Free Agents 2017 edition

CommonCents

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we needed a guy last year all year to and all we have done since then is lose guys. When the dust settles, the good guys will be gone. This team does not deserve the benifit of the doubt. And that is nobody else's fault. When a team consistently underwhelms and misses the playoffs, there is no place for calm trust.

Yep. There's more subtraction than addition going on here. It's not just "we're losing out on all the good guys". We aren't even signing warm bodies. We have no WRs and money says Sammy will be injured a significant chunk of next season. My 8 ball confirms this. Maybe we won't use WRs next season.

What happened to the days of FA visits? Seems like everyone just signs nowadays without treking to Tempo.

There is a 2 day "tampering" period now...negotiations get done then

we needed a guy last year all year to and all we have done since then is lose guys. When the dust settles, the good guys will be gone. This team does not deserve the benifit of the doubt. And that is nobody else's fault. When a team consistently underwhelms and misses the playoffs, there is no place for calm trust.

good guys and we still miss the playoffs....who's giving this team the benefit of the doubt? The offseason just started...wait until it's over and OTAs start

I don't get this deal. Would think he could easily get more money that Robert woods.

He seems to be despised by both opponents and a lot of teammates........Brian Hartline said Pryor doesn't really make plays and has a very uneven, unreliable personality and wouldn't trust him to work if given a big contract.

That perception.......plus some perplexing things like only 4 TD's despite being 6'6" 230# 4.38 40 yard guy........and a 3 yard receiving game versus the Bengals after talking trash.........indicate he's still at best raw.

I wish the Bills were in on him but he really wasn't the very top end free agent that he was painted as.

Im just gonna say that it is very unlike the pats to be this active in free agency

It might actually work against them because its not the norm for them

Maybe they are just loading up for a final big run.

Im just gonna say that it is very unlike the pats to be this active in free agency

I really find it surprising that they have basically chosen Gilmore over Malcolm Butler long term...Absolutely nothing against Gilmore, but Butler is the better CB...I really don't think that's even debatable...I know there are rumors of them moving Butler now...I can't imagine there's any way the Pats plan on spending $30 million annually at Starting CB...By paying Gilmore they clearly don't have a problem paying premium dollars for a #1 CB...So why not just pay Butler and lock him up? I have to believe Butler would have taken the Gilmore deal...or at least something VERY close...

I guess they feel the difference between Butler and Gilmore is not as big as I feel it is...And I'm sure they are planning to get something for Butler...So Gilmore + what they get for trading Butler > just keeping and paying Butler...I don't know...Far be it for me to question the Hoodie...But it's just very odd...And kind of a crappy thing to do to one of the best CB's in the NFL who is only 27 years old, and want's to stay and play for your team...

The Patriot way though... B-)

With the Bills reported csp space, they should have been in on that. Solid #2

And they may have been. What WR in their right mind would go to Buffalo on a one year prove it deal? So he can go 35-400 2 td? Smart move mr Pryor

And they may have been. What WR in their right mind would go to Buffalo on a one year prove it deal? So he can go 35-400 2 td? Smart move mr Pryor

As I've mentioned before.......it's not accurate to assume that going to a place with a franchise QB will result in better receiving stats.

Lesser QB's.....or "half field" readers....... feed their better receivers more while the best QB's spread the ball around.

I think Washington was a good fit for him though because there is no Sammy Watkins there........he's got a chance to be the main target for Cousins.

Adding Gilmore and Cooks will hurt them ?

Hot takes Johnny.

Anyone left we can make use out of. 8 mil for Pryor would have been a nice add.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter 54s55 seconds ago

More

Former Bengals G Kevin Zeitler expects to sign with Cleveland, per sources. Big day for Browns O line. Highest paid guard in NFL history.

19 replies213 retweets176 likes

People here love to laugh at the Browns but they are building a Dallas-like O-line and they have a sh-t-ton of draft picks this year, in a very deep draft. And a boatload of picks next year, too. They might very well make the playoffs before the Bills do,