2017 NFL combine

No what you do is trade out of there gain another pick to fill another Whaley created void.

I don't think you should trade down just for the sake of it. If there is an elite talent at 10 that can help us win games then I'd like to see us get him.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You pick in the top 10, you take an elite talent. I can make a great case for McDowell to be considered BPA when we pick.

I get the needs elsewhere but Malik is an absolute stud. A lot depends on who's left but he's high on my list if he's there.

I agree.If BPA dictates DL or LB at ten,take him. Kyle is in his last year,seemingly, and LB is a must imo. DB is deep this year.take what the draft gives us,and continue to build. McDermott has said it all starts up front,on both sides of the ball. I wouldnt be surprised to see those type of moves come draft day,regardless of our perceived holes elsewhere. I look for cuts to free up enough room to find a WR2 in FA and follow coach's philosophy by building the trenches

All 3 USC OL posted awful times.

Banner - 5.58, 1.94 10-split.

Mama - 5.84 (!), 1.95 10-split.

Wheeler - 5.43, 1.89 10-split.

Stunned by Wheeler, he plays way faster than that. Wonder if he just got lazy.

Oh god, you're here? I'm leaving.

Edited by Julio Hopkins

Baby Lewan just ran a 4.97 40-time. 1,71 10-split. Oh my :)

Meanwhile Zach Banner moves like a man carrying a fridge on his back.

Banner is a guard in the 90s, too big and slow in today's NFL.

Honestly, you deserve it for abandoning me on the BBMB.

You heartless European.

His British, get it right, they also left the Union.

You pick in the top 10, you take an elite talent. I can make a great case for McDowell to be considered BPA when we pick.

I get the needs elsewhere but Malik is an absolute stud. A lot depends on who's left but he's high on my list if he's there.

I think McDowell might be the most athletic DLman in the draft, possibly on par with Garrett, maybe more physically gifted. Technically he is limited IMO at this point in his development, hand wise for sure. I see Mario Williams physical talent in him and his poor attitude(?) and what I would consider lack of heart at times (although I think that is a different situation with McDowell not having a lot around him top a certain degree) and intrinsic motivation to boot. Elite athlete I get, but sell me on the rest if you dont mind, I can wrap my head around him. Besides the ankle, what happened last year? Is 2015 the real Malik?

Agreed. You don't get better drafting for need.

No what you do is trade out of there gain another pick to fill another Whaley created void.

There is always a VERY vocal group who believes we should trade back with every single pick. It takes two to tango. Sure, I'd love to trade our 10 for 14 and a second rounder. I'd also like to trade back in the 2nd and pick up a later 2nd round pick for our efforts, but this is a pipe dream without teams willing to trade. This is a super deep draft, EVERYONE would like to move back and pick up extra picks.

Agreed. You don't get better drafting for need.

There is always a VERY vocal group who believes we should trade back with every single pick. It takes two to tango. Sure, I'd love to trade our 10 for 14 and a second rounder. I'd also like to trade back in the 2nd and pick up a later 2nd round pick for our efforts, but this is a pipe dream without teams willing to trade. This is a super deep draft, EVERYONE would like to move back and pick up extra picks.

This is the top thing that annoys me with draft talk. Yes EVERYONE would love to drop down 10 picks and pick up an extra 2nd or a 1st next year. Last weekend I caught the guys on Fox Radio going through the top 5 teams, it's the weekend team so it comes with a massive grain of salt, but their plan A for each of the top 5 teams was trading back. Ridiculous.

I think McDowell might be the most athletic DLman in the draft, possibly on par with Garrett, maybe more physically gifted. Technically he is limited IMO at this point in his development, hand wise for sure. I see Mario Williams physical talent in him and his poor attitude(?) and what I would consider lack of heart at times (although I think that is a different situation with McDowell not having a lot around him top a certain degree) and intrinsic motivation to boot. Elite athlete I get, but sell me on the rest if you dont mind, I can wrap my head around him. Besides the ankle, what happened last year? Is 2015 the real Malik?

I wrote about him a couple months ago. If you give this a read over, I'm happy to answer any other questions you might have - http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/01/09/buffalo-bills-nfl-draft-spotlight-msu-dl-malik-mcdowell-scouting-report/