2017 NFL combine

Feast Mode strikes again. Fournette, geez.

@charlesrobinson

#LSU running back Leonard Fournette has weighed in at the combine at 240 pounds. #Volunteers Alvin Kamara tipped the scales at 214.

Leonard Fournette weighed in at 240 pounds, the heaviest of all RBs. The lightest? San Diego State's Donnel Pumphrey (176). #NFLCombine

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He had the ankle injury last season but is expected to run. That was the whole reason he skipped the bowl game, so he could start training and not aggravate ankle in the game.

@sigmundbloom

Fournette's O/U for 40 time prop bet is 4.43. Fastest combine 40 ever for 240+ lb RB is 4.53

Wouldn't be shocked if he ran 4.45, even at 240. He's remarkably quick in the straight line.

If they have an Alabama defender run at him as he takes off, might take all day.

My guess for him is 4.5 flat, and I don't think it should affect his draft stock either way.

My guess for him is 4.5 flat, and I don't think it should affect his draft stock either way.

4.50 is a good estimate. If Derrick Henry went 4.54 at 247 pounds, that should put them on equal footing as straight line athletes considering weight density.

More interested in the 3-cone and short shuttle though. That's where Henry fell short.

And the one-man bar fight checked in looking GOOOD

@TheJoeMarino

Utah OT Garrett Bolles checks in at 6'5'', 297 lbs. with 34" arms.

Edited by Blokestradamus

4.50 is a good estimate. If Derrick Henry went 4.54 at 247 pounds, that should put them on equal footing as straight line athletes considering weight density.

More interested in the 3-cone and short shuttle though. That's where Henry fell short.

And the one-man bar fight checked in looking GOOOD

@TheJoeMarino

Utah OT Garrett Bolles checks in at 6'5'', 297 lbs. with 34" arms.

Wow...good arm length for him

Wouldn't be shocked if he ran 4.45, even at 240. He's remarkably quick in the straight line.

If they have an Alabama defender run at him as he takes off, might take all day.

his 40 time not as important here as his change of direction

@charlesrobinson

#LSU running back Leonard Fournette has weighed in at the combine at 240 pounds. #Volunteers Alvin Kamara tipped the scales at 214.

Leonard Fournette weighed in at 240 pounds, the heaviest of all RBs. The lightest? San Diego State's Donnel Pumphrey (176). #NFLCombine

His playing weight was 234/5, 240 isnt that significant of a increase. His field/play speed is fine, he runs away from most and gets caught from behind by few. Im speculating that he runs a 4.5 or better, but when being chased he has an extra gear. I cant see him hurting his stock at the combine unless he commits an act of DV or pops on a drug test. His game tape says it all.

I totally agree. Smart fans know this, but the media really should emphasize the shuttle times more than they do. I guess straight-line times are just easier for people to follow ...

same thing happens every year. Bosa 40 time not blazing but his 3 cone was nuts. Michael Thomas 40 not great but his 10 yard split was faster than Listenbee.

40 time is most critical imo for CBs.

Edited by YoloinOhio

@charlesrobinson

LF had that amazing start a couple of years ago but hasn't been anything that special since. I think the gap between him and Cook is a pretty big one. Very rarely can you just be a one trick pony in today's NFL. Cook is going to be a stud.

I totally agree. Smart fans know this, but the media really should emphasize the shuttle times more than they do. I guess straight-line times are just easier for people to follow ...

Broad jump is also a pretty important drill to measure explosiveness.

Wow, the man's arms grew an inch since the senior bowl. Imagine what they will be like by the regular season!

Apparently a big !@#$ up at the Senior Bowl with measurements. Expect a bunch of results changing like this.

I figured as much, never bought Lamp being that stubby.

Apparently a big !@#$ up at the Senior Bowl with measurements. Expect a bunch of results changing like this.

I figured as much, never bought Lamp being that stubby.

Nah, Lamp just hung from a pull-up bar for 8 hours a day and let his 309 lbs do the work

LF had that amazing start a couple of years ago but hasn't been anything that special since. I think the gap between him and Cook is a pretty big one. Very rarely can you just be a one trick pony in today's NFL. Cook is going to be a stud.

Broad jump is also a pretty important drill to measure explosiveness.

??? - its going to sound like Im picking a fight, but Im not trying too, are you nucking futs??? He's been dominate since stepping on the field in 2014 and against 8 man boxes the overwhelming majority of the time, at times 9, with really no QB worth a **** to back D's out of the box. Anyone who's followed LF's college career would strongly disagree. A high ankle sprain limited him in the 2nd half this past season and starting-during the season in general, he was still special watch him vs. Ole Miss for instance. However, hes been special since the day he arrived in Baton Rouge, sliced bread special.

I get why people would rate Cook higher given how many offenses in the NFL operate today, but having watched every game Fournette has played in, he was starting to be targeted in the passing game at the end of 2015 and through this year they game planned to include him in the passing game, prior to that, not so much. He has improved significantly catching the ball out of the backfield in the last 8-10 games or so he's played in. He's not as natural at it as Cook is, but he can be a factor and needs to work on it, Cook drops more passes than the media is giving him credit for. Fournette needs to tighten up and give more effort as a blocker, but Cook has more than his fare share of issues in protection. Cook is also more of a "one trick" pony himself in a sense, he's not shown to be much ability to run between the tackles and likes to bounce it alot, and has more than his share of fumbles. Their long speed is comprible. I would disagree that gap is that big between the two, both are capable homerun hitters in their own right, one uses power the other agility and quick feet to reach their speed, DC is a better receiver naturally out of the backfield, but puts the ball on the ground more and is more of a liability in pass protection.

I think they are both potential studs, team preference will vary.

I agree about the broad jump :pirate:

Fire away.... Aargh...