official Buffalo Bills message board shut down

Here's the thing, if they can't handle a message board meltdown, how are they going to handle a football team?

It's just a message board. I could handle a meltdown on that by myself.

But what we have is an NFL management team, who can't handle a rowdy message board. That scares me.

That board was an important place for hundreds of the thousands of people who used it for around 15 years. It was rude and mean spirited and disrespectful to just shut it down like they did. Cowardly even. If they had been rasied rtight they would have known you give people a chance to connect and reminisce and say goodbye. And yes you have to handle some posters who would have been melting down. Big deal.

The Buffalo Bills humiliate and debase themselves and they don't even realize it. Afraid of message board posters going off, that is just pathetic.

Yeah shutting it down like that was a horrible move. A warning of some kind would have been nice, I enjoyed the conversations I had there and worst case scenario forum members could have stayed in touch. Plus lots of good discussions buried underneath all the BS, lost to the ages now.

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the thing, if they can't handle a message board meltdown, how are they going to handle a football team?

But what we have is an NFL management team, who can't handle a rowdy message board. That scares me.

That board was an important place for hundreds of the thousands of people who used it for around 15 years. It was rude and mean spirited and disrespectful to just shut it down like they did. Cowardly even. If they had been rasied rtight they would have known you give people a chance to connect and reminisce and say goodbye. And yes you have to handle some posters who would have been melting down. Big deal.

The Buffalo Bills humiliate and debase themselves and they don't even realize it. Afraid of message board posters going off, that is just pathetic.

Thank you, Meanie for articulating what so many of us feel.

I must say tho, I thought the board went down due to a cyber attack or a severe need for an upgrade. It just seemed so - "in the middle of the dayish". Jeez, I was in the middle of posting something.

I also think that OBD is just too chicken to hear REAL criticism and perhaps, as hot asa it was over there, it was about to get hotter.

Anyway, Thanks again, Meanie

That's how I felt when I got banned. I received a temporary ban for using the phrase "EJ apologists" and I created a duplicate so that I could dispute the ban with a mod, and then I got a permaban. I was pissed. I enjoyed that place.

Thank you for having me. So much to get used to here! Trying to figure out what the shout box is for one...

Sort of a real time chat - gets fun during games (O_o), but is just a everyday chatter on here.

If you think that's strange, explore the PPP board!

That's how I felt when I got banned. I received a temporary ban for using the phrase "EJ apologists" and I created a duplicate so that I could dispute the ban with a mod, and then I got a permaban. I was pissed. I enjoyed that place.

We call apologists fanboys !

You're one of about 10 on the BBMB that I enjoyed reading their posts. Welcome.

So 7 more than here :)?

Wouldn't it be fun if with all these new posters Scott made us do away with the same number? It would be like relegation in the Premier League. I wonder who would get voted off? Would mrags stay?

Sort of a real time chat - gets fun during games (O_o), but is just a everyday chatter on here.

If you think that's strange, explore the PPP board!

Do the gameday threads get crazy?

I think every weekend there was a 100-200 page gameday thread that was absolutely insane. Or does the shout box kind of take over that "can't-help-but-post-every-inane-thought" during the game function?