2017 NFL combine

??? - its going to sound like Im picking a fight, but Im not trying too, are you nucking futs??? He's been dominate since stepping on the field in 2014 and against 8 man boxes the overwhelming majority of the time, at times 9, with really no QB worth a **** to back D's out of the box. Anyone who's followed LF's college career would strongly disagree. A high ankle sprain limited him in the 2nd half this past season and starting-during the season in general, he was still special watch him vs. Ole Miss for instance. However, hes been special since the day he arrived in Baton Rouge, sliced bread special.

I get why people would rate Cook higher given how many offenses in the NFL operate today, but having watched every game Fournette has played in, he was starting to be targeted in the passing game at the end of 2015 and through this year they game planned to include him in the passing game, prior to that, not so much. He has improved significantly catching the ball out of the backfield in the last 8-10 games or so he's played in. He's not as natural at it as Cook is, but he can be a factor and needs to work on it, Cook drops more passes than the media is giving him credit for. Fournette needs to tighten up and give more effort as a blocker, but Cook has more than his fare share of issues in protection. Cook is also more of a "one trick" pony himself in a sense, he's not shown to be much ability to run between the tackles and likes to bounce it alot, and has more than his share of fumbles. Their long speed is comprible. I would disagree that gap is that big between the two, both are capable homerun hitters in their own right, one uses power the other agility and quick feet to reach their speed, DC is a better receiver naturally out of the backfield, but puts the ball on the ground more and is more of a liability in pass protection.

I think they are both potential studs, team preference will vary.

I agree about the broad jump :pirate:

Fire away.... Aargh...

Folks tend to overthink it with QBs and RBs, not sure why.

Fournette is going to get drafted high, probably by Carolina, and will dominate at AP-level for the next 4-9 years.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feast Mode strikes again. Fournette, geez.

@charlesrobinson

#LSU running back Leonard Fournette has weighed in at the combine at 240 pounds. #Volunteers Alvin Kamara tipped the scales at 214.

Leonard Fournette weighed in at 240 pounds, the heaviest of all RBs. The lightest? San Diego State's Donnel Pumphrey (176). #NFLCombine

thought he was that big anyway?

Didn't Foreman weigh 250?

I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

@JoshNorris 23m23 minutes ago

Forrest Lamp

6'4/309 lbs

32 1/4" arms

10 5/8" hands

Arms measured in over an inch longer than at that Senior Bowl (31 1/8)

stretch-armstrong-stretch.jpg

??? - its going to sound like Im picking a fight, but Im not trying too, are you nucking futs??? He's been dominate since stepping on the field in 2014 and against 8 man boxes the overwhelming majority of the time, at times 9, with really no QB worth a **** to back D's out of the box. Anyone who's followed LF's college career would strongly disagree. A high ankle sprain limited him in the 2nd half this past season and starting-during the season in general, he was still special watch him vs. Ole Miss for instance. However, hes been special since the day he arrived in Baton Rouge, sliced bread special.

I get why people would rate Cook higher given how many offenses in the NFL operate today, but having watched every game Fournette has played in, he was starting to be targeted in the passing game at the end of 2015 and through this year they game planned to include him in the passing game, prior to that, not so much. He has improved significantly catching the ball out of the backfield in the last 8-10 games or so he's played in. He's not as natural at it as Cook is, but he can be a factor and needs to work on it, Cook drops more passes than the media is giving him credit for. Fournette needs to tighten up and give more effort as a blocker, but Cook has more than his fare share of issues in protection. Cook is also more of a "one trick" pony himself in a sense, he's not shown to be much ability to run between the tackles and likes to bounce it alot, and has more than his share of fumbles. Their long speed is comprible. I would disagree that gap is that big between the two, both are capable homerun hitters in their own right, one uses power the other agility and quick feet to reach their speed, DC is a better receiver naturally out of the backfield, but puts the ball on the ground more and is more of a liability in pass protection.

I think they are both potential studs, team preference will vary.

I agree about the broad jump :pirate:

Fire away.... Aargh...

No worries and I will defer to you on this. I rarely watch LSU because they are a boring team. But I do understand your point about the defenses he faced because they had horrible qb play. Perhaps I'm letting the Alabama game cloud my judgment because I was very unimpressed by him.

With any draft pick, the team they go to is what matters. As some as pointed out, playing for Carolina seems like a great match. I'm just not a big fan of 2 down backs but perhaps he has better hands than I'm giving him credit for.

Side note, but end should be able to turn pro whenever they want. Their careers are so short so why waste time in college shortening them? Especially LF who looks like he is a 40 year old man already.

Trubisky 6'2", 222 pounds, 9 1/2" hands.

Kizer 6'4", 233 pounds, 9 7/8" hands.

Watson 6'2 1/2", 221 pounds, 9 3/4" hands.

Mahomes 6'2", 225 pounds, 9 1/4" hands.

All clear every major threshold for the majority of teams, although some teams will downgrade Mahomes for just making their baseline.

Edited by Blokestradamus

Not a fan of him in the 1st but that's my guy. I get it, I'm the only one. I don't particularly care :D

Hey, there are other guys smarter than me that like Kizer the best. Inside the Pylon likes Kizer. Was just trying to get a dig in on Whaley's QB "scouting" preferences.

Not a fan of him in the 1st but that's my guy. I get it, I'm the only one. I don't particularly care :D

lol you are definitely not the only one. As someone who doesn't actually watch film though I find him hard to evaluate because ND was such a sh*tshow last year.

Hey, there are other guys smarter than me that like Kizer the best. Inside the Pylon likes Kizer. Was just trying to get a dig in on Whaley's QB "scouting" preferences.

I understand that. Was my first thought as well, actually. Yet another big guy he thinks is Ben.

I know a few guys in draft media circles that like him, I know a few that dislike him a lot. Myself and Mark Schofield both have concerns with mechanics but we have a slightly different reasoning to it. Mark is a former college QB and I draw reference from a different sport entirely so I'll happily concede to him that he's likely right and I'm wrong. We both think he's fixable though with a high ceiling.

Mark is super smart though, this explains his concerns - http://insidethepylon.com/pylon-u/teams-ncaa/division-ia-fbs/fbs-independents/notre-dame-fighting-irish/2016/09/13/deshone-kizer-study-throwing-mechanics/

Edited by Blokestradamus

I understand that. Was my first thought as well, actually. Yet another big guy he thinks is Ben.

I know a few guys in draft media circles that like him, I know a few that dislike him a lot. Myself and Mark Schofield both have concerns with mechanics but we have a slightly different reasoning to it. Mark is a former college QB and I draw reference from a different sport entirely so I'll happily concede to him that he's likely right and I'm wrong. We both think he's fixable though with a high ceiling.

Mark is super smart though, this explains his concerns - http://insidethepylon.com/pylon-u/teams-ncaa/division-ia-fbs/fbs-independents/notre-dame-fighting-irish/2016/09/13/deshone-kizer-study-throwing-mechanics/

Yes, Mark is must read stuff.

I was hoping he'd drop to day 3, but not looking good for that.

maybe the Bills take him in the 2nd. I still think they might trade down in the first and pick up an extra 2nd and recoup their 4th. Every time I do a mock draft I feel underwhelmed about what is there at 10 from a value standpoint and anyone i want i would rather take in the teens.

Bucky Hodges came in at 6'6", colour me a little shocked. 257 pounds though, I'm not playing that body at WR and I'm not picking him to play TE.

We already have our VaTech TE. Logan Thomas babyyyyy

Any weight yet on Noah Brown? He struggles to keep it down to WR level. Came into the season lean and left too heavy again. Not tall enough to play TE (except maybe in a GRo offense)

Edited by YoloinOhio

maybe the Bills take him in the 2nd. I still think they might trade down in the first and pick up an extra 2nd and recoup their 4th. Every time I do a mock draft I feel underwhelmed about what is there at 10 from a value standpoint and anyone i want i would rather take in the teens.

The only reason that I don't like a trade-down in the 1st is because I'm underwhelmed by the crop of 2nd-round receivers. I might be able to get myself comfortable enough with JuJu, Jalen, or Zay Jones to want them in R2, and if so, then I'll wholly endorse a trade-down in the 1st (as long as it ends with a Mahomes selection :lol: )

The corner class is deep enough that I'm fine waiting until day 2 to get a Howard Wilson, Tankersley, etc.

Bucky Hodges came in at 6'6", colour me a little shocked. 257 pounds though, I'm not playing that body at WR and I'm not picking him to play TE.

The Tankersley showdown really soured me on Hodges...if you can't dominate a corner at his size, and you aren't enough of a speed guy to be a move-TE, then what's the point?