to keep for a rebuilding year but not good enough to win a championship. If he stays we continue to tread water and end up drafting at 15 next year when the franchise qb's are gone.

This is the curse of mediocrity and the reason you don't ever want a GM or HC to prioritize winning now just to say he got in the playoffs over building a legitimate championship team. There's a difference and I hope Pegula sees it.

We will never get a franchise QB anywhere but the draft, but I would not draft a qb this year. Gotta think long term. 2018 draft is where we can hit paydirt on a qb.

Bills are very good at shooting themselves in the foot. Never underestimate our ability to get in own way even when the universe is trying to help us.

I tend to think Siemien is better than Tyrod. He comparatively, did more for his team to win games than Tyrod did, as a passer. Keep in mind he's young, had an awful run game, and had a much inferior O-line to Tyrod.

Fwiw, Siemien had games where he put up chunks of yards and you really can't forget that Tyrod has been anchored by Shady for two years. We like to say that Tyrod boosts the run game but it goes both ways and I'd tend to lean the run game is carrying more weight.

I guess I'll start contributing to the offseason rabble and not just "I Miss my BBMB" ranting.

Siemian did some positive things in Denver, I watched most of the games, but I think the ceiling is really low. He's not a big guy, noodle arm, not very athletic, spotty accuracy, not great at reads. Yeah, he could continue to develop, but I just don't you've got an All Pro in the works . Kubiak was always great at getting the best out of QBs, and Siemian is no exception.

He did not have the running game or offensive line support that would aid a young QB, but he did have a defense that bailed out the offense numerous times and the best wide receiver duo in the league to throw to and didn't exactly torch any secondaries late in the season.

Edited by TheElectricCompany